U-17 Bradenton 2.0 Thread

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Real Corona, Jul 3, 2012.

1. scoachd1

scoachd1 Member+

Jun 2, 2004
    Southern California
    I'm certainly not going to argue against giving players information on their performances but I necessarily agree that you can't work on things during a day primarily devoted to recovery. In my experience in working some pretty good finishers the keys are teaching them to get themselves in good positions and to realize balls that roll over the line count just as much as ones that rip the net off - plus a lot of practice. Some very successful coaches also believe that you should work on finishing in every practice.

2. scoachd1

scoachd1 Member+

Jun 2, 2004
    Southern California
    In general I'm in agreement with you about limiting choices but I think you overstate your point. For example I see a lot of youth players don't look for options because they played for coaches that limited the way they play. But at times it does make sense to temporarily put restrictions in place to force players to consider a more difficult, but ultimately better options once they become proficient in executing this option. While some things are easy to do by changing rules in a drill - weaker footed shot counts 3x etc. there are aspects of tactical play that are less efficient to try to do in drills).

3. scoachd1

scoachd1 Member+

Jun 2, 2004
    Southern California
    Since the players all have diverse set of trainers, how can you be so sure they don't know how to play "the right way?" What if they played for coaches that forced them to never played the ball more than 5-10 yards and need to learn take a larger view of the field? You may not believe this is possible but I've seen kids that have issues like this. Very good a playing short passes, but don't understand how to open of the game horizontally or vertically. You need to be very careful in using absolutes with young players.

4. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    Scoachd1, your responses indicate your inbetween both views. In the end I will agree, peter is overtstating his view and I am absoluting mine. In truth the correct answer likely is right in the middle of both of us..

5. soccersubjectively

soccersubjectively BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah let's just not kick it too far.

6. truthandlife

truthandlife Member

Jul 28, 2003
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Back on subject. Any updates on the new class for Bradenton? I think they start back up on the 20th.

7. passion4playing

Nov 6, 2009
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    The invitations are out and I suspect we will know this semesters roster very soon.

8. Werdman89

Werdman89 Member+

May 27, 2008
    Boston, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brad Jamieson, Malcolm Jones, Adonis Amaya, and Dalton Pando will be there. Pando and Jones, a '97, are new additions.

9. Werdman89

Werdman89 Member+

May 27, 2008
    Boston, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Malcolm Dixon is currently training with Aston Villa and after a match with Fulham's U16s, he described them as "soo dirty."

Emeryson Hyndman plays for Fulham U16s.

10. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas
    Emo is with the U18's

11. bajansoccer

bajansoccer Member

Aug 28, 2011
    pando is a 96

12. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
  13. UofIneedssoccer

Nov 3, 2009
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
  14. UcIceD2011

UcIceD2011 Member+

Jul 10, 2011
    Nor Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The roster is now out.

U.S. U17 Men's National Team Residency Roster by Position

GOALKEEPERS (3): Jeff Caldwell (North Carolina Fusion; Todd, N.C.), Paul Christensen (Seattle Sounders FC; Woodinville, Wash.), Evan Louro (New York Red Bulls; South River, N.J.)

DEFENDERS (12): Adonis Amaya (Chivas USA; Westminster, Calif.), Bryce Cregan (PA Classics; Dallastown, Pa.), Conor Donovan (North Carolina Alliance; Fuquay Varina, N.C.), Malcolm Jones (Chivas USA; Chino Hills, Calif.), Elijah Martin (Cal Odyssey; Fresno, Calif.), Jorge Miranda (Real So Cal; Van Nuys, Calif.), Shaquell Moore (Cobb FC; Powder Springs, Ga.), Tommy Redding (FC America Premier; Oviedo, Fla.), John Requejo Jr. (Real So Cal; Carpinteria, Calif.), Gonzalo Rolon (Central California Blues; Bakersfield, Calif.), Peter Schropp (Omaha FC; Omaha, Neb.), Tyler Turner (South Central Premier; West Haven, Conn.)

