PBP: UEFA CL 1/4 1st Leg | AC Milan v FC Barcelona | 28 March 2012 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Mar 24, 2012.

1. NYfan

NYfan Member

Sep 1, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I think I got confused because there were two overlapping conversations -- one about Milan tactics and one about watering the pitch (which is hopefully dead).

I agree with you and others that I don't have a problem with the dropping 8 guys behind the ball. It is frustrating to watch, but c'est la vie. People always get indignant in sport and I think it should be saved for the really bad things (i.e. Mourinho). The defensive tactics really add to the greatness of Barcelona in a way, as others have said. History will remember really good teams like Milan and LPB corrupting their tactics, not that they managed occasional decent results from it.

2. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    well nobody complained about La Paz till they started losing there:D

3. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    I don't get it either

I would have thought the point was to win at home? when did drawing at home become such a wonderful achievement?

and its not like it was a sound defensive wall (ie like Chelsea) Barca still got through and just didn't finish

4. manyfaces

manyfaces Member

Feb 4, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The problem is that the result of being spoiled by success seems to be a sense of entitlement which reminds me of what annoys me most about Madrid, United, etc. fans.

We are tremendously lucky to be watching this team right now. A lot of fans take that for granted and prefer to feel robbed when things don't go our way. And that bugs me.

5. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Amen. ;)
    Must spread rep...

6. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I agree with you.

I just think it's important to separate some things. Just because someone mentions something or makes a complaint about it doesn't mean that he is making excuses or blaming the result on it.

No one blamed the draw (if someone considers it a bad result) on the pitch. To point it out as a factor for decreasing the quality of the game and increasing the risks of injuries is nothing wrong though. It was the worst pitch we've played at this season and it made it more difficult for the players to play on, anyone could see that.

To start blaming the result on it is something different though, but I haven't seen anyone doing that.

Anyway that game is over and there is a important game tomorrow to look forward to...

7. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Agreed with the first part, but as for taking anything granted I don't think there are too many of those in this forum, at least among the more regular posters.