U20 pre-Dallas Cup training camp

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Feb 21, 2014.

1. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    #101 SUDano, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
    Please keep me on ignore and don't respond to me. You're arrogant, patronizing and all you do is continually beat the drum of just one note over and over and over. Stop cutting and pasting the same post to every thread like they're each original. Its the same point continuously. We get it. The USSF and the DA is here to stay, deal with it.

2. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    #103 Clint Eastwood, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
    BTW...........................raining like hell in Dallas apparently. It always seems like the weather is sketchy during the opening weekend of the Dallas Cup. Sometimes with accompanying Tornado warnings.

The FCDU18s are on the field warming up at the Cotton Bowl for their game against Fulham.

http://instagram.com/p/mvFDVRqgi-/#

The US U20s play later tonight at 6:30 CT (I think................)

4. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Pl@ymaker repped this.
  5. USAMEX10

USAMEX10 Member+

Sep 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Is there a stream for it??

6. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
    For a long time, I tried to respond to you with facts, but then I gave up. If you can't handle the extremely rare responses that you get from me now, then either (a) don't respond to me or (b) put more thought into what you say.

The only reason you're bringing the DA into this is to pretend that I'm making the same point continuously. That's dishonest.

The post I made was factual and relevant to the current roster. I was interested in seeing where it had been drawn from. If you want to silence that, well, thank goodness you're not a moderator.

7. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Leave me on ignore.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  8. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Disappointing results for the MLS sides in the run-up to the US U20's match:

Fulham 4 FCD 0
    Anderlecht 1 Galaxy 1

Um.......................that would be a hat-trick from Moussa Dembele. Not often that you get a player who's already made his premier debut at the Dallas Cup.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/under-18s/2013_2014/dallas-cup/group/fc-dallas

I'm sure the result was disappointing for FCD, but at the same time its great experience playing a team of that quality. Don't forget that Acosta was age-eligible for this group, and he's with the US U20s. And Coy Craft was with the US U18s.

9. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    I saw the game and while FC Dallas players had very good individual skill they really lacked how to break down a defense. Not the old way of long ball but in more subtle ways of trying to make a much more difficult pass when simple passes were right in front of them. They got impatient and Fulham was just a good overall team.

10. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
    As you know, I put you on ignore a long time ago and would've been more than happy to leave you there.

If you're not trying to create conflict, then why haven't you backed off?

11. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Leave me on ignore.

12. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
    You've provoked the response you were looking for, and now you're too cowardly to explain yourself. Classic Internet troll.

13. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WTF was a 26-year-old EPL starter doing with the Fulham U-19's?

Winoman, USAMEX10 and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  14. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And, what's more relevant than that hat trick, is the fact that Hyndman set up one of those PK's.

15. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    GFYYLPA. Telling you to put me on your ignore is being a troll. Isn't that fresh.

16. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
    Your stated position is that what I say is worthless, yet you're still replying to it even after I've ignored you for years.

The problem clearly isn't me not ignoring you.

17. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    You can't ignore me.......

18. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stop acting like your 12.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  20. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What happened here?

soccersubjectively repped this.
  21. derek750

derek750 Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's all so very Morrissey:

22. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mousa Sidi Yaya Dembélé (born 16 July 1987)

Moussa Dembélé (born 12 July 1996)

The "double s" version played in Dallas, though he does have 3 first team appearances for Fulham.

23. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Wildly overrated?

C-Rob and Winoman repped this.
  24. futbolfanatic4

futbolfanatic4 New Member

Apr 18, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    [quoteVazquez rea, post: 29916427, member: 54803"]A topic that's come up a few times is whether some of our Mexico-based pros have deserved U20 call-ups.

As a rough guide to player quality, I think it's worth reviewing where players stand relative to the U20 league down there. For example, JP Ocegueda, Joaquin Hernandez, and Benji Joya were all earning frequent U20 appearances at age 18. During the current cycle, Robinson and Arce are both U20 regulars, and I don't think either is even 18 yet.

In contrast, Vasquez is already 19 and still hasn't even made his U20 debut. I realize that Tigres has a relatively deep youth system, but that didn't stop Ocegueda (or Uvaldo Luna). Until Vasquez breaks in at the U20 level, he looks like a very dubious call-up.[/quote]
    I saw vazquez play and he looks solid in the back he has a lot of confidence with the ball and thats what the team needs someone who can control the ball starting from the back thats what ramos likes