Travel/Tickets: USA-South Korea in LA - 2/1/14

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by wixson7, Dec 2, 2013.

1. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Game report please.. Pregame..etc?

Looked good on tv (AO section) , but midfield looked 75% empty for the first half. That sun glare looked brutal, but sounded good on tv.

2. silicus

silicus Member

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Feb 26, 2008
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There were a lot of people that didn't want to sit in the sun and instead stood up in the shade or stood and watched along the viewing areas that are in the corners of the stadium. Perhaps other seats were bought up by scalpers who couldn't unload them. People also grossly underestimate how much traffic there is and time it takes to get to a game at the Stub Hub Center. Also concessions are reeeeal slow!

3. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It started to get full by halftime. A couple of people I talked to said they didn't get to their seats until the 25th-30th minute. Pleasantly surprised by the pro-US crowd, probably looked liked 70/30.

silicus repped this.
  4. silicus

silicus Member

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Feb 26, 2008
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, was nice to see a pro-US crowd, finally a home game in L.A.!

5. donovan2dempsey

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    The supporters section looked great on TV. Nice job guys!

6. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    At kick-off time traffic was backed-up down Avalon for a couple of miles so I'm not surprised that sections of the stadium looked empty for the first half.

One thing that disappointed me was the US Soccer merchandise for sale. I was soooo ready to waste 20-30 dollars on a t-shirt but all I saw was a bunch of stuff with "Just Do It" in giant letters and a puny us soccer crest. F Nike.

7. ChapacoSoccer

ChapacoSoccer Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    SUM really messed up the organization and traffic control, people sat at the freeway exit for an hour or more. Galaxy handles games far better. Come on SUM, get your act together.