U15 Italy Trip

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Clint Eastwood, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    U.S. Under-15 Boys’ National Team head coach Hugo Perez has named an 18-player roster for the upcoming Tournament Delle Nazioni in Gradisca d’Isonzo, Italy, that runs from April 25-May 1.

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/club...-roster-released-for-italy-tournamen_aid32854

U.S. U-15 BNT SCHEDULE:
    April 23 – U-15 BNT vs. TBD
    April 25; 11:30 a.m. ET – U-15 BNT vs. Slovenia; Bilje, Slovenia
    April 26; 11:30 a.m. ET – U-15 BNT vs. Mexico; Vipolze, Slovenia
    April 27; 11:30 a.m. ET – U-15 BNT vs. China PR; Vipolze, Slovenia
    April 29 – Tournament Delle Nazioni Semifinals
    May 1 – Tournament Delle Nazioni Final

Roster by Position:
    GOALKEEPERS (2): Carlos Avilez (FC Dallas; Dallas, Texas), Erik Lopez (LA Galaxy; Westminster, Calif.)
    DEFENDERS (6): Jose Alfaro, Jr. (Monarcas Morelia; West Chicago, Ill.), McKay Eves (San Diego Surf; San Diego, Calif.), Kyle Gruno (Leicester City; Saddle River, N.J.), Gabe Kash (St. Louis Scott Gallagher Metro; Marshall, Ill.), Angel Uribe (Club Tijuana; Tijuana, Mexico), Sam Vines (Colorado Rapids; Colorado Springs, Colo.)
    MIDFIELDERS (4): Raul Aguilera, Jr. (Orlando City; Sanford, Fla.), Jose Carranza (D.C. United; Manassas, Va.), Jonathan Gonzalez (Monterrey; Santa Rosa, Calif.), Juan Pablo Torres (Georgia United; Lilburn, Ga.)
    FORWARDS (6): Lucas Del Rosario (CASL; Durham, N.C.), Jeanpaul Marin (New York Red Bulls; Rego Park, N.Y.), Leonardo Marquez (Odyssey South; Visalia, Calif.), Marty Raygoza (FC Golden State; South El Monte, Calif.) Adolfo Trujillo (De Anza Force; Livermore, Calif.), Hanif Wright (LA Galaxy; Los Angeles, Calif.)

Pl@ymaker, ARSENAL#1 and Holla at ya boy repped this.
  2. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Is it in Italy or Slovenia?

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  3. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gradisca d’Isonzo is on the border so they must have put the US's group in Slovenia. The two cities are 20 km apart.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  4. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Pl@ymaker repped this.
  5. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Is Lederman part of this age group?

6. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IIRC, Ben Lederman is around 10 years old. I doubt he would be playing with U-15s.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  7. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's 13. He played with the U15s in January of this year.

ARSENAL#1 repped this.
  8. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shows what I know! :oops:

9. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Lederman turns 14 this summer.

Now that he's been indefinitely yanked out of Barcelona's youth program, and seeing how he's not that far from where the tournament is being played, it seems to me that it might have been a good idea to invite him.

10. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Lederman is a 2000. This group is 1999. And our current U17 in residency are 1998s. Of course anyone can play up if the coaches want.

11. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I believe he's one year younger than this age group. These are all players that could be on the U-17 team for this cycle. I doubt Lederman would be involved unless the coaches think he can play two cycles with the U-17 team.

12. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Don't you think these guys are a little too young to be playing up a cycle?

13. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Cycle (2 yrs) or a year. Cycle, probably year no. Lederman would be playing a year up for this tournament.

14. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    The rest of the guys are being called up because they potentially have a chance to join the U-17 team before the end of the cycle. A few guys towards the end of the cycle from the younger year of the cycle always end up finding their way onto the U-17 team for qualifying and the U-17 WC, assuming the team gets there. If the goal of this U-15 trip is to identify players to help the U-17 team, why would you call up a guy who you don't plan to look at for the cycle?

15. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
  16. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Didn't say he should be there, your assuming its just for U17 evaluation, and with just 18 players its unlikely they would ask Lederman to join. Physically he's not yet close to compete too far up with more mature older kids.

ARSENAL#1 repped this.
  17. bajansoccer

bajansoccer Member

Aug 28, 2011
    U know for a fact he has left barca bc of sanctions?

18. genom

genom Member

May 27, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ARSENAL#1 repped this.
  19. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Take a look at his thread. It has the latest updates on his situation.

20. El Michael

El Michael Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    After what you posted in the Lederman thread ( RE: him possibly not getting games due to investigation ) I assumed he would be, but who knows

21. arreola

arreola Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago
    U15's 99' playing vs 98's in Italy. Lost 4-0 today to Slovenia. Play Mexico all 98's tomorrow. Why didnt USA send 98's to this Italy tournament??
    Seems like all these 98' teams are getting ready for next U17 W.C. 2015. Logic?

Tom Collingsworth and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  22. genom

genom Member

May 27, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honest question. Would you have questioned the logic had a certain forward been called into the team for the tournament?

23. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ouch, 4-0 against Slovenia?

24. arreola

arreola Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago
    Do I seem like a person that would hold back on an opinion or is scared to ask a question no matter the situation??
    Or do I hide behind a made up name?
    Sorry, I thought this was an adult's forum.
    And yes, I would have made the same question. Nothing wrong with it. This is good for the 99's no matter the outcome but would have been a better test for the USA 98's in preperation for U17's W.C. 2015, in my opinion.
    P.S. My son is a 99'.
    I heard those Slovenians were big and pressured hard and good. Anyone else have any details on this game?

25. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    A year is a big difference at that age. Only a few 99's have played with the U-17 team at all this cycle.

SUDano repped this.