TV and Radio Schedule & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Força Sporting, Sep 11, 2008.

1. moutinho777

moutinho777 Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Ive googled & its all sh*t they all suck.

2. frank55

frank55 Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Club:
    Portugal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Seychelles
    What browser do you use, IE or google chrome,Firefox?

3. moutinho777

moutinho777 Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Chrome, can you message me? I dont want to flood the forum with our convo lol.

4. moutinho777

moutinho777 Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Club:
    FC Porto
    FC Porto - Benfica will be broadcast live on RTP Internacional at 5 (eastern usa time) im so pumped! Forca Porto! Porto fans need to push the team!

5. frank55

frank55 Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Club:
    Portugal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Seychelles
    In my laptop with win vista installed I have IE for browsing the web and have installed google Chrome for live streaming and i have no ad dons, maybe you did not load the right ad block, go to apps and choose an adblock that works best.
    also remenber you need a good internet bandwith i have 3G, also instead of wireless the better connection is wired.
    and if use win OPS you have to have a good antiviros and malware protector,otherwise you Computer will go bad,
    that's why i only stream live tv on Linux,
    You could do that just by getting a 16g USB stick and install Linux in it and use it for Live streaming.

6. moutinho777

moutinho777 Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Club:
    FC Porto
    lives*ccertv.com has Sp. Braga - Benfica 12pm et along with Nacional - FC Porto 2:15pm et listed for both games broadcast on RTP Internacional (RTPi). Can anyone confirm this? Im sure its just an error but you never know.

7. milequatro

milequatro Member

Jul 25, 2004
    MA - United States
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  8. moutinho777

moutinho777 Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Club:
    FC Porto
    This is a definitley a conflict of interest. Might as well shut down Sporttv & put everything on Benfica TV. This is ridiculous the league has to block this deal. If anything the games of Boavista should be on Porto Canal since Boavista are from Porto.

9. milequatro

milequatro Member

Jul 25, 2004
    MA - United States
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    How is it a conflict of interest?

10. milequatro

milequatro Member

Jul 25, 2004
    MA - United States
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    The only conflict of interest here is this piece of shit club even being allowed back in the first division

11. moutinho777

moutinho777 Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Club:
    FC Porto
    The conflict of interest is a club in the first division paying another club in the first division for its home games tv rights is definitley conflicting.

12. moutinho777

moutinho777 Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Anyone hear any news yet on a possible US channel for Liga Zon Sagres in the States & Canada? My guess is no, but we will probably know something right after the World Cup since the season starts a month later. A tv deal needs to get done & be shown on all platforms including cable, satellite, & yes even online. Hopefully someone has heard something, anything a rumor perhaps? Or any negotiations or talks being initiated? Im assuming Sporttv Americas will have to be carried on a platform since it is on Premium Sports, unless games get sold as a package to a company.

13. vaiamerda

vaiamerda Member+

Feb 27, 2011
    You're absolutely right and what this demonstrates is that the league wasn't/isn't ready for such a thing.

moutinho777 repped this.
  14. bruno892b

bruno892b New Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    does anyone know if att uverse plans on getting some portuguese channels soon so i can see some primeira liga soccer?

15. moutinho777

moutinho777 Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Club:
    FC Porto
    You have a better chance hitting the lottery.

16. mannyb84

mannyb84 Member

Jun 13, 2013
    kearny nj
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Haven't been on here for a min, so I have searched and seen that beIN Sports, have rights for the liga sagres but only for Arabia. It would be nice if it came to the US, wouldn't even care if the commentator & announcer spoke Arabic. I just think its disturbing how us fans here in the US & Canada have to suffer streaming games because of the stupid contract agreements. If they aren't coming to at least an agreement how can they go for another season again without even making money? Cheers everyone

moutinho777 repped this.
  17. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Bein doesn't have rights to air Portuguese games in North America.

I have some good news. I can confirm that sportv America's will be available in the U.S. Starting August. How and where I'm waiting on confirmation.

My guess is it'll be on dish netwok again. I don't see it being on direct tv.

It doesn't seem like as of now it'll be available in canada.

I will post any updates as I get them. But as of now, all I know is it will be available residentially in the U.S. Starting August.

natenate101 and moutinho777 repped this.
  18. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    A agreement is in place. The rights for North America for sportv America's and benfica TV was bought last year for both Commercially and residentially. It's a matter of finding providers willing to pay to offer it on their platform. The smaller companies won't ever consider it. Dish makes the most sense because they offer the most Portugues channels as it is and they can easily add those channels to their existing luso pack and increase the price

19. moutinho777

moutinho777 Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Comcast has a couple of Portuguese channels hopefully they get it too. I hope every provider gets it. Hopefully its available online on espn or reasonable price online. @heavy1981 How can you confirm Sporttv & Benfica TV will be available beside the reason Premium Sports have it? How was there and agreement residentially & with who?

20. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FANTASTIC!! Thanks for sharing the info. I'm hyped, last season was a disaster in terms of catching streams. Happy day.

21. milequatro

milequatro Member

Jul 25, 2004
    MA - United States
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    No offense..but i'll believe it when I see it. Lol. We went through this last summer

22. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I didn't say benfica TV. I only said sportv America's. I hope benfica TV will be available too but I don't know

Like I mentioned I don't know the fine details. All I do know is that premium sports bought the rights last season to sportv and have distributed commercially. They will be distributing it residentially starting in August. Whether it's through a provider or premium sports themselves I don't know.
    I've been in contact with someone at premium sports.

23. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I hear ya. To each their own. I'm just passing on info I received from the horses mouth.

natenate101 repped this.
  24. mannyb84

mannyb84 Member

Jun 13, 2013
    kearny nj
    Club:
    FC Porto
    All I was saying was beIn sports Arabia is showing and going to show the portuguese league 2014/15. If beIn makes a deal direct to olivedesportes for North America. There is nothing that Seabras can do about it.

25. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    This has nada to do with seabra. Bein has rights in Arabia. Olivedesports made their deal with premium sports for North America rights. That's a clear picture for you. Rights are sold on a country to country basis.
    Bein can do whatever they want in Arabia as they have the rights. If they want to show the Portuguese liga in North America they must buy rights from premium sports.