MIDFIELDERS (7): Mukwelle Akale (Minnesota Thunder; Minneapolis, Minn.), Junior Flores (McLean Youth Soccer; Manassas Park, Va.), Angel Heredia (San Jose Earthquakes; San Jose, Calif.), Guyllain Kabala (New England Revolution; Manchester, N.H.), Christopher Lema (New York Red Bulls; Ridgefield, N.J.), Rolando Muñoz (LA Galaxy; Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.), Ben Swanson (Columbus Crew Soccer Academy; Grove City, Ohio)

FORWARDS (9): Corey Baird (San Diego Surf; Escondido, Calif.), Sebastian Elney (Boca United; Lake Worth, Fla.), Bradford Jamieson (Chivas USA; Los Angeles, Calif.), Brian Pacheco (Pateadores; Anaheim, Calif.), Dalton Pando (San Juan Soccer Club; Shingle Springs, Calif.), Rubio Rubin (Westside Metros; Beaverton, Ore.), Ahinga Selemani (CSA Wolves; Ann Arbor, Mich.), Wesley Wade (New York Red Bulls; South Orange, N.J.), Alan Winn (Solar Chelsea FC; Garland, Texas)

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/club-soccer-articles/u17-mnt-roster-finalized-for-bradenton_aid25058

Hararea and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  15. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
    No Cam Lindley seems a bit odd. Also, I thought they had budget for 32?

16. UcIceD2011

UcIceD2011 Member+

Jul 10, 2011
    Nor Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw on twitter than he had an injury to his knee. Prob will be out for a while and they decided to give his spot to another player for the first semester and re-eval later.

17. UofIneedssoccer

Nov 3, 2009
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Another group of mostly East coast and West coast players that look great but will not be able to play as a team. Good Luck boys please please prove me wrong!!!!

soccersubjectively repped this.
  18. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
    As another critical comment, I wish our roster was more like 6-8 defenders, 12-14 mids, and 6-8 forwards. With fewer than 25% midfielders, is it any wonder we looked so awful in possession against Mexico?

19. youth=glory

youth=glory Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Weren't you the guy talking about how the Fire teams were gonna walk all over the rest of the teams at either DA finals or Sum Cup....if so, I'm starting to notice a trend.....

20. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You may be right, but it depends on the positional "accounting". Given the recent emphasis on the 4-3-3, I've noticed that a lot of wing players at the U-20 level who may have been counted as a midfielder in the past are now being counted as forwards. Perhaps it's simply an issue of nomenclature.

Alternatively, it's possible that there aren't enough midfielders on the roster...

21. UofIneedssoccer

Nov 3, 2009
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Well I am not sure if I said they were going to walk over all the teams. I think I may of said that they were going to come out of their brackets. But I have no skin in the game for the Fire . But I do think midwest players are over looked for the most part so that is the trend that you should follow.
    The observation I was making from watching the teams in the Midwest was the Fire would be a much better team to play then the Crew.

22. youth=glory

youth=glory Member

Sep 2, 2010
    I'd like to add to this, US soccer has a long history of screwing up forwards/midfielders...Not to mention at this age, you could still argue players positions are still very much up in the air. And should not be locked in any way at this age.

23. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
    Absolutely, and this is part of the reason you want to load up on the skill positions.

You see lots of Omar Gonzalez, Tony Beltran, Amobi Okugo, Gabriel Farfan types who successfully migrate to less skilled roles as they get older, but you rarely see players make the opposite move.

24. passion4playing

Nov 6, 2009
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    They also left out Aaron Meyers, Interesting. But, with the skill level of the kids today most of these kids can play multiple positions. So I wouldn't get too caught up on the label that classifies them for the sake of numbers but look at them as a whole.

25. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
    The skill level is certainly a long way ahead of the old days, but against Mexico, something was still clearly missing. In the parts of that game I saw, there were plenty of issues with first touches, on-the-ball composure, and tactical awareness. The end product was that we simply couldn't handle their pressure.

I realize that I'm commenting from afar, but to me, that says we ought to double down on the best passers we can find.