U-17 Bradenton 2.0 Thread

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Real Corona, Jul 3, 2012.

1. UofIneedssoccer

Nov 3, 2009
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    What passing in America, you have to be kidding kick the ball long run on to it and hope you have speedy guys up front. To be honest after watch way to many games this year. The team are getting better at passing what seems to me that is lacking is when pressure is applied what are the other players doing around them to help the pressure. It will come

2. passion4playing

Nov 6, 2009
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo

Remember in that tournament Coach Richie used multiple line ups with varying mixes of players depending on the game. In the Semi final game against Catholica that line up was very different than the one we fielded in the finals. By the way Catholica had just beat Mexico about 2 months earlier. Playing with any continuity in that tournament based on the varying line ups would have been tough. I agree with you for the most part but at this moment for this group it's about fielding the best players available. Coach will settle on his core group and that will be the team we compete with. Those other players will continue to be in the US Soccer mix.

I was looking at this current semester players that was part of the first camp as u14 and continued on through today and I found that only 5 players made it this far. Baird, Adonis, Roquelo, Elijah, and Rubio. Rubio and Roquelo has been perennial starters with the 17's , Baird starts from time to time and Adonis and Elijah has been in the reserve roles. Although, I suspect Elijah will be one of the players to help fill the void in the mid field along with Baird and Shaquille. Elijah who plays Rt. back started in the mid field in the semi finals game against Catholica. Obviously he opened Coach Richie's eyes because he played him in the middle against the PDL team and he had a good game. Those of us that seen the game saw the the 1st half was shoddy at best. Second half elijah and omar settled the team down and helped hold possession 70% compared to 20% in the 1st half. It looks like coach stacked certain positions Forwards and Defense knowing he is going to use some of those players in multiple spots.

3. SportsFan2011

SportsFan2011 Member

Jan 16, 2012
    There are six '97 born players in residency. How many of them have been there from the start? Yeah I am lazy and not a good researcher.

4. SportsFan2011

SportsFan2011 Member

Jan 16, 2012
    Nevermind. I was able to google the first ID camp for the '97s and 5 of the 6 in residency were there: Akale, Jones, Redding, Schropp & Swanson. 4 of them were at the first U14 Thanksgiving camp.

5. D-Wall

D-Wall Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Philly
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What happened to DeAndre Robinson? He looked good in the Nike Invitationals.

6. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    I too liked him. Read at TDS Cameron Lindsey chose to stay home. Probably the slight knee injury and possible overuse. He's going to the U15 camp this week. Looks like the U17 tournament team will be open to all who's available.

7. soccersubjectively

soccersubjectively BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's been with the U17s a good deal but looking at the articles September-November there's not a ton of camps. He was last called in to a US camp in May and is still ranked 21st in the 2014 class by Top Drawer. I believe this is his team but I'm not positive as there's no roster given. First game is on the 22nd so check back then and I'm sure they'll have a roster put up.

In general, Top Drawer is a good site to run around and @BrianSciaretta on Twitter is always keeping up with US youngsters.

8. passion4playing

Nov 6, 2009
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    If you judge Cameron based on the Top Drawer articles and others you would think he was one of the top players at residency. Fortunately I had a chance to watch him in multiple training session and scrimmage games and I'm not surprised he's not part of this group this semester. He struggled with his 1v1 defense and was consistenly out of position to help his team. He was too busy playing the me me me game instead of a team game. I'm more surprised that Aaron Myers was not invited back. The kid has a tremendous amount of skill on the ball. If someone said he declined I would believe that before I would that cameron declined. By the way his twitter page stated that he had picked up an injury and hoped to get reevaluated by the u17 staff and be invited for the next semester. On a side note, Tommy is still injured and was invited back to residency. He missed the entire training camp in L.A.

9. D-Wall

D-Wall Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Philly
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just find it strange that DeAndre isn't back. He looked like he was tearing up Brazil and France, and I had him up there with Wesley Wade as the second best player that tournament, after the showcase Junior Flores put on. He seemed like the type of player that you would build an attack with his speed and Wade's physicality (with Flores tucked in behind them as a 10), but in seeing they substitution pattern, they usually subbed for each other.

I would love some informed feedback on this case, to see if ABMOD didn't rate him or if he decided to not go back.

10. passion4playing

Nov 6, 2009
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo

Each coach rates players differently. That may be the only reasoning behind Ritchie's decision to leave him at home because based on the new forwards that were invited i would rate him higher than almost all of them. I'm sure their will be a lot of changes to the starting line up in comparison to Wilmur's during this domestic camp. That is why players at all levels must not let a coach kill their dream.

11. El Michael

El Michael Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    Age wise hasn't Cameron and one other fellow been playing up 2 years. Clearly a lot of qualified coaches see something in him.

12. passion4playing

Nov 6, 2009
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Age wise Cameron is a 97 and most of the U17 team are 96's. Clearly they do, that is why he was invited to the most recent U15 camp and will continue to be in the US Soccer mix. But in this amateurs opinion their were other players that were clearly better than him at this stage. It really came down to him or Ben Swanson and Ben clearly took advantage of his opportunity at the last u17 camp to make a lasting impression on coach Ritchie and staff. Too bad Cameron was injured it would have been nice to compare apples to apples.

