UCL - Bayern München vs Manchester United - April 9, 2014 [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Essex

Essex Member

Jul 5, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Very much frustrated. The semi-final place was theirs to take! How can they f*ck up after scoring the first goal!

2. Radbennie

Radbennie Member

Dec 30, 2005
    New Zealand
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'm glad I got to witness my team play in the champions league... Can't wait for Europa league next year!!

3. Vocalz

Vocalz ManUtd! SLB! Pt!

Dec 31, 2005
    California
    lol you think we're gonna make it into the europa league?

s7kru, Amdrag and Denis Horan repped this.
  4. Radbennie

Radbennie Member

Dec 30, 2005
    New Zealand
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think we going to win our remainder games, so yep I certainly do.

On a different note, I have always backed Rooney, but today's performance was frustrating! We should of won that game.

5. Vocalz

Vocalz ManUtd! SLB! Pt!

Dec 31, 2005
    California
    Explain to me the math that makes you think we can get into the EL even if we win.

Or are you assuming Arsenal automagically win the FA Cup?

6. tscboys

tscboys Member+

Sep 7, 2004
    Tulsa
    Isn't 6th place Europa League? Not that that's okay by the standards of our club, but we will more than likely end up there.

7. doubletrouble

doubletrouble Member+

Manchester United
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Dec 16, 2003
    St.Kitts
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Kitts and Nevis
  8. Vocalz

Vocalz ManUtd! SLB! Pt!

Dec 31, 2005
    California
    #333 Vocalz, Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
    Are we in 6th place?

Actually even if arse win, the cup runner up in the FA Cup would qualify anyway ahead of us, thought the spot passed down to a premier league spot but that would require both the winner and runner up to already be qualified for a EU competition.

9. Denis Horan

Denis Horan Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    The worst part is even if we made the Europa League, we probably still wouldn't get to the quarter final.

10. Stud83

Stud83 Member+

Jun 1, 2005
    Worst? Europa league would be right behind Carling Cup and just ahead of meaningless friendlies in terms of priorities for us. Maybe get to see some kids play at least.

11. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Europa cup would be behind friendlies for me. Unless they start playing it on Wednesdays.

12. Denis Horan

Denis Horan Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I bet Moyes would take it seriously...and tire out all our players for the league.

13. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    just wanted to say good luck to you for the rest of the season. you guys put a good fight and i think both games was much closer than everyone thought it would be. see you guys in 2 seasons hopefully.

14. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    yup. unless your side fielded an ineligible player;) and even then probably not :(

anyway just a few things:

• i dunno what happened out there but i am disappointed and OK with it at the same time. we took the lead as many doubted we would but lost it tragically (disappointed) but we knew at any point they could go up the gears and fly past us like Bolt (OK with it)
    • with our CL experience you would hope we could hold a lead at least 5 minutes
    • yet another big game with a lot at stake where Rooney was largely a bystander
    • i love Evra overall for his contribution here but this is the end, hold your breath and count to 10
    • despite all i have said i am OK with it in the sense that i knew we would have a dip once SAF left. didn't expect such a drastic one but i expected this and it was inevitable (can't win forever)
    • may as well play Smalling and Jones at CB now since Moyes said he wants to see them there.
    • games for Mata Kagawa Nani together etc? hopefully? even if one or more is to be sold?
    • KIDS KIDS KIDS. use them
    • hopefully the players can at least unwind and try to enjoy and express themselves in the games left now or at least go into them without getting stressed or upset now that everything is gone
    • someone asked how long of a run we were on in the CL = 18 seasons
    • for those hoping for pressure for Moyes to go the sponsors are far happier with spinning us as losing to the current champs and as QFinalists vs R16 exit and "wtf Olympiakos?" so not looking good on that front

15. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
  16. jmartin1966

jmartin1966 Member+

Jun 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Exactly, we'll have much better chance of qualifying for the 2015-2016 CL if we miss out on the Europa league. We have enough depth in the 9 and 10 positions, but that's about it. To anyone who thinks the issues with the squad will be solved next summer: Why do you think that? We haven't been able to sign a world class CM for years. What's going to be different about next summer, except that we cannot offer CL football?

17. lynne

lynne Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    So finally watching the game because my DVR failed me today --
    1. What's with Rooney? Which is the injured toe? At 8 minutes in, he runs around the ball to get it on his right foot. I assume you've already discussed this, but if you're playing with only 1 foot, why are you out there?
    2. Tiny field.
    3. Ryan Giggs and Ashley Young as the subs???? Maybe David Moyes doesn't watch his players when they play either.
    4. And why I'm on that subject, why is Vidic starting?
    5. What a shot by Robben 15 minutes in. He apparently has working toes.
    6. The blue uniforms make us look particularly nondescript out there....or maybe we are just that nondescript.
    7. Eric Wynalda is a such an insufferable dweeb.
    8. Valencia slightly offside -- boooooooooooo.

Bayern Munich looks better than us.

18. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
  19. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We'll it was a good series. Like I predicted it was much closer then anyone hyped up..

People forget that you guys are still Manchester United and have a lot of pride to play for..So my respect goes out to you lads for keeping this series tight.

Mad goal from evra but then he went into amateur mode for some reason.,

And can anyone explain to me why Rooney was not subbed earlier but welbeck was???? Rooney was like playing at 50%....... Oh right 300k right?

That move made no sense..

Anyways good luck on the rest of the season!

jeff070, Invincible, Matakos and 3 others repped this.
  20. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    ^This is what Moyes has done to some fans. Convinced them that we're only good enough for a top 4 challenge next year. It angers me that he is getting away with this, and people are going along with it.

jeff070, Invincible, barroldinho and 3 others repped this.
  21. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Jeez, Rooney has really got to Moyes. Limping around all night, that embarrassing wiff in the second half with the goal at his mercy, Moyes putting him in CM. FFS he was injured, shouldn't have started. That's all on Moyes.

tscboys repped this.
  22. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Another big game for Rooney to prove doubters and he proves them right.

The injury doesn't mean shit. If he's on the field he's fit enough to play. This is the CL. If the injury is an excuse, might as well have started Cheech.

Bruised toe. Average talisbiy to go with Average manager and average expectations from blinkered supporters.

Radbennie repped this.
  23. nimma

nimma Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 5, 2006
    India
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Please sack him now...Please...

24. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    After watching Jose tearing down the sidelines to give specific instructions to ensure his team is clear about what is happenening and what needs to happen, it upsets me that our coaching staff were so clueless about what is happening. on top of that, our team doesnt have any leaders on it. why didnt someone step up and make sure that the team was focused following the goal. not that it could not happen when Keane was on the field, but can you imagine the furore that would have happened afterwards?? he would have ripped someones head off.

while players should take responsibility, Jose ensure that there was no guesswork, he mandated it himself. And we wonder who should have been offered the job.