Transfers & Rumors ** Walter al timone **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Vulpinous, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Get back on track...

Roma found an agreement with Brescia to loan them Caprari but it seems the boy is refusing.

2. Oban14

Oban14 Member+

Jul 5, 2006
    Illinois
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    In a fairness was this because of Prade signings or because of the weakening of Seria A due to Calciopoli? you also have to factor in how immense Totti was during that span and what a wonderful job Spalletti did building a team stronger than the sum of its parts. I think Prade has done an amazing job since leaving Roma. I think we can all agree that Sabatini can find real gems, but he couldn't build a team his first few years at Roma. He seems to be doing better building a team without Baldini, but I am not sure that I am ready to make the jump that Baldini was holding Sabatini back. We really need another few mercatos to decide.

Edit - lets get back to discussing transfers and rumors lol

3. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The span between 06 - 11, Serie A won 2 CL titles and had higher european ranking. Now italian teams cant win CL, and have lower ranking.Serie A is worse now then before, opening room for nobodies like napoli to do results..then you have their guys boast about it like its sthg.

Baldini with capello build us the 03 - 04t eam..my favorite one of those who missed to win lo scudetto.
    You cannot say the guy who sign mother********ing makinwa for lazio, that baldini a winner is hoding him back

4. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Well the entire argument seemed to be rather superficial to begin with, and the response was aimed at mimicking that. If you fault a guy who won a tripple because the cycle ended, then you get an equally shallow response.

If we are to do an examination of Prade and Sabatini there are a lot of factors to consider, and certainly the things you mention have a bearing on Prade's job at Roma.

As for Sabatini well see, right now I just see some flashy names. We still have holes and we have a team that isn't really well suited to the coaches preferred formation. But the market is on going so we will judge all this at the end of the summer.

And I don't think Baldini in anyway held back Sabatini. Sabatini and Sabatini alone has been handling the market. He's done the good and he's done the bad.

5. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma

Highest finish for Lazio in the last 10 years: 3rd in 2006-2007 ; Sabatini was the DS.

Highest finish for Palermo since promoted back: 5th (2 points away from CL) in 2009-2010; Sabatini was the DS.

Just giving you some facts.

6. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    He's lucky to still be in a job. The clearest example of this is how he decided to go about building a defence for 2 years running with players that a blind man could see how they move like slugs. He finds some nice talents, others like Lamela he did well to get here but should not be responsible for putting a winning side together given what he has shown us

Goduerza and DDR repped this.
  7. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma

I love how you find excuses for Marotta, Branca and co.. because hey no one is perfect. Marrotta's success has nothing to do with a professional management that sits behind him, a stadium and CL money that allows him to splash endless money. Brnca's sucess has nothing to do with calciopoli and his triple has nothing to do with the 90 millions he spent that summer to bring literally half a squad to inter starting eleven. Galliani's succes has nothing to do with Berlusconi's endless fortune and power. The fact that Milan still has the highest payroll in the league speaks for itself. Every single one of them did deals way worse than Sabatini.. but why should we fault them they won and no one is perfect. Oh what a sweet convincing argument.

While in Sabatini's case it is all his fault. His shortcomings has nothing with the fact that your hero Prade inherited him an ageing overpaid squad and crippled him with dump deals and long contracts such as Borriello, Julio Sergio, Taddei among others. His shortcomings has nothing with the fact that he had to replace a whole squad (except for 4 players) in just two summers yet making a younger more talented AND less paid squad, using barely 60 mil or so.

No the argument is not stupid. What stupid and superficial is gauging everything based on winning while ignoring the big picture. What stupid is having to discuss and try to prove that Rosella and Prade were in fact worse than what we have now.

..just go on with your daily dose of whining. And I will be here to tell you I told you so when you jump on the bandwagon once this project start winning soon. You have my word.

8. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Like everyday life and jobs people have their limits. A manager of a small company of say 50 people might be brilliant at his job, move him up to a large company of hundreds and he struggles to handle the pressure. A footballer at the lower levels, you think he would easily fit, bring him up and he might struggle.

The chain smoker, good at his job at provisional clubs, feeder clubs with little pressure, brings his same ideas into Roma....It doesnt work . But it does fit into the Americans business model of making some profits if we qualified for Europe which he has not achieved, even Europa league which is a joke and the reason he is lucky to be in a job. If he had of even managed that, its possible Marcos for example would not have been sold and we could still have added some nice talents such as Strootman. And all of a sudden, things are looking from meh to exciting...He failed and should have been shown the door

Henchag repped this.
  9. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Ssometimes I swear this shit on here turns worse than yanks abroad.

Its like dude comparing cocks.

whill4 and Giallorossi_10 repped this.
  10. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Not to pick sides on this argument, but is it really fair to try and compare us with Juve in this context, considering the usual size of their transfer budget and willingness to throw big money around?

I also think our success post-calciopoli could be attributed more to Spalletti's brilliance as a coach and Totti's brilliance as a player than Prade's ability to bring in good talent. The name of Simone Loria still haunts me till this day.

11. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Anyone in a working environment has highs and lows. Lorna haunts us all, but consider also a lot of the good he did with limited funds. He brought Pizarro, which was the crucial element to Spalletti's 4-2-3-1. He saw the transition from a Mexes - Chivu partnership to a Mexes - Juan. He secured Vucinic for a post Mancini Roma. He even managed to accommodate Spalletti at times on direct requests. Menez if I recall correctly was asked for directly by Luciano. Sure he had some very bad dealings, no one is denying that. But that squad had cohesion and also maintained that cohesion over multiple seasons with several key pieces being replaced.

12. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Slow news days ... De Sanctis wants Lobont to give up the number one kit

13. tmontana52

tmontana52 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Philly- the 215
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Guess Morgan thinks he will be here for the long haul. I personally think he will only be here 2, maybe 3 years

14. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    well his contact is only 2 years so 2 is a good guess.

15. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    He signed a two year contract

16. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Carlo Zampa on the radio right now and doesn't seem to be the biggest fan of Osvaldo. I had expected him to steer the other way.

17. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Fulham have bid 12m € for Roma's Osvaldo. Roma requesting 17m € according to sky italia