Transfers

Discussion in 'Portsmouth' started by julio1987, Jul 5, 2006.

1. julio1987

julio1987 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    New Jersey
    How true is that Portsmouth wants Farfan, the PSV striker?

2. Barton8

Barton8 New Member

Jun 19, 2006
    Club:
    Portsmouth FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes. Portsmouth are after the PSV striker.His price is 10 mil. We also tried to sign Stillian Petrov, midfield guru of celtic.
    Next year with improved players and the wisdom of Harry, i dont think pompey will be relegation candidates.

3. Crop Circles Maria

Aug 1, 2005
    Valencia, California
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Is the Farfan transfer official yet?
    Please forgive my ignorance, but is Portsmouth in the Premier?
    Thanks,
    Sandro

4. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    dear chairman, chief and coaching staff of portsmouth fc, keep your hands off farfan. please don't sign him

could somone forward this message to the above mentioned please?

5. Barton8

Barton8 New Member

Jun 19, 2006
    Club:
    Portsmouth FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Petrov just said he would love to Join Pompey. The FarFan Fee is reported to be around 7-10 million.
    Does anybody have any news on D'alessandro? Is he joining us or not?

6. Hunter R

Hunter R New Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Me, Myself and I
    Club:
    DC United
    Yes, we are still in the EPL (climbed out of the relegation zone last season thanks to Harry and the boys!)

As for Farfan, not official yet but it sounds like it might happen.

Apparently, Pompey is also going after Jimmie Floyd Hasselbaink

7. mrlibertine

mrlibertine New Member

Jul 7, 2006
    Yes, I'm sure that will stop Mr Redknapp and Mr Gaydamak from persuing there interest. Heh, we are in the market for world class players now with this new found wealth, otherwise how else are we going to win the league again?

8. Barton8

Barton8 New Member

Jun 19, 2006
    Club:
    Portsmouth FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We still need a prolific goalscorer. Jimmy can do that job. plus his wage is not a problem anymore;) .

9. julio1987

julio1987 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    New Jersey
    Sol Campbel left Arsenal, I heard that Portsmouth is interested in him, any word of possible signing?

10. mrlibertine

mrlibertine New Member

Jul 7, 2006
    Rumours have been around for the last month or so. I've heard that he will be joining for around £50,000 a week wages on a free transfer. Not too bad eh

11. andybart

andybart New Member

Aug 7, 2005
    canada.
    Farfan,Petrov and now Edu would not be a bad trio to add to Campbell.I would be happy with that little lot.

12. Barton8

Barton8 New Member

Jun 19, 2006
    Club:
    Portsmouth FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    EDU?:eek: from Valencia? Who used to play for the gooners?
    No thank you.

13. happy

happy Member

Nov 23, 2004
    How funny things changed

2 years ago Portsmouth sold their best sreiker for 7 million & now I see 7 million figure splashed out by the club as nothing

14. Barton8

Barton8 New Member

Jun 19, 2006
    Club:
    Portsmouth FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Damn! Farfan is staying at PSV and Sol has gone to turkey! Any word on D'alessandro yet?

15. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Word in Portugal is that Portsmouth are preparing to made a bid for the young(19), talented DM of Benfica, Manuel Fernandes. They are stating somewhere around the 15 million mark.

Personally I would be fustrated if he left Benfica. He is a very talented player. Has speed(Was faster thought before the surgery), very good ball handling, a very good long distance shot with EITHER foot, also good as passing. Is a tier above average on tackling...tackling is one of the areas that he needs to improve on.

Any news of this?

16. andybart

andybart New Member

Aug 7, 2005
    canada.
    There is a lot of rumours and as far as i can see no more than that about Manuel Fernandes,be nice if we got him but we will have to wait and see.
    D'allesandro has signed for zaragoza he is in our past now.

17. Barton8

Barton8 New Member

Jun 19, 2006
    Club:
    Portsmouth FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Damnit! I like him. He also liked Pompey and wanted to stay. Manuel Fernandes looks promising.

18. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005
    Its official, at least according to Portuguese newspapers...Manuel left Benfica for Portsmouth for 8 million pounds.

19. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Alright Portsmouth you have a new supporter of your club now.

20. andybart

andybart New Member

Aug 7, 2005
    canada.
    If he is anywhere as good as Pedro mendes is then he will be just fine by me.

21. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Personally, I believe Manuel Fernandes is as good as Pedro Mendes. He is alot better a dribbling the ball, his combination of skill and strength is beautiful thing to watch, does not go down easily at all. He is better at passing then Pedro Mendes, he often slices wire thin passes threw multiple defenders. His shooting is on par with Pedro Mendes if not better, he is also equally able with both his right foot and left foot(Check video). His defense is his worst problem, as is tackling, although towards the end of the season and during the U-21 he looked to be getting better in that department. With that said Pedro Mendes is better then him on defense.

Here is a taste of him:

Compilation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGYRex8XYaY&search=Manuel Fernandes

19 second moment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36Cc-SGLlFY&search=Manuel Fernandes

22. arminho09

arminho09 New Member

Jul 16, 2006
    USA
  23. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005
    Just remember that if he is a great player then he is a great player, even if he kicks England out of the world cup in 2010.:D

24. arminho09

arminho09 New Member

Jul 16, 2006
    USA
    i wouldent care :) i am not a big supporter of the England national team

25. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Of course your not, you have a Portuguese posting name!