Travel/Tickets: USA versus Guatemala in Guatemala City 6/12/2012

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by GOREVS3000, Nov 21, 2011.

1. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK. I have ties in Guatemala and get tickets through friends there.

I should know soon how much they go for. Perhaps people can PayPal me for tickets?

2. doogiemo

doogiemo Member

Aug 11, 2005
    ohh USA, USA USA USA
    Same here, they'll tell me the second they go on sale...

I suggest everybody create a todoticket.com account just in case this is the outlet

3. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gorevs I'll PayPal you or if you'll be I'm Tampa I'd give you mcash there. I'd volunteer to help but I don't speak Spanish so I'd be fairly useless.

4. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    that sounds good to me...

5. deedougie

deedougie Member

Jul 5, 2000
    OAK,CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From my experience in 2008 you need to make sure that the driver will go and pick the USA fans back up after the match. We had a mini-bus organized that took us to the game from the Intercontinental Hotel that day. They dropped us off a few blocks from the stadium and before the game there is nothing to worry about. The Guatemala fans will drink with you, talk smack, and have fun.

Now after the game, especially if the USA wins again, it can be a very different environment. After the game the police surrounded us and separated us from the Gua fans who were throwing whatever they could at us and threatening us. The police ended up clearing the stadium and having the USA fans go onto the field while we waited for our ride (which was pretty damn awesome). The bus driver did not want to come back and pick us up so we were stuck. Eventually we ended up in a policed off area where the US men's bus was (DeMarcus Beasley got off the bus and hung out and signed autographs). One of the USA fans talked to US Soccer and they got the press bus to give us a ride back to the Intercontinental hotel after they dropped off the press people so we were able to get back safely.

Once your back in that area you won't have any problems.

I'll be there and can't wait!

6. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

I have been on the verge of buying my flight a few times, but always hold back due to the GF not being able to go. What to do!

7. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Buy your flight. You'll get tickets and we can use all the guys we can get.

8. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    buy your plane tickets. 'nuff said.

9. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.

10. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

If I purchase a ticket, I was hoping to make the Honduras / Panama game on June 8th, is anyone making that game? I don't have any experience being in Honduras, and I don't know how traveling alone would be.

11. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From what my cousin tells me (he worked in honduras). It's not Honduras you need worry about. He suggested flying though if the game is in Tegucigalpa and you aren't stopping at anything on the way, just because it's quicker and not that pricey.

12. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    wixson7 repped this.
  13. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Good find Eddie. Great news to all here, i'm 100% confident this answers most all our questions (huge piece of mind for me).

http://fedefutix.com/#!/recomendaciones

- this is the ticketing process the Guate Fed will use for the US/Guate game. Browse through this site, it's for the upcoming Guate/Costa Rica friendly (the national teams, with the under-20's playing a game before that). This is exactly how they will run the ticketing for our game.

- 2 ways to buy: kiosks in guatemala (point of sale). Or online through www.todoticket.com Once you buy them online you can pick them up at the kiosks when you get into Guatemala. The best kiosk for most of us will be at the Kiosk Todoticket Obelisk Square - 16 Street 1-01 Zone 10. It's in the 'zona viva' near all the hotels/clubs. http://www.todoticket.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6&Itemid=7

- max # of tickets is 5, you'll need the ID that you used online to pick them up at the kiosk.

- Pricing for the friendly (assuming it will be somewhat similar for US game). $4-$40 range. I assume we'll be in the Tribuna section ($30) based on previous comments above, but i don't have any facts on that.

- Unknown: will they have an Away Supporters selection available during the online purchasing?

- Tickets for the friendly just went onsale, it's forcing to setup a id/password (we should all setup an account). I'm working through that now (google translator not working as well as i would like).

I'll stop here, let everyone digest. Thoughts? Relief? All good?

Summary: this is the process, it looks very official and organized.

My favorite part: Machine guns are not allowed in the stadium.

14. doogiemo

doogiemo Member

Aug 11, 2005
    ohh USA, USA USA USA
    Great info!! thanks! did you actually got confirmation from the Guate fed that this is how they'll run tix for our match?

My todoticket account is set and if anyone needs help creating one, PM and I'll gladly help :)

Last cycle I'm pretty sure the supporter's were sitting on Tribuna south but I don't have any issues shelling out the extra $10 for Palco. You'll be a little bit more boxed in sitting in Palco than Tribuna and a big buffer zone between Palco and General which are the cheap tix and normally where stuff is thrown at us from but either way we should come up with a plan on where to buy just in case there is no "supporter's section" option with todoticket.

What do you guys think?

15. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Couple things.. here's the seating chart from todoticket for the Guate/CR game next week: the only selection options are for each of the 4 zones, with no seat/row/section options within that. (reminds me of WC tix).
    todoticket_ventas.img.jpg

From the picture below, it does show previous games with away supporters in the Tribuna south (though north/south isn't an option online). It's the blocked off section in the top right of the picture. Can anyone that went in 2008 confirm that section looks like where they had you guys sit?

MateoFlores.jpg

My confirmation from the Guate Fed was this from last week:

"Dear.....,
    Thanks for your communication, the first days of june, we will begin to sale tickets for this 12th june match, through www.todoticket.com , so you can get your tickets this way.
    So long,
    Renato Durán
    FEDEFUTGUATE"

I'm sure we'll get more info trickling in over the next week or so, but my vote is to purchase the Tribuna section and then just go from there.

doogiemo repped this.
  16. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I attended in both 2005 and 2008. That picture is correct. The tickets we purchased from US Soccer were Tribuna tickets. Basically, it is general admission within the section of the type of ticket you have. We sat at midfield with our Guatemalan friends below the Palco in 2005 and started off in the away supporters section in 2008 until security moved the section one over towards the end zone and we stayed put so we were in the section next to the US supporters section.

This weekend, I asked US Soccer for ticket information, and their e-mail reply indicated that the Guatemalan Fed said tickets would be available on todoticket.com in early June.

Finally, I think that the seating map from todoticket has South and North reversed. I'm almost positive that the Palco and Tribuna side is the westside and that the away supporters section is the northwest corner. The satellite view from Google Maps confirms this.

17. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Good stuff for confirming/correcting. Sounds like pieces coming together. Maybe i can finally lay off the travel planning crack for a week until first of June.........but i do love this stuff.

18. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I gotta believe they will put us in our own section. Right? It's GA?

19. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definitely want to sit with other USA fans.

20. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We need to all pick a section to buy in. Or if everyone can PayPal gorevs or whatever and he can buy group tickets.

21. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    everyone should buy in the same area and yes, they will give us our own section for security and convenience.

tribuna sur is the place to be

22. doogiemo

doogiemo Member

Aug 11, 2005
    ohh USA, USA USA USA
    So unless anybody has any other ideas... we should all buy TRIBUNA tickets to ensure we have a better chance of standing together :)

Sounds like a plan?

23. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Tribuna it is.....

24. AOClosson

AOClosson New Member

May 30, 2012
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I need a ticket to USMNT vs Guatemala on 6/12/12. I will be in Tampa for match on 6/8/12 and have a paypal account if that is required. I arrive in Guatemala on 6/10/12. Staying at Posada Belen Museo Inn. Can anyone help me get ticket?

25. AOClosson

AOClosson New Member

May 30, 2012
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    GOREVS: I can paypal you if you can get tickets. I also have some friends whose families are in Guatemala City, if that helps.