Travel/Tickets: USA @ Scotland in Glasgow 11/15/2013

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Real Corona, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How does one go about getting tickets to away friendlies? My best friend is in Scotland at graduate school. I assume US Soccer would sell at least a handful? Or maybe American Outlaws or one/some of the supporters groups?

3. Moejangles

Moejangles Member

Aug 7, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Same question here, I wanna head up to Glasgow from London for the game. I am a member of AO but don't wanna pay their crazy prices for a package

4. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I doubt AO is going to do a package for this game. I'd check the Scottish FA site for ticket information.

5. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am an American living in London. The family is planning to go and I am trying to see if I can get some other ex-pats to go up.

If you are interested, let me know ASAP -- I want to gage interest.

As for tickets, when the USWNT was playing England before the 2011 WWC, I just got them for a group through the FA.

6. ajretz

ajretz New Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Indiana
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I booked my flight to Europe for the game. Will likely get into Glasgow Thursday night. Let me know what needs to be done to get a ticket with US fans.

Cheers,
    Andrew

7. HeadHunter

HeadHunter Member

May 28, 2003
    I will take the Friday off and take the train up for the game and the weekend. Heck if I can go to Sarajevo and Bratislava for games I can go to Glasgow. Anyone interested in taking the train up together from London shoot me a message.

8. Moejangles

Moejangles Member

Aug 7, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If anyone gets any ticket news if you could let me know. I am studying in London, and plan on taking a train on Friday to Glasgow for the game.

9. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I spoke with the Scottish FA on Friday. They will let me know when tickets are available.

10. Coco_AMS

Coco_AMS New Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    For anyone interested, a few expats including myself, across Amsterdam/London are starting an AO Europe. We will definitely be booking tickets to Glasgow, and plan to setup a pre-game meetup at a pub with more info.

If you want to get involved let me know as we are just building our team now. theamericanoutlawseurope@gmail.com

Would love for US fans around the world to join.

https://www.facebook.com/theamericanoutlawseurope

wixson7 repped this.
  11. PhillyandBCEagles

Jul 9, 2012
    NC
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    So tempted, but not gonna be able to swing it.

FWIW for other US-based fans, I did look up airfares and flying from Raleigh, it's only $24 more round-trip to fly all the way to Glasgow instead of flying to London.

12. Moejangles

Moejangles Member

Aug 7, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    no ticket news?

13. colgate13

colgate13 Member

Feb 24, 2007
    I'm an American who has lived in Glasgow for several years.

The SFA has announced the details of their tickets sales. The public sale starts on 22 October.
    http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2986&newsID=12594&newsCategoryID=1

As far as I know, there is an away section, but US Soccer has not announced the details yet. Personally, I have bought tickets from the SFA for matches at Hampden before. If the US makes buying tickets for the away section too complicated, I plan just to sit in the home section with my Scottish friends.

wixson7 repped this.
  14. colgate13

colgate13 Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Wow, my tartan avatar looks terrible now. Did this site change something? I thought it looked ok in the past.

15. Moejangles

Moejangles Member

Aug 7, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I am looking to get tickets in the US Section if possible

16. colgate13

colgate13 Member

Feb 24, 2007
    I have read on another site that tickets are now on sale via the US supporters' club website. I am not a member so I have not tried buying yet.

www.ussoccer.com/supporters

17. Moejangles

Moejangles Member

Aug 7, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I contacted the Scottish FA and they told me, barring monumental sales, I can call on Tuesday and purchase tickets as close to the US supporters section as they have available for the ten of us traveling from London. Probably what I will do

18. Moejangles

Moejangles Member

Aug 7, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Praise the lord, AO has tickets. Gonna be headed to Glasgow from London Friday morning. Who is headed to this one?

19. Moejangles

Moejangles Member

Aug 7, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    People staying where?

20. colgate13

colgate13 Member

Feb 24, 2007
    #20 colgate13, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
    I live in Glasgow, but anywhere in the city centre north of the river is fine. If you are within walking distance of Central or Queen St Stations, you should be ok. The team may be staying at the Hilton.

If people are looking for a decent reasonably priced hotel, this Premier Inn is ok:
    http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/GLASTA/glasgow-city-centre-buchanan-galleries

The merchant city has a bunch of nice restaurants and bars. Staying near it wouldn't be bad.

21. HeadHunter

HeadHunter Member

May 28, 2003
    Just bought my ticket from US soccer. Anyone have any idea has to how long their overseas delivery takes?

22. Coco_AMS

Coco_AMS New Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    For anyone traveling to Glasgow... we have a pub reserved all afternoon before the match, and all (USA) supporters are welcome. Also a two minute walk to Hampden Park, free entry. Fb event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/611669345557042/

23. EmpireBuilders

EmpireBuilders New Member

Nov 11, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I am an American visiting family in London with my wife. We caught theTottenham game Sunday and didn't realize until just now that we might have a chance to see USA - Scotland because we are staying in Edinburgh Thursday through Sunday. Any advice on last minute tickets?

24. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Just go to the US pregame bar and then anywhere around the stadium, there will be tons of tickets available. Super jealous of you. Too bad spurs lost, white hart lane is the best when they are playing well.

25. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Thanks for doing this, hope theres a good turnout, thanks for representing and organizing.