U14 BNT Camp March 22-30

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Mar 17, 2014.

1. UcIceD2011

UcIceD2011 Member+

Jul 10, 2011
    Nor Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll never understand this mentality from Nats followers...

Quick couple questions, actually. Do you realistically think, if US prospects gets to the level we all envision, that they will all be abroad? With the population level we have and the foreign player limits in other leagues? Plus FIFA outlawing moving abroad before 18? Follow up question: How exactly do you think you get prospects to the level that they are wanted by the best teams in the world?

2. Werdman89

Werdman89 Member+

May 27, 2008
    Boston, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You've just tarnished all your past and future posts. Thought you were a decent poster until this, but with that attitude I have no idea why you bother with being a US soccer fan. Go home bro.

Tom Collingsworth, Winoman and C-Rob repped this.
  3. soccersubjectively

soccersubjectively BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. ARSENAL#1

ARSENAL#1 Member

Aug 3, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay!! ha, you need a Xanax BRO!! My bad for mentioning MLS in a YNT section. Let me refrace, Hope we don't loose our better coaches in the YNT. FYI, I don't jumble the MNT or YNT with the MLS. Snap, now I have to be a fan of the MLS to be a fan of the MNT or YNT?? :(

5. genom

genom Member

May 27, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The writing is on the wall for these staffers, which is sad really.

6. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Absolutely you have to be a fan of MLS to be a fan of MNT or YNT! They go hand in hand. At some point the vast majority of players will come from the infrastructure established jointly by USSF AND MLS. Its how professional players are developed the world round. For me to separate them is like trying to only eat the inner nugget of a candy bar and leave the chocolate uneaten. You gotta love both.

7. ARSENAL#1

ARSENAL#1 Member

Aug 3, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think so Sudano. The Youth National Teams are not paid or mandated by the MLS. The YNT's are set up to find and work with the most talented US players in hope that some day they play in our senior team. They don't necessarily have to be developed here in the states or have ever played in the MLS. You do realize that a vast amount of players would leave the country to try to develop into professional players? I don't believe that US Soccer discourages players involved in the YNT's to leave the country either. I don't think many kids would want to leave if they were confident that they could be developed into professionals by an MLS team. Sudano, I also like other Natioanl teams, like for example Brazil, but don't care to see thier domestic league. My favorite league is the English Premier League, but I can care less of for their national team. Go Figure.

8. Werdman89

Werdman89 Member+

May 27, 2008
    Boston, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Frankly, yes. There is zero chance the US will become a top team in the world without a quality domestic league. We can't have a quality league without fan support. The people who want US soccer to be better and scoff at MLS are a joke.

C-Rob and Winoman repped this.
  9. ARSENAL#1

ARSENAL#1 Member

Aug 3, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's a joke is that with the millions of kids playing soccer in the USA and the MLS still have not have figured out a way to produce world talent! Now let's get back to the Youth National teams. I believe there are forums within big soccer that touch on MLS problems, I'm sure you can find someone there willing to argue with you all day.

10. Werdman89

Werdman89 Member+

May 27, 2008
    Boston, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It seems that you're the only one arguing with everyone else.

Holla at ya boy and genom repped this.
  11. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Darn. I tried. Of course this is all philosophical and in no way punitive, but I came to the game from a totally different direction and therefore with all intended respect and joviality disagree with you. :)
    Your first point is in fact what is wrong with development in the US today. We think the youth teams are in fact the way to the full national team but it has so much more to do with what they are doing on a daily basis with their professional teams and not the sporadic youth national team camps. Of course there is overlap to some degree but full national team selection is much more related to their professional development with their everyday teams. We have the emphasis all wrong and need to encourage MLS professional teams to drive development thru the professional ranks. All great soccer playing nations emphasize professional teams driving development with what they deem to be skills needed to succeed. All national teams should be doing is picking the best players from the development pool, along with driving the grassroots passion for the game. You're conflating two issues. Is our country doing a great job of balancing the skills of the federation and the domestic league vs what should be the optimum role moving forward. Of course players can go to other countries but they all start here. (Except for the Germaricans) I would hope that since the vast majority of prospects originate in the US and the vast majority of our players are playing or have once played in our domestic professional league that as a fan of the USMNT that you would be interested in their development and progress through the ranks in conjunction with the growth of the game in this great country of ours. If you want the game to grow and be reflected in the improvement and success of the USMNT but don't care about where it came from or be a fan to root in on its grassroots passion and growth that's ok. It just rings hollow to me. Its like claiming to be a big soccer fan but only watch your son's game.

Winoman repped this.