Transfers & Rumors ** Walter al timone **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Vulpinous, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eriksen has refused to sign a new contract.

whill4 repped this.
  2. Midgo

Midgo Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Genoa's Kucka too. The Genoa games I've seen this season, He's always managed to standout in every aspect like recovering posession, starting attacks, winning freekicks and the most important thing irritating the fvck out of opponents, the whole package of the PRICK right there, not like the one we have in Osvaldo that has been damaging only our team. Kucka could be a nightmare for opposition teams. :laugh:

I'd love both Diamanti and Kucka at Roma.

Big Tom repped this.
  3. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Don't expect too much.

Deand21594 repped this.
  4. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I really like Kucka too, but he has an annoying situation:

He is co-owned by Genoa and his other half belongs to Inter.

5. stugotz

stugotz Member+

May 20, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Uhhhh...******** Diamanti, the guy has shit talked Totti in the media, and if you guys think Osvaldo is selfish, this guy is selfish. Wasn't it him who said if his name was Diamantinho he would be worth 40m? The guy is a world class douche bag.

I'd rather us not buy anymore of these egotistical players who think they're bigger than the team. I'd rather buy guys with character and heart. Besides we can't be thinking about buying any more attackers especially one who is approaching 30.

6. Zephyrus

Zephyrus Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Singapore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Honestly I think next season our defense will be rb-piris/toro, cb sell burdi get a decent cb and a young cb. No changes at lb

7. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If we are going to talk silly about Eriksen over in the Osvaldo thread, at least say a name that fits somewhere-

Obiang is a pricy player who would be a good boss player for Roma, especially since the Moussa Sissokho deal never happened and now he is Newcastle's revelation boy

8. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    :cry:

9. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Next year will be Totti's last year, and for him I want to have excellent year next year.
    I dont want him to retire with us being mediocre.

10. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate it when players are overhyped based on one game. Remember when Diego was playing for Juventus and stomped us at the Stadio Olimpico? He was hailed as the next [insert Serie A superstar]. He was transferred after only a short time.

Sissokho was begging to leave his club and we didn't take him. His club was dying to get rid of him. Lets not assume that we knew all the facts about him. If he can be an impact player in the EPL for a season or so, then we can talk more about our management's mistakes.

If I was management, I would definitely be looking into another defensive-minded or box-to-box type midfielder. Tachtsidis can probably develop into a good player, but he might need a loan to another Serie A club to sort himself. Bradley had a bad spell for a while, but he has played pretty well since the first Inter game. De Rossi needs to get consecutive matches. He can't be expected to play well unless he finds a rhythm, which he hasn't had all season.

I think we need another defensive minded midfielder to help protect leads. I think Zeman relied on Bradley way too much late in games, especially since he was going the full 90 every single game. Since De Rossi was apparently in the dog house, our only substitutes were Perrotta, Tachtsidis, and Marquihno. Not good enough defensive types. Either buy a new one or promote a primavera player if one is good enough.

I think we keep Osvaldo for next season. I have been doing constant 180s on him throughout his tenure. But I just don't see us getting the value we paid for him back. I think he can still be serviceable, especially when we get Destro back.

We need wide players. If we are going to play a 4-3-1-2 or a 4-2-3-1 or 3-5-2 or whatever - we need speedier outside players. Only Lamela can even be considered a competent wide player.

I think the nucleus of our squad is still strong and we have underachieved. We might have only one more season of it in tact before players leave for bigger clubs. Some might even leave this summer.

wm72 repped this.
  11. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I am going to say that smoetime over the summer he signs a 2-3 year extension and come out as saying he still supports the project and he wants to stay to see the club grow.

12. stugotz

stugotz Member+

May 20, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think we need to figure out who our next manager is going to be, so we know what formation to prepare for. If we can dream I'd look at Gundogen on Dortmund, Moutinho on Porto, or Strootman on PSV.

However know our budget will likely be very very small, and knowing how we like average to mediocre midfielders, I could see us getting Dzemaili or Hetemaj.

13. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can't buy champion midfielders without CL or even EL football. It just won't happen. So you have to buy players who will overachieve. It can be done. Look no further than Udinese last year or Lazio and Fiorentina this year. You can reach the CL spots with above average players in Serie A if you play consistently well against the bottom of the table teams. We haven't for two seasons.

14. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd take Obiang over Sissoko.

Two good games and now he's Xavi.

(I'd take Obiang for both my clubs by the way)

15. stugotz

stugotz Member+

May 20, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That's exactly what we have been doing. We spent 15m on Osvaldo with no CL, we spent 16-19 on Destro without CL, why can't we invest in a position that needs it? Especially after Pallotta walks around saying we will be champions soon. We need some class in the team too, I don't want to model Roma after Udinese who sell players to finance their markets. What has any of those teams you mentioned done in CL? How successful was Udinese and their revolving door of players? Lazio? Fiorentina? Also there is a good chance none of the teams you mentioned make CL this year.

I don't want a team that is going to scrape it's way into CL only to be embarrassed by strong teams, and that's not what Pallotta promised. He said we would win the title in 5 years, how many titles has Udinese won? If ownership really believes Michael Bradley or Fernando Gago is the type of quality we need to win the league then we're ********ed. You need to also bring in big players, and spend some money if you want to compete in the league. You can't just say well we'll buy players who will overachieve, that's a crazy way to build a team imo, we need to mix some quality into the squad.

The new owners promised a strong project, which is in shambles right now. Pallotta promised a championship in 5 years, mentioned money wasn't a problem for them, and how they wanted to re-brand Roma. Wanted to make sure kids growing up would be wearing Roma jerseys instead of Rube jerseys. How many kids are cheering for Udinese? They tried to sell LE and his Barca football, that's gone. They tried to sell Zemanlandia and end up turning their backs on that. So now we go from champions to lets just hope we can stay in the top half of the table. We should NOT be aiming to be like Udinese, Fiorentina or Nazio.

Midfield General repped this.
  16. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Because there's no way any of the 3 players you mentioned would sign for us without CL. Moutinho is pretty much surely signing for Tottenham next summer, Gundogan doesn't want to leave Dortmund(and why would he) and Strootman is a player who can easily join one of the top 10 European clubs this summer.

17. stugotz

stugotz Member+

May 20, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I was mentioning them as pipe dream signings. I'm fully aware they won't come here. My point is we can still invest money into the midfield and buy quality without CL football right now.

18. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The "We can't buy because of FFP losses" statement is a lie.

Whoever said that is either lying or greatly misinformed. However, I don't think they are misinformed as I mean Baldini and upper management.

FFP incorporates proper investment which can be defined as "helpful" player purchases.

The wording is very loosely and a good attorney would have a field day with FFP

19. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma

He's a provisional player and at best a super sub for Italy. Big fish, small small pond. Also a little punk, dont want him near Roma

Midfield General repped this.
  20. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Also lets hope they can learn the third time round to pick a manager and buy him the players he needs. Now wouldn't that be an out there suggestion to our management, it might fry their tiny brains.

I dont really care for any rumours or possible names atm until I see a manager in place. At the very least I hope they will have secured the deal very soon and get to work now, get the transfers in early for once, get the group together for a proper pre season.... again another alien concept to Walter and may be to much to ask for.

21. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I propose a coach who plays the 9-1 formation. This way I don't have to see another loss :barefoot:

22. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hypothetical. Barca and Man City come in for Marquihnos this summer. What is the reasonable price that Roma would probably (and/or should) accept? I figure that if the big clubs put in an offer for 25-30m that we will accept.

23. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nothing, his value can only increase. You have to keep him at all cost.

24. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But is that realistic? Lets be reasonable here, there has to be a price. If Man City comes out with something outrageous like 40m, that would be nothing to scoff at.

25. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    They won't offer 40 million, that's why they will try and poach him now. To skip offering for 40 million. If you want 40 million you keep him another season or two and hope he continues to develop.

shiboboo repped this.