PBP: UEFA Champions League | Round 1/8 1st Leg | AC Milan vs FC Barcelona | 20 Feb 2013 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Feb 18, 2013.

1. NYfan

NYfan Member

Sep 1, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    A macanudo is a brand of cigars? Hmmm...

My favorite comeback of all time (just for personal reasons because I was watching it live on tv at the time when I was still in my impressionable early days of being a football fan) was Chelsea-Arsenal in 1999 when Kanu scored 3 goals in the last 15 minutes to turn around a 2-0 deficit to a 2-3 Arsenal win. Best of all was Martin Tyler screaming out "can you (kanu) believe it?" after he scored the last goal :D

2. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Let's look at this tie a different way:

If the first leg were at home, I think a lot of us would be hoping for a 2 or 3 goal win at minimum to feel safe before heading to the San Siro.

Well now the situation is reversed. I, for one, hope Milan comes to the Camp Nou feeling it's in the bag if they play conservatively.

In this sense the mini-crisis we are having might have a benefit: if Milan actually comes in believing we've lost a step, they may be in for a hell of shock.

3. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Remember MU losing 1-2 in first leg against Roma in 2007? they actually scored 7 in return leg. Roma scored 1 in second leg but it certainly not matter. At this point, we and most people assume we will lose at the end but after losing to RM in CDR, the team expectation must be lowered and hopefully they will play with "nothing to lose" mentality rather afraid of losing.

4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Very different circumstances though. Man Utd only needed 1 goal and they were ahead on aggregate. So Roma had to attack and Man Utd burned them.

For Barca, even if they score Milan can still keep the bus parked. Heck, even at 2-nil they don't need to move the bus.

But Milan has had their fair share of stinkers away from home in the CL though. People have already brought up the Depor and Liverpool games. But don't forget, just last season Milan beat Arsenal 4-nil in the first-leg, and lost the 2nd-leg 3-nil. All 3 Arsenal goals came in the first-half too!

5. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The thing that is more worrying about Milan is that we had problems with them last year as well. First leg was 0 x 0. In the second we conceded a goal and out of the 3 goals we scored, 2 were from PKs (the first 2). Yes they are a different team this year, but have the same concept.

6. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    The good thing is we were creating chances at home, even when trailing or tied on aggregate.