TV for NCAA Soccer Tournament/ College Cup?

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by nandoal28, Nov 15, 2012.

1. nandoal28

nandoal28 Member

Feb 22, 2004
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know that the both of the semi-finals and final game of the College Cup are televised on ESPN, but will any of the other games be televised? ESPN? ESPNU? ESPN3? CBS Sports Network? FoxSoccerChannel?

2. jdgaucho

jdgaucho Member

Jan 8, 2012
    San Diego
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    St. John's-Farleigh Dickinson was on ESPN3. Not sure if others will be, though.

3. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    iu v. xavier will be shown live on big ten network. 1pm eastern on sunday.

Sandon Mibut repped this.
  4. Well Duh

Well Duh Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Starting from the interactive NCAA bracket the following games are showing up with video coverage
    ( http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/soccer-men/d1)

Xavier/IU Sunday @ 1PM
    Charlotte/G-town Sunday @ 1PM
    MSU/ND Sunday @ 2PM
    Mich/Akron Sunday @ 4:30PM
    Brown/MD Sunday @ 5PM
    Tulsa/SF Sunday @ 6PM
    SU/VCU Sunday @ 7PM

Others may come online...check the bracket

JoeSoccerFan repped this.
  5. mdc00

mdc00 Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting. I had heard that ESPN had exclusive broadcast rights to all tournament games, even though they only use them for the College Cup. Guess not.

6. collegesoccer

collegesoccer Member+

Apr 11, 2005
    You can buy the rights for a very minimal fee ($100 or something like that). ESPN has the right of first refusal but they are not going to broadcast and not going to keep someone from broadcasting it. Every game could be on some network if people wanted it. It's a matter of cost and with BTN they are paying. They struggle to find programming on Sunday afternoon so win-win.

7. ckonas

ckonas Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Fairfield, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    What website is the video coverage on?

8. should be working

Apr 9, 2004
    San Diego
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you click on the school name in the bracket at the NCAA site, a pop-up appears with game information. If there will be video or tv coverage, there will be a red box that says "Watch Live" with a red arrow next to it. If you click the Watch Live or the arrow, you will get further details. As of right now, 6 0f the 8 games on the upper half and 3 of the 8 games in the lower half of the bracket have video details.

C'mon, UCLA! Stream this one so my San Diego friends who can't make the trek will be able to watch. I was very grateful to CSU Northridge on Thursday for the live stream, since I wasn't able to get to the game from San Diego after work.