Travel/Tickets: USA vs Jamaica in Kansas City 10/11/2013

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by wixson7, Mar 21, 2013.

1. andrew74354

andrew74354 Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oklahoma joes is my favorite bbq place.

2. Soccer7947

Soccer7947 Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Kansas
    Gates has some of the best sauce you will ever eat, meat is just ok.
    Oklahoma joes has good everything. Sauce can't touch gates. Side are good, not great.
    Jack stack. Good meat, sauce is ok, great sides. Baked beans rock and cheesy corn rocks. They are to most expensive place.
    Those are the big name places. Hope you enjoy. I am all about the sauce as you can tell. Gates is Kansas City, so that would be the place if you are going to only one place. Hot sauce is just the best.

3. stuinsf

stuinsf Member

Jul 2, 2005
    I've got one ticket in the AO section on the South Side that I'm looking to get back what I paid ($57 plus $7 shipping). PM me if interested. Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!

Stu

4. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I ended up at a place called RJ Bar B-Q on Parrallel Parkway (about a mile east of the mall). Pretty good meal.

5. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Crowd looked and sounded great. And organized. Well done KC. Would like to hear some reports.

I like the slow style of Oh when the yanks.. Arm in arm. I Believe is such a bad one sorry but it is. A few portland/Seattle chants seem to have become mainstays.. I like.

Kudos, looked and sounded great.

6. Oobers

Oobers Member+

Oct 17, 2011
    Boise
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I sat pretty much in between the two supporter sides. The PA system tactic worked well...but only when the crowd picked up the cue. A PA should only be necessary to start a chant. If you have to keep using the PA through a chant and no one else is picking it up then it's going to sound terrible. Happened a couple times in the first half but improved in the second.

Of course the crowd needs something to feed off of on the field. After that first goal the crowd was incredible. Even the "non supporter" sections were in it. Fantastic experience overall.

7. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    KC always has an elite crowd. It was nice to wave a flag and not have people yell pissed off about it. These guys are educated, enthusiastic and there's a reason the US will play there every cycle.

I would say this was an incredibly formative year for the fanbase from Denver to KC. Some of the lamer chants and songs are sliding away and we are bringing in some of the best from MLS supporter groups. The organization level is also going up dramatically. There are positives and negatives to it, but overall I think it's a net positive.

I never thought I'd say it three years ago before ever going there, but I love KC.

Oobers and UcanHateMeNow repped this.
  8. UcanHateMeNow

UcanHateMeNow Member

Jul 3, 2013
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I LOVED doing the "Everybody" chant. I will definitely be going to KC again for another USA game when it comes up.

9. manoa

manoa Member

Aug 16, 2005
    there are palm trees
    I had a blast. There were a few hundred [?] empty seats, maybe, and there wasn't much life in the Nats during large stretches, but I thought the crowd and supporters section were terrific. I was sitting about two rows and five seats from bluecat82, who I recognized from his av, so I introduced myself. :) Much fun was had by all.

Bluecat82 repped this.
  10. treadOnYou

treadOnYou New Member

May 12, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Hi there,

I had to sell my ticket to this game due to personal reasons but made it to the other home qualifiers. This is the one scarf I am missing. Is anyone willing to trade/sell it? My vision is to get them all in a single frame for my office.

Thanks

11. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    I have one still in the package, i can mail it. PM your address.