Travel/Tickets: USA versus Mexico in Mexico City 3/26/2013

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by GOREVS3000, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Here's the link to the Ticketmaster Mexico sales page for the March 26th match: http://www.ticketmaster.com.mx/event/1400498B83010A37?artistid=856033&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=11

Right now, there is a presale. General onsale is March 2nd, 11:00 AM (Mexico City) or CST.

I believe, but I am not positive, that the US Supporters Section will be in upper level General Sur, which is where we were in 2009 and appears to be where we will be next month according to the description from the USSF Eventbrite sales page. I am unsure if that is General Cabecera (MX $171) or General (MX $207).

2. aimorris

aimorris Member

May 2, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd guess cabecera since we're most likely going to be behind the goal.

3. lougaetjens

lougaetjens New Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    So if I get my hands on a ticket in the upper deck, I could just meat up with the supporters in Mexico and go together? I'm down with that, I just want to get in! Still waiting for AO or USSF to come through with tickets...

4. lougaetjens

lougaetjens New Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I just saw your post after I posted my last one. What is a "tarjeta verde"?

5. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I think it is a type of (exclusive) credit card. The password is the first digits of the card.

You should be set if you buy an upper level GA ticket, but, as I said, I'm not sure which area contains the US Section. If it were me, I'd buy the cheapest ticket and ask security for the gringo section. I think in 2009, we had general poniente tickets, but stood with the other US fans in a general sur section, and security pointed us to the proper place. No one looked at our tickets, except when we entered the stadium and the ramp to the upper most deck.

It would be disappointing if you can't make any headway with the USSF in the course of this week before the general onsale date at Ticketmaster Mexico.

6. lougaetjens

lougaetjens New Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I have family in Mexico, so I'm going to try and get those advanced pre-sale tickets following your advice and then at least I have my tickets and then the adventure of finding other USMNT supporters to attend with will begin. Your ticketmaster link is looking like my safety right now, thanks a million.

7. jmnoles

jmnoles New Member

May 18, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The pre-sale password is 490176. It's the first 6 digits for the Mexican National Team Banamex credit card number. Found it online. Hope this helps. See you at the game.

8. Athazagoraphobia

Jul 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Hey guys, Mexico supporter over here. I was just wondering when the actual sale was? Also, is the pre - sale password posted just for the USA section or just to get into pre - sales?

Many thanks!

9. lougaetjens

lougaetjens New Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Well, I just spent some time looking at the options via ticketmaster.com.mx and besides only getting general seats in the Northern section (we want the Southern, you're right, "visitantes") no matter which combinations I tried (188, 155, best available, cabecera), you can only currently pay with a Banamex card with a Mexican address. Tarjeta verde indeed, lets see what the relatives in country can do for me here. I'll get two as a safety and keep working the AO/USSF angle as well.

10. lougaetjens

lougaetjens New Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Tried it, thanks! Currently, you need to have a Banamex card with an address in Mexico. I'll have to see what the deal is on March 2nd if AO or USSF don't come through.

11. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I think you'll be ok if you must wait until March 2nd to buy tickets from Ticketmaster Mexico. I doubt that the game will sell out during the presale. General sale ticket prices are a little higher, because the Banamex presales provide a 10% discount.

In 2009, I bought two tickets from Ticketmaster with a US credit card and picked them up will call at a sales outlet in DF. I can't remember exactly, but I think that tickets had been on sale for awhile when I bought mine. The pricing was different then as there was only one price for upper level general admission. I was a little anxious because my tickets were in a different general admission section than the US Supporters Section. I communicated via email with USSF ticketing and they said not to worry, all US supporters would be allowed and encouraged to be together regardless of which general admission section tickets they had.

Of course, that was during a different cycle and at a time when the USSF responded to traveling fan emails, which apparently they do not still do.

12. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All booked for this. Flying from Denver direct.

This is my first trip to the Azteca. Pretty excited.

13. jmnoles

jmnoles New Member

May 18, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just in case you missed it, AO responded to your facebook post: "It looks like we will have limited extra for others in Mexico."

14. lougaetjens

lougaetjens New Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Thanks! Yes, I did see that. I have received some positive email responses from some AO officials and I am a little more hopeful. They haven't guaranteed anything, but it seems like they might be working on something. I took a screenshot of the FB post and emailed it to them to see if they can give me some more info.

15. lougaetjens

lougaetjens New Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    And after I sent them that email, they edited their Facebook post to specify that they were talking about scarves...

16. valerian253

valerian253 New Member

Jan 29, 2013
    Venice, California
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Just went to the Ticketmaster.mx link and general sales are open…to those with a billing address in Mexico only! :-(

17. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Your post prompted me to try the ticket buying process, and you are correct. Earlier in the week, from curiosity, I tried the Banamex presale option and there was an option for will call (MX $35) for buyers from outside of Mexico. Hopefully, the restriction to buyers with a Mexican billing address is temporary and, after a few days, international buyers will also have access to tickets.

As I've already written, I bought two tickets in 2009 from Ticketmaster Mexico with a US billing address and US credit card and picked them up at will call from a retail location in DF.

18. Garguy

Garguy New Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    US Soccer Supporters Club burned me so I deciphered a way to purchase tickets via Ticketmaster Mexico today. If you want to go to Mexico I am willing to sell them and can forward the Ticketmaster confirmation as proof. Yes, gents, good old American ingenuity wins. 16 General Admission Tickets... and 8 Tickets Rows 10 & 11 in a corner section.

19. tranmerekev

tranmerekev New Member

May 24, 2010
    Club:
    Tranmere Rovers FC
    I'm a neutral. Me and a friend travel all over the world to watch football, and our next trip is Estadio Azteca, and if you're going to go to a big stadium, you might as well go to the biggest game, so we've chosen Mexico v USA.

I've tried the Ticketmaster.mx site, and have had no joy, as I have a UK address, so I would welcome any idea how to purchase tickets, preferably in the Mexican sections of the stadium.

20. Garguy

Garguy New Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, these seats are definitely in the Mexican section along with 106,500 other Mexicans. For some reason I can purchase seats but no one else outside Mexico is able to... so maybe I can help you and everyone else reading this string. Does 1st row at Azteca in the corner interest you? 10th row? General Admission?

21. tranmerekev

tranmerekev New Member

May 24, 2010
    Club:
    Tranmere Rovers FC
    It does interest me, but I'm wary of buying from a complete stranger on the internet, so would prefer to find out how to purchase tickets from outside Mexico.

22. jordan schindler

jordan schindler New Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    It interests me! How much you want for two general admission tix??

23. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Please share your technique so that other readers outside Mexico can also purchase tickets.

24. Garguy

Garguy New Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You need to be Mexican to order tickets, that's my technique. No secrets. If it were that easy to order them from outside Mexico everyone would do it. To all... my intentions are good for US Supporters to buy these tickets so please don't hang me in the thread. Just trying to help out those who don't live in Mexico and can't get tickets through USSF. I did not intend to be coy or misleading. If you remain interested please start a conversation and we can discuss it privately. Thank you.

25. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYI, I'd recommend wearing a green shirt or Mexican kit if you look Northern European. I knew of a couple Kiwis who went to the game and nothing serious happened but they got harassed a bit.