Trying to find that Italian club that grabs hold of me

Discussion in 'Italy: Clubs' started by Aztattooedsean777, Feb 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I would be curious in a world where at least most of the regular top half of the Serie A clubs were to be able to build themselves modern football stadiums with out those damn tracks around the pitch if there would be any issues with the supporters. All the firecrackers and what not seems okay when the core ultras are so far away behind the goals but if they were almost right up on the pitch, I would be curious what happens.

That said, the werder bremen supporters had firecrackers last night at Frankfurt and no bad happened with all the security there.

I know many Italians hate the English style stadiums. I think the perfect middle point is many of the Bundesliga stadiums. Huge crowds, affordable prices, standing terraces, not too much violence, good attractive football for the most part.

I am not saying one over the other. there have been some great matches in Italy. I loved Napoli's amazing comeback win last weekend. Milan beating Inter was very entertaining. Udinese has been super fun to watch.

I just think they have to realize there are many things that have knocked them down to 4th in the coefficient table and it isn't just the quality on the pitch.

2. Kampfschwein

Kampfschwein Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's probably least of all the quality on the pitch.

Endemic corruption, poor stadiums and a worrisome fan culture are what's dragging down Italian football.

1 person likes this.
  3. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I just want to make one thing very clear to everyone I here

It is under no circumstances acceptable for any poster to send harassing, rude, or derogatory private messages to another poster. It doesn't matter if that poster is a regular or not, if he cheers for the same team, or an entirely different league.

Do not do it, if it get's reported to the moderators you will receive infractions.

4. Cavani7

Cavani7 Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Like that shit doesn't happen in other countries. :rolleyes:

The poor stadiums is what stands out, but who are you to talk after FIFA awards you a World Cup? Germany might have the better stadiums, but where's the European silverware? Where are the world wide fans? Where's the global exposure?

Outside the exception of Bayern, the best players in the world play in Italy, England, and Spain.

You don't even have 20 clubs participating in your league! :D

Rosay repped this.
  5. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
  6. Cavani7

Cavani7 Member

Jan 13, 2011