Travel/Tickets: USA versus Jamaica in Kingston 9/7/2012

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by GOREVS3000, Nov 21, 2011.

1. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    what he said

2. PCFC

PCFC Member

May 13, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Newry City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So the AO package is $900....:eek: (not including air)

3. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering its an all inclusive resort that sounds reasonable. $300 a night for food, room and booze. I could drink that in a night. The hotel itself lists the room rates at $230 a night before tax.

4. MakingNews

MakingNews Member

Jul 8, 2003
    Detroit, MI
    Yeah, but the AO cost is per person based on double occupancy. Traveling with a buddy you could book a room at this resort right now for $400 a piece for the same days. Obviously, you'd have to figure out how to get to and from the game. But with the $500 each you and your friend are saving, i'll bet you could find a way.

I love that AO is putting these trips. I'm already booked for the World Cup. But this one seems a little pricey. That said, I might still do it.

5. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh yeah I missed the double occupancy part.

6. PCFC

PCFC Member

May 13, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Newry City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can get a bunch of 5-star resorts in Montego Bay for $170 a night (exclusively 5-star, nothing lower). That totals $510 ($255/person). You have $645 to travel to Kingston.

Not hating on AO, but I can spend a week in Europe for $900 (including air).

7. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do share where you buy your plane tickets. :)

8. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, we were looking at spending $687 per person for five nights at the Ibeostar & transportation to & from the airport. I asked AO & they said that WE can buy tickets through them, but transportation to and from the game is only available through there package. Its still cheaper to book on your own, but I'll be buying the game ticket through them.
    & how's the flight situations going?

9. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For flights the best I've seen (from Chicago) is 450 to Montego and 500 to Kingston

Not sure if that was a general question or one specifically for pcfc

10. PCFC

PCFC Member

May 13, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Newry City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im flying for about $360 RT to Jamaica. Don't know where I'm going to stay though. Still organizing with other supporters.

In regards to the previous message, I wrote some response that didn't post. Essentially, I went to London for 6 nights through my college for about $900...probably came out to around $1100 final. Looking now, I found vacation packages for around the same...at good hotels (the regular travel sites). Though I really need just a bed (i.e. hostel).

Where are you flying out of where it's $500?

11. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Best I've seen from Chicago is $500 to Kingston. I'm more interested in how you're getting to Europe so cheap since I'm looking at $1300 to Ukraine in June

12. PCFC

PCFC Member

May 13, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Newry City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah Im flying out of NYC.

I've never been to Ukraine, so I don't know but I just try to do specials and packages. Fly to somewhere cheap and ryanair-esqe flight or rail from there. I've never flew specifically for one place.

13. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was just a general. For some reason, Phoenix and Tucson don't have any 'skymile' flights (Delta & AA) to Montego Bay. Price wise, its $550 roundtrip from Phoenix, $787 from Tucson.

Same. For the US Soccer vs. France game, I ended up spending just over $1,000 (skymiles for airfare.) Mind you, Paris is not the cheapest place to DRINK, Eat, or Sleep, and I was there for 4 nights.
    The only issue I have with the AO deal (other than the price) is its only 3 nights.

14. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm likely doing air miles for this one (American). Last I checked they were still available but it's first class 60k or so I believe.

15. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    AA has flights from NYC for around $350-$400 RT. ill book one of those eventually

16. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IS anyone else waiting on the announcement for the US based game to book their plans?

17. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just realized that this is for Kingston and not for Montego Bay. SO you might have more problems that way.

18. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Yes. As the trips will line up back to back. Depending on home location i may stay down there and watch the "home" game while still in jamaica. Would be a good bar scene for sure. Again, all determined once we announce our home locale.

19. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    im not buying tickets yet but i will have to work on the 10th so i expect NYC-KIN-NYC and then deciding if i go for the home match. i prefer the away matches usually if i have to choose

20. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I had a real annoying time fitting in the Tampa location. Hopefully they make it a bit more convenient for me this go around. :)

I agree. Away matches are a bit more fun, but if I'm already taking the week off (Thursday-Wednesday) I figure I might as well get both in.

21. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fun.

22. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be using HHonors Points for this one.

23. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey does anybody have any firm plans for arranging transportation between Montego Bay and the game. Outside of the AO package that is, sorry can't afford an $1800 trip. I've found some great rates in Montego Bay but the only way I've found to get to Kingston is by air. As it is I'm thinking of staying in Kingston but I'm not sure what there is to do there for three days?

24. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would be $330 roundtrip for a private car/transport. So between 4 people, it would be $83 each. 4 hours each way.

25. I haven't heard terrific things about safety in Jamaica, not like Bahamas at all.

Any truth to that?