U-17 Bradenton 2.0 Thread

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Real Corona, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Continued......

2. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Needs improvement

3. Blue_Demon

Blue_Demon Member+

Aug 20, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club León
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  4. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In slow motion it looks like a bit of an embelishment on the PK, but whoever said it was outside the area, I'm not seeing it.

5. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stupid f*cking Ref. :mad: Score should've been 2-1.

Nice goal by Rubin.

BimmerBenz95 repped this.
  6. upper_v

upper_v Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw it wrong. It was in the area. Hard to argue with he call.

Hararea repped this.
  7. Spursfan1

Spursfan1 Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Most of those mexican kids already in a professional team training world. already have a contract.

we will never learn.

El_Huero repped this.
  8. Spursfan1

Spursfan1 Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I mean half our squad called up plays for neighborhood FC or metro FC.

ALl of the mexican players are on a professional team and in training with them.

when will we learn?

9. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That didn't matter when we won the Nike friendlies.

El_Huero repped this.
  10. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He doesn't seem to touch him from what I can see. Not that it really matters.

11. bajansoccer

bajansoccer Member

Aug 28, 2011
    That's the difference! We look good now and I like what I see but this is the point when we get left behind bc this is the stage when the pro environment intensifies physically and mentally. See when u fail at Bradenton u go home as a star and play soccer and Xbox vs in brasil to a disappointed family and agent and loss of money. The pressure and motivation and desire is unmatched in US. I experienced that environment first hand thru personal experience with me son who finally admitted after 6 month trial that he realized he was fooling himself "I am not that good". Well he was that good but the day to day hunger and fight was not there and they told him that in so many words. He has matured now and hopefully he adjusts and fights at the next opportunity. That's why no matter the arguments presented about the US developmental system, we will NEVER reach the upper echelons till we make fundamental meaningful changes to mls pro development pipeline ie sign kids and developmental leagues all way up to 1st team.

El_Huero repped this.
  12. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder how those Brazilian kids' parents were after we beat them last year.

13. bajansoccer

bajansoccer Member

Aug 28, 2011
    That was last year! Bet u a thousand dollars brazil makes it farther at next u17 world cup 2013 than we do. Just to let u know that was a makeshift squad bc the A team was at another tournament and some of top players werent released by their clubs. So I am as proud as u that we won but I recommend u temper your enthusiasm so your fall from bliss next year is not so hard.

EGunner repped this.
  14. Ironkick14

Ironkick14 Member+

Sep 29, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We could make it farther, but not with the current group of players. Residency is not helping our U17 nats imo because it prevents many kids in the DA from being scouted and brought into the national team program.

15. CANPRO

CANPRO Member+

Dec 23, 2002
    At this point is Bradenton really needed anymore? Wouldn't the money be better spent on coaching education through out the country?

16. Ironkick14

Ironkick14 Member+

Sep 29, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, that would be a better use of the money IMO, but bradenton will survive for at least another decade based on just the first class ever to come out of it.

17. passion4playing

Nov 6, 2009
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    I disagree. The DA players are constantly being evaluated by National Team staff. There games are scouted and players that was not on the radar are being invited to Training Centers for further evaluations. If you look at the players that were at Bradenton this last semester but was not invited to the Costa Rica trip and were able to play with there DA teams during the showcase/playoffs those players were some of the better players on the field. I noticed one player that didn't make any international or traveling domestic trips with the U17 but was named one of the top XI players at the showcase/playoffs. Sure there may be a player or two that deserve to be at Bradenton but to say that the program is holding more deserving DA players back in favor of players that are currently there is a stretch for me.

18. upper_v

upper_v Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree with P4P, not Ironkick here. If anything, Bradenton is forcing us to take a very serious look throughout the DA for potential adds to the next semester in Bradenton. Four players were added – largely through DA scouting – for the recent Costa Rica trip, a couple of players a week visited Bradenton throughout the spring, and you can expect many more to be added for the upcoming camp this summer.

Bradenton is not perfect, but the issue here isn't that we don't try to scout and bring new players in. Within the DA, at least, I believe US Soccer has made significant strides in the past few years.

19. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
    We're still early enough in this cycle that new players have a shot, but let's see how things evolve. Under Cabrera, our U17 starters did become entrenched, and we ended up stuck with early maturers like Marlon Duran.

20. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, we looked totally outclassed in that vid. Congrats to Mexico, those 17 year olds looked very good.

El_Huero repped this.
  21. truthandlife

truthandlife Member

Jul 28, 2003
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Who is being called into camp next week in LA? Are there a lot of new players?

22. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Under-17 MNT Head Coach Richie Williams Names 40-Player Roster for July Training Camp

U-17 MNT Training Camp Roster by Position:
    GOALKEEPERS (4):
    Jeff Caldwell (NC Fusion; Todd, N.C.), Marius Heislitz (Georgia United; Cumming, Ga.), James Marcinkowski (San Jose Earthquakes; Alamo, Calif.), Abraham Romero (L.A. Galaxy; Altadena, Calif.)
    DEFENDERS (12): Adonis Amaya (Chivas USA; Westminster, Calif.), Jordan Cano (FC Dallas; Richardson, Tex.), Bryce Cregan (PA Classics; Dallastown, Penn.), Malcolm Jones (Chivas USA; Chino Hills, Calif.), Elijah Martin (Cal Odyssey; Fresno, Calif.), Jorge Miranda (Real So Cal; Van Nuys, Calif.), Shaquell Moore (Cobb FC; Powder Springs Ga.), Tommy Redding (FC America Premier; Oviedo, Fla. ), John Requejo Jr. (Real So Cal; Carpinteria, Calif.), Gonzolo Rolon (Cal Odyssey; Bakersfield, Calif.), Peter Schropp (Omaha FC; Omaha, Neb.), Tyler Turner (South Central Premier; West Haven, Conn.)
    MIDFIELDERS (13): Mukwelle Akale (Minnesota Thunder; Minneapolis, Minn.), Rece Buckmaster (Indiana Fire Academy; Auburn, Ind.), Omar Castro (Plant City FC; Plant City, Fla.), Junior Flores (McLean Youth Soccer; Manassas Park, Va.), Angel Heredia (San Jose Earthquakes; San Jose, Calif.), Zach Jackson (Texas SC Houston; Cypress, Tex.), Guyllain Kabala (New England Revolution; Manchester, N.H.), Christopher Lema (New York Red Bulls; Ridgefield, N.J.), Cameron Lindley (Indiana United; Carmel, Ind.), Aaron Meyer (FC Dallas; Carrollton, Tex.), Rolando Munoz (L.A. Galaxy; Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.), Jake Rozhansky (Olney Boys & Girls Club; Tahoma Park, Maryland), Ben Swanson (Columbus Crew; Grove City, Ohio)
    FORWARDS (11): Corey Baird (San Diego Surf; Escondido, Calif.), Mario Da Silva (Parkland Predators; Parlkand, Fla.), Malcolm Dixon (New York Red Bulls; Glenridge, N.J.), Sebastian Elney (Boca United; Lake Worth, Fla.), Bradford Jamieson (Chivas USA; Los Angeles, Calif.), Brian Pacheco (Pateadores; Anaheim, Calif.), Dalton Pando (CDA;Shingle Spring, Calif.), Rubio Rubin (Westside Metros; Beaverton, Ore.), Ahinga Selemani (CSA Wolves; Ann Arbor, Mich.), Wesley Wade (New York Red Bulls; South Orange, N.J.), Alan Winn (Solar Chelsea FC; Garland, Tex.)

The training camp roster features 20 players that were part of the 2012 spring semester at the U-17 Residency Program in Bradenton, Fla., as well as a total of 28 players who have either been a part of the Residency Program or have previously been called into Under-17 Men’s National Team camp.

http://www.ussoccer.com/News/U-17-M...-40-Player-Roster-for-July-Training-Camp.aspx

truthandlife and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  23. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How old is Abraham Romero? That is the guy that saved a penalty against the Colombian U15s. Actually, I see a lot of other U15 players.:eek:

24. truthandlife

truthandlife Member

Jul 28, 2003
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Should be interesting for the kids still playing in the Developmental Academy.

25. Werdman89

Werdman89 Member+

May 27, 2008
    Boston, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Abraham Romero is actually a U14('98), that went on the trip with the U15s...and is now with the U17s. Pretty impressive.