UCL - Bayern München vs Manchester United - April 9, 2014 [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    Yeah; more substance than style. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a student of the game.

2. alexspepa

alexspepa Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well the winner next year does qualify for CL the next year...but take it from me playing Thursday-Sunday sucks.

3. tscboys

tscboys Member+

Sep 7, 2004
    Tulsa
    It seems to me that is the way the Germans raise their players. Ballack, Kroos, Schweini, Lahm are all players who are great at a lot of things, yet won't catch the eye of the average football watcher because they are not flashy players who will woo and wow people.

Then again, that's German culture, more of what you can do than what you look like you can do.

Lahmfan repped this.
  4. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    Ballack was pretty eye-catching to me.

I agree with what you're saying in general though.

benni... repped this.
  5. tscboys

tscboys Member+

Sep 7, 2004
    Tulsa
    Yeah as Moyes only defender on here I have to admit the amount he has bent over for Rooney has spoken a lot about his guts. I don't know if that's because he is worried about stability and losing him would be too much right now (like Sir Alex the first time Rooney demanded a transfer), or if he is really that much of a pushover to a star.

6. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    lost all crediblity with the bolded bit and i stopped reading. but let me just point out that the amount he has bent over for Rooney has spoken a lot about his guts. I don't know if that's because he is worried about stability and losing him would be too much right now (like Sir Alex the first time Rooney demanded a transfer), or if he is really that much of a pushover to a star.

Guess we will see......

djcandle19 and barroldinho repped this.
  7. Drae

Drae Member+

Jun 26, 2006
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I thought the game flattered us again. We had no control over the game whatsoever. When they wanted to tika tacka and dick around with the ball doing nothing, we let them. When they wanted to score three goals, we let them. Moyes was a bystander.

We fashioned a few half chances, which is nice. We were not playing anywhere near the correct system or personnel to make the best of our very limited abilities, but we did have a few half chances. Evra scored a once in a career screamer, which is hardly part of the "plan" such as it was. Overall it was an above average performance for this season, but that of course does not actually mean that we played well.

Not the worst way to exit the CL, but its depressing as hell that we wont have any next year. It has not really sunk in at all.

If you need yet another domain for Moyes to fail in, its managing big stars. We have consistently catered to out of form stars (mostly Rooney and RVP) and played the incorrect system or other players out of position because Moyes does not have the balls to properly manage big stars.

Karloski repped this.
  8. djcandle19

djcandle19 Member

Mar 19, 2009
    Nation's Capitol
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The latter is becoming clear.

9. nimma

nimma Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 5, 2006
    India
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    MOYES DOES NOT HAVE THE BALLS TO DROP/SUB ROONEY....

Facht

/rant

10. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Moyes is Rooney's bitch, period. Whether it's some guilt or leftover from Everton or pressure from the club due to his popularity, Wayne can't be messed with. He may as well start picking the team.

Hearing Carrick say that the second goal killed the match is our season in nutshell. All we needed was one goal but this team in its current mentality thought the match was dead.

Moyes is doing some dumb shit but the players are failing heavily too. Carrick is looking worn down. He desperately needs help or will be done as a top level player soon.

For all Evra's failures, mainly because we have ridden him like a horse with no backup the last 5 years, he is the only person in our squad that seems to respect being a United player. I love him.

djcandle19 and Radbennie repped this.
  11. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The other way to look at it is that if the second goal killed the match why wasnt more done to prevent the first. Goals here are at a premium and we just rolled over and give one away.

although with you saying this i question everything you ever said.

having said that you are right, the players are no longer having that champions mentality and you cant blame them

12. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think the Moyes/Rooney thing has to do with Rooney probably being one of the few players in the squad that he hasn't lost. He shat on plenty of players earlier in the season, and other the Carrick (too much of pro), the youngsters (De Gea, Jones, Adnan, Danny), Fellaini, Young and Valencia he has seemingly lost the squad.

Not only is Rooney England big white hope, he is also the only "star" he has on his side. It is going to be very interesting with no CL carrot left, how much effort everyone puts it. World Cup squad are not that open anymore. From our squad, who is going knows they are going already.

b0sk1 repped this.
  13. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This goddam season just needs to end.

Denis Horan and Amdrag repped this.
  14. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    With Evra it always feels like a show to me. He puts it on, but I think guys like Giggs, Carrick, Danny, RVP and Rio (he has grown up a lot) know and respect what it means to be a United player.

tscboys repped this.
  15. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Saying only was hyperbole. We aren't even seeing Rio and Giggs, who I think respect the badge and are just amazed at our current manager. But there isn't much. Ddg as well for me. I don't think Evra puts anything on though, I believe anyway.

16. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Agree on De Gea, so it is going to be sad when he eventually moves back to Spain.

I just don't know with Evra. He is just too showing with it for me and not in the Gary Neville way. Neville liked to rub it in with our rivals, make it hurt while wearing his pride on his shoulder.

17. jmartin1966

jmartin1966 Member+

Jun 13, 2004
    Chicago
  18. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    It might be the target for Moyes but the fans shouldn't lower their standards to this fool's.

19. nimma

nimma Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 5, 2006
    India
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    And yet that is exactly what is going to happen....Cue the excuses...'Oh he just brought in a lot of players...It takes time for them to settle in..I am sure he will win us the title next season'...Blah blah blah...Excuses...More excuses...

I can't see us winning anything with this guy in charge....His negative and defeatist mentality has rubbed on the squad as well....One only has to listen to Carrick's comments after the game and see it....(Tie being over after the second goal when we still had 23 mins to score 1 and go through).....

Even in his post match presser he said he hoped that its only one year out of the CL competition....Idiot....

20. omar_mufc

omar_mufc Member

Oct 19, 2004
    Strangely hypnotic :)