Travel/Tickets: USA-Nigeria in Jacksonville- 6/7/14

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by CAllen91, Mar 12, 2014.

?

Do you think 1, both, or neither new scoreboard will be installed for the match?

1. Neither

11.1%
  2. One

33.3%
  3. Both

55.6%
  1. CAllen91

CAllen91 Member

Atlanta United
    Oct 23, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The World Cup 2014 Send Off Match! Everbank Field - 6.7.14 - 6:00pm EST
    United States Men National Team vs. Nigeria
    Will you be attending? Are you bringing a friend(s)? Will we be in form yet? Will the new scoreboards and swimming pools be installed yet? What's the over/under on the match selling out? Will the team be playing as one unit? Who's going to be the breakout player headed into Brazil? Should we have night before activities downtown or by the beach? [One of the more important questions ;) ]

2. bigworm

bigworm Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone remember when the parking lots opened for the Scotland friendly? I was there, but only a couple hours early. I know in years past when I've been to the Cocktail Party, we got to the stadium at 9 AM for a 7 PM kick and the lots were open.

3. Bisquick_in_da_MGM

Jul 26, 2013
    Club:
    Atlanta
    I'm thinking about going to the game. What would be some good hotels to stay at that are close to the game and tailgate spots? Thanks.

4. FLRef

FLRef Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Florida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #4 FLRef, Mar 19, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
    There's a ferry (http://www.jacksonvillewatertaxi.com) that goes from near the stadium to an area with some hotels across the river (Wyndham, Crowne Plaza, etc). Looks like those are going in the ~$85-100 range. Only problem is none of the downtown hotels appear to have an airport shuttle.

5. Bisquick_in_da_MGM

Jul 26, 2013
    Club:
    Atlanta
    I'm going to be driving to Jax.

6. Bisquick_in_da_MGM

Jul 26, 2013
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Also, I'd like to go to the AO pre-game and all those things. So, I don't want to drive. I'll be drinking. How is taxi service in Jax?

7. CAllen91

CAllen91 Member

Atlanta United
    Oct 23, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its alright. Taxi fares are high around here and I think in Jax too. I want. Say it cost me $20 to get from the Arena to the Omni when I saw Maroon 5 there last year.

Hopefully they won't have the night before at the AO Jax Bar cuz its on the beach. Don't get me wrong, great bar and great beach but its hella far from Downtown, the stadium, and most of the hotels.

8. CBlake

CBlake Member

May 20, 2007
    North of somewhere
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe from what I have been told is that both the AO night before party and hotel will be out at the beach. I myself is staying at the Crown Plaza on the river front across from the stadium. I got it for $85 a night on Expedia. You can take the ferry for $3 from the stop just outside the hotel across to the stadium.

I also figure that there will likely also be an open training session at the stadium on the Friday, maybe Thursday, so decided to stay close by.

9. CBlake

CBlake Member

May 20, 2007
    North of somewhere
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uber is now available in Jacksonville and you get a $20 credit to use for your first ride when you sign up.

10. Bisquick_in_da_MGM

Jul 26, 2013
    Club:
    Atlanta
    I got a room at the Wyndham for $65.00 a night. I know that tickets don't go on sale until the in don't want to sit in the endzone. Are sideline seats good? Also, this is going to be my first USMNT game. What all can I expect?

11. CAllen91

CAllen91 Member

Atlanta United
    Oct 23, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CBlake you seem onto have good info. The AO Hotel is the Fairfield Inn at Jax Beach. Didn't know Uber was in Max now. Will have to take advantage of that one.

Bisquick -Sideline usually have better sightlines than behind the goals. It'll depend on where your seats are and whos sitting around you. My first match was the GoldCup vs Panama in Tampa and I had midfield seats at the top of the section so I could see everything. Most people stand but every now and then you'll get a wet blanket.

12. CBlake

CBlake Member

May 20, 2007
    North of somewhere
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had heard about the hotel location a while back, I figure more than a couple people will stay down on the riverfront near the stadium, so we can group up and take a taxi to and from the AO party. I already have the uber app on my phone.

13. Bisquick_in_da_MGM

Jul 26, 2013
    Club:
    Atlanta
  14. CBlake

CBlake Member

May 20, 2007
    North of somewhere
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is a taxi/limo dispatch app., available in a number of cities, including now Jacksonville.

https://www.uber.com/

15. CBlake

CBlake Member

May 20, 2007
    North of somewhere
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am really hoping for a sellout. This game has been positioned to really push for a sellout with the pricing. It ranges from $30 for end lines all the way to $350 with a lot under $50. It will be one great celebration of patriotic pride.

16. Billy South Philly

Jan 28, 2013
    Newtown Square, PA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am booked at the Wyndham Riverfront. The water taxi access outside of the hotel is the selling point:thumbsup:. Now, I am lining up for the Visa presale on March 27. I will be doing some research on which side of the stadium faces the sun because it will be HOT at 6pm. I am so pumped for this game.

17. Bisquick_in_da_MGM

Jul 26, 2013
    Club:
    Atlanta
    I'm staying at the Wyndham too. Can you post as soon as you find out what is going to be the best side to sit on? What kind of merchandise do they sale at the game? Is there one type is souvenir to get that is the best? I'm going to buy tickets on Friday. Do you think the game will sell out?

18. Billy South Philly

Jan 28, 2013
    Newtown Square, PA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the tickets will move briskly, but won't sell out right away. I think we will have a nice crowd considering the opponent is Nigeria. I am sure they will have US Soccer kiosks selling team gear situated around the stadium. If you have a Visa credit card, you can buy tickets on Thursday at 10am (part of the Visa promotion)

19. MBloom

MBloom Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    Jacksonville United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The last USMNT game in Jacksonville against Scotland sold over 45,000 which shocked everyone and is why Jax got the game over Orlando or Tampa. With ESPN pimping their World Cup coverage and this being the last game before leaving for Brazil I think the game will eventually sell out but it will not be a fast sell out. Special pre-sale tickets start on Monday or Tuesday and if there is a special code needed I'll try to post it here. I can't wait for this one.

Billy South Philly repped this.
  20. MBloom

MBloom Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    Jacksonville United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you want to buy tickets before the general public sale on Friday, go to:
    http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/22004C65EB56966D

Pick number of tickets, click on the ticket type/promotion link and use pw COAST.

I don't think this will sell out quickly but it is a nice way to make sure you get good seats. This promotion starts Tuesday 3/25 at 10:00AM EST.

Billy South Philly and CAllen91 repped this.
  21. Billy South Philly

Jan 28, 2013
    Newtown Square, PA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are the man! I just ordered the tix. I got section 209 Mezzanine Club Level. I like to be close, but at a perch.

22. MBloom

MBloom Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    Jacksonville United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad it worked for you. I really wanted to order on field, but the $350 price...... ouch!

23. Billy South Philly

Jan 28, 2013
    Newtown Square, PA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, that was a little too steep, plus you'll be facing west which is a bad idea during 6pm in summertime Florida. I am not sure how much the West Stand will block out the sun, but didn't feel like risking it.

24. Bisquick_in_da_MGM

Jul 26, 2013
    Club:
    Atlanta
    I just got my tickets thanks.