Transfers & Rumors ** Spring Thaw **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Vulpinous, Feb 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    G.Rossi>Dempsey

2. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    To expensive though. The last position that will be looked at if even at all I would think is another forward/link player so its probably all wishful thinking that we will move for this type of player. Although I think it is vital after seeing that Lecce game

3. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I actually beg to differ on that one. I could argue this with you very easily and you will lose this arguement very quickly.

4. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    He is in the last year of his contract. I am gussing 7-8m would get accepted.

5. rearviewmirror_

Jan 4, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    After that crap I saw this weekend, I would much, MUCH rather make a run at Michael Bradley. We wouldn't see hardly as much of our midfield getting bypassed without so much as an attempted tackle.

6. tmontana52

tmontana52 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Philly- the 215
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Dempsey - Osavaldo

That would 2 badasses up top!!!

7. Deand21594

Deand21594 Member+

Jan 24, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Im all for Dempsey..we need to sign someone with a pair of balls who wont jump ship when the chips are down

8. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Why? [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_EcXRq3qR0"]Giuseppe Rossi ~ Just Incredible HD - YouTube[/ame]

9. iGiallorossi

iGiallorossi Member+

Oct 4, 2010
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Watched Dempsey last night against Chelsea, he was the most talented player on the pitch, he was playing up front by himself which left him outnumbered and isolated, maybe Totti's role or one of the forward positions would be best suited to him. However I don't think he'll be coming to Italy, and as stressed a million times before the defence must be cured first.

If we do sign a striker, someone like Destro or Gabbiadini would be better options, cheap, young and have potential - I also think Borini would excel with a strike partner he can play off and relate to. I remember my two of my friends who used to play up front for the same team and they always scored and assisted each other because they knew each others' game so well

10. iGiallorossi

iGiallorossi Member+

Oct 4, 2010
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Lanzini, never heard of this kid, they call him the new Lamela, which is a joke if you ask me, there hasn't even been the Lamela

11. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Okey, my transfer mercato right now.

Keeper: Stekelenburg, lobont
    Right back: Rosi, César Azpilicueta
    Left back: Jose Angel, DODO
    Center back: Kjaer, Astori, Burdisso, Ogbonna
    Midfield: DE Rossi, Gago, Pjanic, Marquinho, Viviani, Bertolacci
    Attack: Bojan, Osvaldo, Borini, Totti, Lamela

Manager: Luis Enrique Martinez

Pretty solid base for 3 - 4 more years! They can grow with each other & become better.

Out
    Cicinho , Cassetti & Barusso ( contract expiring)
    Perrotta ( buy out his contract)
    Juan( Flamengo)
    Heinze( River Plate)
    Taddei (try to sell)
    Pizarro,Simplicio (let away for free to other sides)
    brighi, julio sergio, Borriello(loan)

12. iGiallorossi

iGiallorossi Member+

Oct 4, 2010
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I think Heinze should be kept as back up, he ballsed up at Lecce but he's been solid plus I think he has already earn an extension.

Also Taddei has been solid, not the quality we need but has the work ethic to be effective as a back up, would much rather him next season than Angel

13. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    I'd send Viviani on a loan somewhere to gain more experience and bring Florenzi to the first team instead. Also, I'd get Boccheti instead of Ogbonna, since you would have more money available with only those transfers. Dodo will come on Bosman, Azpilicueta and Astori can't be more than 10M each, and Berto is our player. And they are reporting that we'll have a 40M transfer kitty.

14. iGiallorossi

iGiallorossi Member+

Oct 4, 2010
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Astori's contract is up at the end of the season, I haven't seen a source once saying otherwise.

15. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well, Sabatini said he will evaluate which players can be helpful for our future.
    Heinze, Taddei are definetly not players we should be building our squad around with.

16. iGiallorossi

iGiallorossi Member+

Oct 4, 2010
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Obviously not, but our starting 11 isn't going to be 100% fit all season long, Heinze reinforces our very weak backline, I assume he was bought as a squad player but Juan is never fit, Kjaer is a disaster and Burdisso had that season ending injury. Taddei is an unsung hero in this team, I was never a huge fan of him but this season he's grown on me, his pragmatism and effort is second to none and something every squad needs.

17. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Heinze actually hasn't been solid, it's just that those around him are normally so bad that they mask his mistakes. And there have a been a lot of mistakes, even before the Lecce game. He's got a lot of grinta, but he's not adapt play this type of football. Especially at his age.

If we purchase 2 defenders in the summer, which I truly believe we should. Then Heinze would likely be 4th in the pecking order. At that point it might be just the same to sell him and let a youngster be that 4th emergency man.

18. iGiallorossi

iGiallorossi Member+

Oct 4, 2010
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Today's list of names-

I like the idea of Aogo, much more realistic than my target of Criscito. The rest am not so impressed by, Armero maybe but with Florenzi and Bertolacci hopefully being included in the squad next year I don't think we would need him.

19. decola

decola Member+

Sep 12, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    i like armero a lot, he would work well in our formation imo

20. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Armero is actually a leftback..

21. iGiallorossi

iGiallorossi Member+

Oct 4, 2010
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    AS Roma
    My mistake I thought he was a box to box type midfielder

22. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Kwadwo Asamoah plays that for them. :) That and DMC.

23. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    A player I have liked any time I seen him is Ricardo Rodriguez but he just signed for Wolfsburg in Jan. I did just type his name in and Roma and Sabatini was after him :( He is a 19 year old left back and is going to be a a star player. Shame we ended up with Angel instead

romanista8910 and Sal repped this.
  24. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Nainggolan claims "in the summer, goodbye Cagliari"

25. iGiallorossi

iGiallorossi Member+

Oct 4, 2010
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Reading today about some of our youth players. Piscitella signed a 5 year deal with Roma despite interest from Inter, Juve, Arsenal and Fulham. Sabatini is working on full ownership deal with Tallo, who has scored 22 in 25
    games. They say Crescenzi will be playing with the first team next season.