Travel/Tickets: USA/Azerbaijan in San Francisco - 5/27/14

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by donovan2dempsey, Mar 12, 2014.

1. donovan2dempsey

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Well, I figured the Niners game I went to last year would be the last time I ever went to at the 'Stick. I live in San Francisco, so I'm definitely looking forward to this one. Hopefully we get some ticket information soon.

2. CBlake

CBlake Member

May 20, 2007
    North of somewhere
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking forward to this being a complete sellout.

3. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    No way they sell out candlestick. Lower bowl is my guess.

4. CBlake

CBlake Member

May 20, 2007
    North of somewhere
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope to see it sellout, or at least get 50K, they are talking about a sellout in Jacksonville. We all know the game at RBA will be packed with only 25K seats to sell. This is the Sendoff series.

5. Billy South Philly

Jan 28, 2013
    Newtown Square, PA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. DIMITAR BERBATOV!

Aug 2, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am thinking about buying some tickets for this. I've never been to a USMNT game before. What are the chances that this sells out? How quickly should I expect that to happen, if at all? Just wondering how urgent I need to be about getting tickets.

7. Billy South Philly

Jan 28, 2013
    Newtown Square, PA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since it is Azerbaijan, I think you will be okay to get tickets. It might take some time to sell out. If this was a WC Qualifier, tickets would be moving hot and fast.

DIMITAR BERBATOV! repped this.
  8. CCSoccerFan

CCSoccerFan Member

May 2, 2009
    Just bought my ticket. Lower box, middle of the field, first row. Visa presale. Pricey, but I look at it as my contribution to the Men's team. See you all there!

9. Billy South Philly

Jan 28, 2013
    Newtown Square, PA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is awesome. Totally worth the arm and leg pricing because you are contributing to the US Soccer cause.

10. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    Just got my tix as well, $58 X 2. Lower east stands, kinda looks nearer to the goalside. This my first Candlestick experience but I'm fully prepared, thanks to all the horror stories I've heard.

11. donovan2dempsey

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    American Outlaws apparently had higher than anticipated demand for tickets, and US Soccer opened up additional sections for them. That's good to hear. I'm looking forward to the match!

12. CBlake

CBlake Member

May 20, 2007
    North of somewhere
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would not be surprised at all to see at least 50k attend, it is the Sendoff series for the World Cup, US has not played in the Bay Area for a while and it could really end up being the final major sporting event at Candlestick.

13. chris4usa

chris4usa Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone know if AO tickets are still available for this match and if so, what sections are they going to be in?

I have some family from the Bay Area that wants to go but can't stand for the whole match (one of them had recent knee surgery) but they still wanted to sit near me so I thought I would ask about the specific sections.

14. donovan2dempsey

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I was told that AO sections will be in the North endzone.

15. chris4usa

chris4usa Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Crap - I missed the deadline for AO tickets. I thought it was today. :unsure: :mad:
    Does anyone know if there would be a problem sitting with AO's if I got a ticket near them but not specifically in their section?

16. CBlake

CBlake Member

May 20, 2007
    North of somewhere
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That should not be a problem, slipping into AO sections has never been an issue in the past.

17. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    We will be in sections 36, 38, 40 and 42 in Candlestick Park vs. Azerbaijan. Sorry the AO section is sold out!

Ao twitter.

18. donovan2dempsey

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    4 sections? Nice!

19. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

If anyone has two extra AO tickets for sell, message me.

20. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    So has anyone in here done public transportation from San Jose to Candlestick before? It looks like parking is $25-30. Looking at Caltrain I'm seeing that for 2 round trip tickets it probably wouldn't save much money going that route.

21. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Public transportation to Candlestick is terrible. I don't even know if the main options that existed for 49ers games (special MUNI express buses from various locations in the City) are going to be in place for this game.

22. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    Yeah that's what I'm gathering from googling. I'm thinking that walking a mile (from the Bay Shore station) through a not so great neighborhood at night and paying almost as much for a train ticket as to park just might be the deal breakers. Kind of strange that for such a hippy-dippy city/region our public transportation between cities ain't nothing to write home about.

23. Socarchist

Socarchist Member+

Feb 21, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    The walk from the Stick to the Caltrain station is totally safe, no worries there. It is possible to find free street parking on the roads near Gilman if you arrive early and if the attendance is as bad as anticipated. No easy solutions, however, between freeway traffic/parking cost/congested exiting or slow Caltrain trip with not quite short walk.

SpencerNY repped this.