Transfers & Rumors ** Walter al timone **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Vulpinous, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Easily it's full of French people.

Zephyrus repped this.
  2. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Paris is a great city but there is one thing I don't like about that place. There many people in the streets who literally grab you by your arm and try to sell you things.

3. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    If we bought Ibra we wouldn't need Messi and Ronaldo, but I see what you tried to do there.

Says who, he's run out of teams in Italy. Also if Roma could afford him then they could afford the players to attract him to the team. Saying he wouldn't come here is wrong, in the hypothetical, yes he would come especially since he wants to be in Italy.

The strategy that has brought us so much success in these two years?

4. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    At this point I think he doesnt care anymore.

5. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everybody wants to go to Heaven but nobody wants to die. Building a cohesive team takes time. You can't just stick 11 talented players on the pitch and expect it to work. I seem to be the only one who remembers the summer prior to the new owners. We signed Guberti on a free and that was our only activity the whole summer. People don't appreciate how bad it was. We were being run into administration. Now we have a new squad with promising young players and people still aren't happy.

I am patient because I don't expect everything to go perfectly right away. The expectations for Roma are enormous when they aren't really warranted. Roma has won the Scudetto only three times in its entire history. We were regulars in the CL due to the calciopoli scandal. This isn't a traditional powerhouse team - but it could be. And that is what I am expecting. A foundation that is will propel the club into the 21st century. That includes building up the marketing and endorsements, building the stadium and investing in youth.

Instead of fans being excited about the possibilities, they act like spoiled children. Nobody has any perspective. We aren't like Man City or PSG and instead of accepting it and moving on, we get constant whining and complaining. Fans delude themselves with their own lofty expectations and then get discouraged when those expectations don't reach their high standards.

Whether it is this thread, where fans think we can swap Osvaldo + cash for Jovetic and sign Ibra or in the business thread where people lack basic business acumen - people lack reasonableness. And I understand that this is just a fan forum, but I want Roma to succeed and will try to inject some reason where it is warranted.

6. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Most likely mugged you at the same time and maybe sell your items back to you :p

7. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The way the club has been going the youth they invested in will want out very shortly. This squad is short of a few champion players or players ready to become champions, in order to make that final step they need to invest in those now or we slowly die again as the Lamela's Pjanics reach their potential and decide Roma has not developed along with them

8. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nobody really gives a rats ass about PSG most of Paris.

Probably half the city doesnt know who he is and probably gives him no time of day.

9. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    In my opinion you are too much an idealist, there is no team anywhere in Europe that has won anything of substance building up youngsters. Perhaps Barcelona but there are so many other dynamics at play that it's not relevant. It's an empty promise. It's not going to happen, and at the end of the day people want to win trophies.

No one is saying it's completely wrong, but it's not working. You need a blend. You think these guys are going to stay here another 4 or 5 years and morph into champions and then remain here? Right now we are breeding champions for other teams because the time will come when they tire and want to move on to win titles.

As for injecting reason, it seems to me that the sheikh situation played out exactly like I said it would, we look like a broke club that is so desperate for money that we entertained an offer from a clown with no money who was presented to the president accompanied by a convicted drug dealer. I might not have your business acumen, but I called the egg in the face of our president and like clockwork the day after the sale to the sheikh expired every radio pundit and journalist in Rome was saying exactly what I predicted they would.

10. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not saying any of this is wrong but what some of you non-American's don't seem to understand is that not giving a shit about what others think is a very American trait. So while some of us may be embarrassed or worried about egg in the face, it could be that the President couldn't care less. Not saying it's a good thing or bad. It's just something that exists sometimes.

11. Zephyrus

Zephyrus Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Singapore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Well borussia Dortmund did a great job of breeding youngsters and winning the bundesliga, I think they have an awesome model for their youth.

Vulpinous repped this.
  12. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Even Stuttgart won Bundesliga...

13. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    @TNC_SerieA: Brazilian CB Dede' is linked to Milan, Roma, Juventus and Inter. He will face Italy in a friendly with Brazil on March 23rd

14. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
  15. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
  16. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    did not know this but just found this out... perin was born in latina, lazio. so hes roman. i would like him at roma in the future, looks like a quality keeper just has poor positioning because of his inexperience and his defense makes him look much worse than he actualy is.

on another note, I LOVE DIAMANTI, hes such a fun player to watch because of his skills and vision. hes a great playmaker because of his dribbling, vision and passing... and his LEFT FOOT:eek: , he has to have the best left foot in the serie a.

17. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    lamela :D

18. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isn't Florenzi good friends with Perin?

19. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Yeah they're like best friends.

20. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    idk if he is, if you guys say it then maybe. i want him as our future goalkeeper though, i dont want him to go to milan :devilish:

21. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    whill4 repped this.
  22. stugotz

stugotz Member+

May 20, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'd love it if we worked out a co-ownership with Genoa where they can keep him for a couple seasons then he can come in and take over for Stek. Unfortunately given our financial restrains he is probably out of our reach.

23. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
  24. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Borriello. :cool:

25. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    yea lol give em borriello and maybe they will cut the price to make it reasonable to get him