13. upper_v

upper_v Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My understanding is that Cam chose to stay home for personal reasons. Not only is he a 97, but he was an 8th grader last year. No doubt his injury played a role in his decision, but he was a starter in last semester's team.

14. El Michael

El Michael Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Club:
    DC United

From what I can recall he was the only 8th grader and for some reason I thought they switched him from AM to D-Mid.

15. passion4playing

Nov 6, 2009
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    I believe you are correct. The times I seen him play were at D-Mid.

16. passion4playing

Nov 6, 2009
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Coach Ritchie must be dealing with a lot of injuries because looking at the roster i noticed a few players that were left back in Florida. Roqello, Baird, Paul and Tommy.

17. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Here's what you're referring to:

http://www.ussoccer.com/News/U-17-M...Roster-for-Matches-Against-Academy-Sides.aspx

U-17 MNT Roster by Position:
    GOALKEEPERS (2): Jeff Caldwell (NC Fusion; Todd, N.C.), Evan Louro (New York Red Bulls; South River, N.J.)
    DEFENDERS (7): Adonis Amaya (Chivas USA; Westminster, Calif.), Bryce Cregan (PA Classics; Dallastown, Pa.), Conor Donovan (NC Alliance; Fuquay Varina, N.C.), Elijah Martin (Cal Odyssey; Fresno, Calif.), Jorge Miranda (LA Galaxy; Van Nuys, Calif.), Peter Schropp (Omaha FC; Omaha, Neb.), Tyler Turner (South Central Premier; West Haven, Conn.)
    MIDFIELDERS (6): Junior Flores (McLean Youth Soccer; Manassas Park, Va.), Angel Heredia (San Jose Earthquakes; San Jose, Calif.), Christopher Lema (New York Red Bulls; Ridgefield, N.J.), Shaquell Moore (Cobb FC; Powder Springs, Ga.), Rolando Muñoz (LA Galaxy; Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.), Ben Swanson (Crew Soccer Academy; Grove City, Ohio)
    FORWARDS (5): Bradford Jamieson (Chivas USA; Los Angeles, Calif.), Rubio Rubin (Portland Timbers; Beaverton, Ore.), Ahinga Selemani (CSA Wolves; Ann Arbor, Mich.), Wesley Wade (New York Red Bulls; South Orange, N.J.), Alan Winn (Solar Chelsea FC; Garland, Texas)

18. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
    Shaquell Moore is now one of our midfielders? To say the least, this doesn't reduce my concern about the number of quality ballhandlers in residency.

19. Werdman89

Werdman89 Member+

May 27, 2008
    Boston, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beat SLSG Missouri 3-2.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  20. torwart

torwart Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Werderman do you know who scored? How the game went?

21. Werdman89

Werdman89 Member+

May 27, 2008
    Boston, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. Werdman89

Werdman89 Member+

May 27, 2008
    Boston, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Crew beat U17 MNT 2-1: http://www.thecrew.com/news/2012/09/csa-u-18s-down-us-u-17s-2-1

STARTING LINEUPS
    Crew Soccer Academy U-18: Carter Richardson, Alex Bumpus, Tyler Kidwell, Alex Crognale (George Braima), Charlie Reymann (Noah Hutchins); Brady Blackwell (Nicholas Parianos), Sam Brown (Aiden Bean), John Schuman (Blake Townes) ; Nathan Kohl (Thomas Harr), Andrew McKelvey (William Bayemi), Rylee Woods.
    Subs not used: Nicholas Ciraldo, Carter Grimm, Daniel Allen
    United States U-17: Jeff Caldwell, Bryce Cregan, Peter Schropp, Conor Donovan (Wesley Wade), Tyler Turner, Ben Swanson, Rubio Rubin, Rolando Munoz (Junior Flores), Ahinga Selemani, Christopher Lema, Alan Winn (Bradford Jamieson).
    Subs not used: Evan Louro, Adonis Amaya, Jorge Miranda, Elijah Martin
    SCORING SUMMARY
    18' Crew Soccer Academy- Rylee Woods (Unassisted)
    61' Crew Soccer Academy- Alex Bumpus (Noah Hutchins)
    77' US U17- Ahinga Selemani (Unassisted)
    DISCIPLINE
    29' Crew Soccer Academy- Charlie Reymann
    36' Crew Soccer Academy- Nathan Kohl
    58' US U-17- Alan Winn
    85' Crew Soccer Academy- George Braima
    87' US U-17- Bryce Cregan

24. yuyofutbol

yuyofutbol BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 19, 2011
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Not a good result, this kids should be out playing any Academy team regardless affiliation. The time is near for Bradenton.

25. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    I would have to have seen the game to draw any conclusions. Particularly sweeping conclusion of closing a residency academy of any sort. We need more professionally run academies no matter what results are not less. 6 subs to 3? Interesting aspect of the game.