Transfers & Rumors ** Spring Thaw **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Vulpinous, Feb 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  2. tmontana52

tmontana52 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Philly- the 215
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Re: Transfers & Rumors Summer 2012

Garay from Benfica

3. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma

Need them both.

4. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece

There is only one player I really want; Mauricio Isla

5. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Spurs and Arsenal are looking at him so that will be tough.

There isn't much difference in wages that either Spurs or Arsenal will offer so you never know. Juan makes similar wages to defenders at both clubs. So I can see it if we drop one of our big contracts like Boriello. I think he's worth it and being on an expiring contract he'd be pretty cheap. I think Arsenal have the best shot to sign him because he'd have more competition at Spurs.

King
    Kaboul
    Dawson
    Gallas

Nelsen will be gone next season.

Bassong will be sold.

King will resign, it's unthinkable for him to not be wearing that shirt.

Caulker who's on loan with Swansea will be back. He's one of our highest rated prospects. He'll move into our rotation for the CL and league next season.

Then of course we signed Bruno from Brazil on loan with an option to buy, I think that will be picked up.

Gallas might move to the MLS.

Everyone thinks that Spurs have the edge with signing this guy but I don't see it, too much competition. From Vertonghen's POV he can sign with Arsenal or Roma, make similar wages, and start games. If Kjaer can start, Vertonghen can start, he's definitely better then Kjaer. I think Roma have a good chance, it all depends on whether he fancies playing in Italy.

Anyways, a poster on my Spurs board makes these little compilations of player performances. The good ones that show all their touches/tackles/duels, not just the goals. Most of the times it's our own players or players we're interested in signing. He just did one for Vertonghen, I think you can see why he'd be the perfect CB for Enrique's tactics.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsG6hA9chos"]Jan Vertonghen vs Manchester United - YouTube[/ame]

6. iGiallorossi

iGiallorossi Member+

Oct 4, 2010
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    AS Roma

Astori for me please :D

I don't know much about Vertonghen, though having Mastodon playing in the background of his compilation video does it for me :p Joking aside he does seem like a good fit in Lucho's side as his passing and dribbling is pretty solid for a defender. Though as soon as I read his name I thought is that not the guy Arsenal want, though maybe Stek can send a few texts to send him our way :cool:

I've seen Garay's named linked quite a bit to Roma so I wouldn't be surprised if he was one of Sabatini's targets. We really should be looking to sign quite a few, with Burdisso's fitness going to be a worry, Juan will be gone, Heinze isn't superman, he will eventually dip a bit in form and Kjaer is just a disaster. Am thinking along the same lines that two quality CBs should be bought.

At the very least I think two CBs and a midfielder (Sahin) should be brought in, realistic enough for Sabatini

7. Giallorossi_10

Giallorossi_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denmark
    Club:
    AS Roma

As long as we sign young talented players im happy! and depending on our budget someone awesome!

8. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece

With talents only we are never going to win the scudetto. Are we going to be the next Arsenal? Buying talents, selling them to bigger clubs and win nothing.. we need experienced players too. You need to find the perfect balance between young and old.

9. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011

Where's that list of players someone posted 2 weeks ago or so that were published by a Roma fansite?

10. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Agreed. This is why resigning De Rossi was so important. Having that experienced, defensive-minded midfielder will be so critical moving forward. Once Totti retires and Juan moves on, our team will look very young. De Rossi would be the difference between Roma and an Arsenal.

11. iGiallorossi

iGiallorossi Member+

Oct 4, 2010
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    AS Roma

That was me man, I'll have a look for it again.

I have to agree with Andreas that only getting prospects this summer will set us up for disaster, based on this seasons over achievements am expecting silverware next season. Of course I want Sabatini to work his magic by bringing in prospects but first team players should be signed also.

12. iGiallorossi

iGiallorossi Member+

Oct 4, 2010
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    AS Roma

Here's the link I got the list from: http://www.forza-roma.com/44200/walt...ndo-per-giugno

The list;
    -Isla
    -Van der Wiel
    -Ghoulam
    -Aleskander Miljkovic
    -Milan Rodic
    -Subotic
    -Savic
    -Rodrigo Battaglia
    -Ocampos
    -Tomic
    -Nuri Sahin

Am sure Garay, Vertonghen and Filip Janković could be added to it. It'd be cool if DCU did up a list of linked players like last year, that was a job well done.

1 person likes this.
  13. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011

Thanks! FM2012 shortlist complete!

14. Romanista89

Romanista89 Member+

Jun 8, 2010
    Glasgow, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Bayern Munich have also been heavily linked to Vertonghen. They can offer much higher wages than any one of Roma, Arsenal or Spurs can and are a much bigger club. He enters the final year of his contract after this season but it would still take an offer of 15m+ euros to get him.

We have also been linked to Vasco da Gama centre-back Dede. The BBC South Amiernca football expert Tim Vickery always raves about this guy. He's said that he believes Dede is the best defende rin the Brazilian league and the second best Brazilian defender in circulation at the moment (Thiago Silva being the first). Vasco finished second in the Brazilian Serie A season and Dede was their Player of the Year. Brazilian football being the way it is, it is almost unheard of for a defender to get the POTY for a team that came so close to winning their Serie A.

15. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    socal I liked that video a lot, I can't believe how good he looked there.

I prefer Ramirez over Sahin. I think Ramirez is very suited to LE's tactics where-as Sahin could be more of a risk

16. iGiallorossi

iGiallorossi Member+

Oct 4, 2010
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I've heard of Dede, someone like him and a Serie A experienced would be good purchases at CB.

17. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Vertonghen, Vertonghen, Vertonghen. :D

(I suspect there will be a mass exodus from Ajax this year)

18. iGiallorossi

iGiallorossi Member+

Oct 4, 2010
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Vertonghen - Ajax asking for 10 million, sounds like a steal to me

Also Schelotto's agent says his player would thrive at Roma

19. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    10 million done. I'd do that deal right now and sign him to a pre-contract.

While we are at it inquire about Christian Eriksen too.

20. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    we have option to buy kjaer for 7 m , so take that 7 m + add 3 m and sign vertonghen.

21. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Hmmmm 7 million for Kjaer or 10 million for Vertonghen, that might be a tough sell to the Ultras in Curva Sud. ;)

22. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  23. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I dont have time this season to do what I did over the summer. so if someone else wants to do the "Who we have been linked too" post go for it.

Format was:

Player Name (Current Club - Country) Position Value*

*Added Value, think it would be nice.

We need to snap up Erikson, if their going to have a fire sale. He idolizes Totti and likes the club, dont think it would be that hard of a sell to get him to join us. Stek being here too helps.

24. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think if there was a "fire-sale" at Ajax, that Manu would come in and trounce Roma's bid for him.

Erikson is basically the sought after talent

25. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I still think he would chose us over them, its crazy but I think he would. He is a fan of Roma and LOVES Totti.