U20 MNT Camp 1/3-12 at Lakewood Ranch, FL

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by SUDano, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
    Anyone able to take a stab at the 13 who were unavailable? I've got nine possibilities below.

Acosta
    Arriola
    Bailey
    Canouse
    Flores
    Gall
    Henkel
    Scott
    Spencer

2. USAMEX10

USAMEX10 Member+

Sep 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Ariyibi. I would hope Thompson. .but it if not maybe Arce jr, Tshinai?

Hararea repped this.
  3. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #53 bshredder, Jan 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
    I am not sure about Henkel or Bailey. The others, yes

I do know that Hyndman was invited as well as Gboli Ariyibi

EDIT: add Gooch to the list as well

USvsIRELAND and Hararea repped this.
  4. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    USAprospects‏@USAprospects30m
    US U20s defeated InfoSports 2 : 3-0. A brace from Rubio Rubin and one from new RSL HG player Jay Allen. #usynt (per @DarenFlitcroft)
    USAprospects‏@USAprospects33m
    US U20s vs. InfoSports 2 :: Steffen :: Requejo : Dainkeh : Miazga : Moore :: Allen : Felipe : Delgado :: Moreno : Pfeffer : Rubin #usynt
    USAprospects‏@USAprospects35m
    US U20s lost to InfoSports 1 : 1-2. US scored off own goal in second half following play from '95 #usynt Brian Illoski
    USAprospects‏@USAprospects37m
    US U20 (2nd Half) :: Horvath :: Hayes : Donovan : Amick : Lickert :: Robinsin :: Illoski : Basuljevic : Wannermuehler :: Muyl : Lopez-Espin

USvsIRELAND and USAMEX10 repped this.
  5. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I've yet to hear a peep from anybody about why Acosta isn't at this camp.

It should be noted that Kellyn is a kid that posts constantly on twitter regarding his experiences in the game. And then since December 27th he's posted just once, and that was about IHOP. I just find it odd.

It doesn't really make sense. He didn't "need a break" to get ready for the 2014 MLS season. He can't be tired. He only played during the second half of last season for FCD. I wonder if he's had some sort of minor surgery. [we know about the wisdom teeth :)]

6. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    BTW....................are you convinced Okwuono is going to sign a HG deal? I'm not. I haven't heard a peep from the usual media types in Dallas on this. Maybe FCD is waiting to have a coach in place.

When you look at FCD's roster, two positions where they actually have depth are RB (now that Zach Loyd has re-signed) and CB. They'd probably have a greater need at LB with Mikey Ambrose.............although CB/LB Moises Hernandez is back from Saprissa.

So maybe Markey will be stuck behind the pair again next year.

7. El Michael

El Michael Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Club:
    DC United

Nicolas Gaitan ?

8. US Soccer Supporter

US Soccer Supporter New Member

Jan 8, 2014
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Arriola and Acosta are 1994s and this team will be mostly 1995s and a few mixed in 1996s.

9. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    What??? Both Acosta and Arriola are '95s. Players eligible for the 2015 U20 WC must be born on/after 1/1/95. You are correct in saying that this team will be primarily '95s with some '96s.

Sandon Mibut repped this.
  10. Maitreya

Maitreya Member+

Apr 30, 2007
    Providence, RI
    Does anyone have an idea of what sort of players the Infosports teams consisted of? Something to do with their combine?

11. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Looks like it. Here is their combine schedule:

Thursday, January 9, 2014:

8:00am Full Field Games – schedule TBD. Confirm with your coach on Wednesday afternoon
    9:30am InfoSport select team 1 of 2 (Roster announced on Wednesday afternoon)
    11:30am InfoSport select team 2 of 2 (Roster announced on Wednesday afternoon)​

http://www.infosportinc.com/2014schedule.html

I don't see anything about who the select teams are, or for that matter the full rundown of players at this year's combine.

Having read over these combine rosters pretty extensively over the years, they are really a diverse bunch. I have even played with and against some of these guys -- they range from future MLS-level guys, to high-level amateur players, and even some game no-hopers. Most of the guys who do make it somewhere end up in lower divisions here or abroad, plus indoor.

Maitreya repped this.
  12. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Facts. They matter.

13. UofIneedssoccer

Nov 3, 2009
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    He is back training again

USAMEX10 repped this.