U.S. U17s at 2014 Aegean Cup, Jan. 20-25

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Jan 14, 2014.

1. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    on the turkish goal. was he onside? anybody had a better look? looked quite off to me, but the highlight vid doesn't dwell on it.

2. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Just stopped video on the pass and clearly onside. US #5 easily kept him on. He just took a bad angle on his trying to block the pass, alot of space behind him.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  3. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    gotcha.

4. bajansoccer

bajansoccer Member

Aug 28, 2011
    every time i see pulisic play i become an increasing fan. yes de la torre's pass was sublime but i have not seen him play to provide a critique. This is all good news for our lads and system but step by step

5. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    De la torre has very good ball control and is a flashy dribbler with decent vision.

6. aw072760

aw072760 Member

Sep 6, 2011
    Dallas, Tx
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    De La Torre has honestly been the best player in this group. Every time I've watched him he's been fantastic with the ball, very calm and always makes the right pass. He also seems to glide by players easily.

7. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    As others have mentioned, it's so hard to predict how these players will turn out. However, this group does seem to have a leg up on previous groups as their entry point to eventual 1st team ball. Overall, their technical ability seems better, with De La Torre being a prime example. Of course, technical ability by itself won't ensure future success, but having it doesn't hurt.

8. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    And we should wait and see who emerges from Bradenton unscathed.

Peter Bonetti repped this.
  9. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I think its great that there are so many opinions about who the best player is. The previous cycle, it was Flores, Rubin or Moore. This current cycle cycle, you can make an argument for at least five or six players as the best player.

None of us are experts, but its good that we have so many top level prospects instead of two or three like the past few cycles.

10. ckl26

ckl26 Member+

Jul 21, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
  11. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    Was it ever confirmed if Pulisic has a Euro passport? He's obviously trained and even played with PSV and if he does have a passport, he still can't move until his 16th birthday in September.

He also could be Union HG eligible. He was with PA Classics, who was a Union affiliate, not sure if they still are as PDA dropped their affiliation with the Union. If not, he could just get registered with the Union academy to start the clock as well.

12. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
  13. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
  14. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Is Kevin Silva going to be signing with a European club? He possesses a Portuguese passport.

15. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY