TST resales - running update

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Fans & Travel' started by StanleyUK, May 7, 2010.

1. type-r

type-r New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Thanks for the info. I honestly don't know what policy FIFA is executing at the moment. If those were sponsors returns, they've obviously sold them so why can't they put mine up for sale? I mean it's obvious they don't have Match 1 tickets left for sale, so why not put mine for sale now? So damn irritating. At least someone could benefit from the tickets otherwise if they don't sell, me along with other people will lose money and FIFA could end up with quite a few empty seats, which won't look good for the opening ceremony and match.

2. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    No this is not the case. Football associations around the globe have tickets for this game and others. They are still doing returns. I was offered tickets only last week (didn't check specific games but told loads available).

Your tickets should still sell in the end but it is by no means sold out.

3. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    The best way to check for the tickets is for our users to (voluntarily) update the ticket resale thread so we know which cat and which games have been resold. Once a cat in a certain game has been resold then that should indicate fifa has ran out of their own tickets.

4. shaunsindelman

Apr 23, 2009
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Had some free time so I culled everything together...check out the Resale thread for a updated ver of what matches and cats have sold.

5. StanleyUK

StanleyUK New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Loads of tickets up for sale now, every game has gone yellow.
    The optomist in me says these are the resales going up.

Fingers crossed for us all!
    StanleyUK.

6. TSTSeller

TSTSeller New Member

May 10, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Thank you all for the updates. I have 4x TST-4 Uruguay Tickets that I'm trying to sell. I hope the current release includes our TST's.

Keep the updates coming...

7. StanleyUK

StanleyUK New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Yellow everywhere!
    I've never been so excited to see tickets for sale for games I can't go to!
    Buy, everybody, buy!!

8. TOPortiere

TOPortiere New Member

Dec 24, 2006
    Canada
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Oddly, the ticket resale site is unavailable. Back to when they first went on sale. I'm hoping something (good) is up, like maybe reselling TST's :) It's reading:

Dear Supporter,

The FIFA Ticketing website is currently under maintenance and will be available shortly.

Accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
    FIFA World Cup™ Ticketing Centre

p.s. I also posted this is the ticket resale forum. I hope I didn't break any rules by doing so

9. TSTSeller

TSTSeller New Member

May 10, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I just checked the FIFA site again and now my games are either unavailable (Orange) or sold out (Red)...I'm guessing that means they didn't release out TST's?!?!?

Will they split up the TST's and sell the games individually? Or does someone (or FIFA) have to buy the entire thing?

10. type-r

type-r New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Sounds about right. Nice to see lots of yellow and red. Still Match 1 and Match 64 both showing UNAVAILABLE. No surprises there then.

11. StanleyUK

StanleyUK New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    SOLD!!!!!!

I have 3 x TST-5 for England up for resale, and one is now registered as SOLD!

There is hope for all of us yet. I'll keep you posted on the remaining tickets.
    Just as an FYI, as most have pointed out on the process, 'My Tickets' shows SOLD, but Summary shows all as still for Resale.

12. jezs

jezs New Member

May 11, 2010
    oooo! mine SOLD too!

2* Cat 1 England TST 3 is sold too according to the my tickets page. Still resale on summary page....

Good luck to everyone else with TSTs!

13. TOPortiere

TOPortiere New Member

Dec 24, 2006
    Canada
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Mine Sold TOOOO!!!

All 4 of my Cat 1, Italy TST-7's sold.

14. supaeagles

supaeagles Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    good to see progress being made on TST resales.
    :D

15. MjrGrubert

MjrGrubert BigSoccer Supporter

May 22, 2003
    Whitefish, MT
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of my 4 Cat 1 USA TST3s sold.
    Reluctantly.

16. Ned10

Ned10 New Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Club:
    Jersey SB.
    Hi ToPortiere - I have 2 TST 7 Italys up for re-sale - still unsold - can I ask what date you put your up for resale....thanks.

17. TOPortiere

TOPortiere New Member

Dec 24, 2006
    Canada
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hey Ned10,
    I put them up as soon as the resale site became available which I think was April 20. Of course it was supposed to be the 15th, but as we all know, it was not available for a few days. Feel free to ask anything else if you need to.

I'm relieved that they sold, but kind of a bit disappointed cus now I don't have the finals. I was actually beginning to make plans to attend the finals if I wasn't able to sell these :(
    ah well

18. spludgey

spludgey New Member

Apr 21, 2010
    One of my Cat3 TST6 Germany tickets is sold, the other isn't.

19. GB1204

GB1204 Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Sold a few more South Korea TST7 Cat2, and also 2 South Korea TST7 Cat1.

20. supaeagles

supaeagles Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Just to add, I think it would have been a waste if you just wanted to attend a final. You dont see or learn anything about the host country from attending one game. Thats the way I see it. Go there to have fun, mix with people, see the country which I think is beautiful and most importantly experience atmosphere in different stadiums. Ofcourse, your views of this world cup could be different.

21. macdonak

macdonak Member

May 15, 2006
    London
    My friend just sold one Cat3 Paraguay TST5. Still got three to go but on course for a better result than feared! They're still having to go through the "I Accept" screen when they log on to review progress of the sales.

22. DonCamillo

DonCamillo New Member

Mar 31, 2006
    That is the best news I have heard in weeks!! I am still sitting on 4 Cat2 Paraguay TST6 unsold. And I guess their sales are being held hostage by games like Paraguay-NZ that are in ample supply. In 2006 you could buy the Paraguay-Trinidad game for a few Euro before the game and that won't be much different this time so I am wondering who would want to buy that ticket in advance ...

Our strategy was to buy a Paraguay series because we could not get a Brazil TST and speculate that Brazil will win their group and Paraguay will finish 2nd in theirs, upon which that TST6 starts to include a good possibility for Brazil QF and SF.
    This strategy was brilliant to get tickets and now it backfires when you have to sell :)

If I can't sell them until June 10 I will go there for a week-end, print them and resell them myself. The 2nd round games are all going to be in good demand with Holland and Brazil and that will more than make up for the cost of my travel. Just to make sure they don't resell them as soon as they realize I have not printed them.

AND: this was the last time in my life I have bought tickets from FIFA directly, no matter what. I have been to every worldcup since '82 and I have never seen such a mess before. It is getting progressively worse every time. In 2006 the $800 black market QF ticket was the cheapest and easiest I bought, considering all the time spent over 2 years to follow the ordering and allocation process, the countless phone conferences trying to coordinate 14 friends into groups of 4 applicants and dealing with the craziness and incompetence of the FIFA staff.

Unlike some others here I don't believe there is any legal regress. The only thing that will help is to stop using this b/s process. I will be MORE than happy to pay the ticket scalper the double or triple price and don't have to worry about losing thousands of $s for nothing.

23. bravo340

bravo340 Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Club León
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    My post in other resales thread:

24. chris-shan

chris-shan New Member

May 11, 2010
    Hi all

I have sold 3 out of 4 Cat 2 Australia TST3 tickets.

Sold on the my ticket page but still showing to resale on the summary page.

Take heart - the Australia v Serbia game is still in ample supply and my tickets sold. I assume this happened given the popularity of the games against Germany and Ghana.

25. tullyite

tullyite Member

Apr 28, 2009
    My spare Cat 1 Ivory Coast TST-7 has now also been reclaimed by FIFA for resale.:)

I put it up for resale as soon as the resale ticket portal was up and running.

I was getting a bit worried as I suspect I wouldn't have got face value for these tickets on the black market in SA. Best to cut my losses now and get back the money I paid some 9 months ago.