Transfers & Rumors ** Loan w/ option to buy Edition **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Vulpinous, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capitano_10

Capitano_10 Member+

Apr 18, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Ok, im not up to speed on any new transfer targets. Has anything happend on any front? In or out?

2. stugotz

stugotz Member+

May 20, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Not a whole lot going on, De Rossi is obviously being linked away to PSG now. Although a City vs PSG bidding war could be interesting.

Names coming in....Goal reported PSV midfielder Clasie was on our radar, but his agent said he's going nowhere. Also since Croatia is joining the EU there will be teams looking to pick up some talent from there. I've heard we were looking at a 21 year old kid named Renato Kelic, a CB playing for Slovan Liberec. Then there was the re-emergence of Rolando rumours. Other than that I haven't been seeing much.

Capitano_10 repped this.
  3. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yupp the only thing I was interested in was 20+Verratti for De Rossi from a "source"

4. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Jordy Clasie

5. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's scary how tempting of a deal that'd be. We already know he fits into Zeman's tactics, and his potential resale value would be ridiculous. But I don't see Carlo letting go of Verratti.

6. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Clasie is the dutch Verratti.

7. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That's what I was thinking

8. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Then I would tell them no deal. Verratti on free market now would push at least 15, and it just take more time to 1. Get the De Rossi cash, then 2. Buy someone else who would be a gamble most likely.

With Verratti at least Roma would know, hey, that's your regista.

**The team also has 4 intermedii in Bradley, Florenzi, Marquinho, and let's say Pjanic, without DDR.

9. tmontana52

tmontana52 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Philly- the 215
    Club:
    AS Roma
    On the twitter world there are people saying Amelia could be coming in January..

He tweeted on his official account "Roma..." So take it for what it's worth, he could of tweeted that because Roma is his home town and maybe going there for vacation?

10. stugotz

stugotz Member+

May 20, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Seems management is giving up on Piris and looking to either Santon or Jung in January.

11. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Santon is going to cost a lot

12. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stanton wouldn't be at the top of my list anyways.

13. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    same

14. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  15. wm72

wm72 Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    New York
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I see it as pure fantamercato but it's still the only type deal in which DDR could leave and not create the biggest meltdown of Roma fans in recent memory. It would still be severe to lose DDR in any scenario but the logic of a the move would be sound, at least.

In particularly, when you consider the positions and that elite quality at a DLP position is as difficult to come by as an elite defensive midfielder with DDR's versatility.

16. Foto

Foto Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    De Rossi=Brett Favre

17. punyu

punyu Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Roma’s Francesco Totti has turned down an ‘offer’ from the Russian Football Federation to go and play in their championship.
    In a chance meeting between the captain and Russian Federation Vice-President Nikita Simonyan, the latter invited the legend to Russia.
    “I’m certain that you don’t have money issues, but you should know that we are ready to pay you a lot in order for you to come and play in our country,”Simonyan is quoted as saying by the Corriere dello Sport.
    “If you phone me then I’ll be able to find you a club, who will sign you with their eyes shut, within the space of 24 hours…”
    Totti, supposedly of interest to Spartak Moscow and CSKA Moscow, thanked the official but underlined that he would remain with his hometown club.
    The Roman, who has only ever played for the Giallorossi, is now 36. He’s scored two goals in seven Serie A games this term.
    Totti also gifted Simonyan a signed Roma shirt at the end of their little chat.

o_O

18. Capitano_10

Capitano_10 Member+

Apr 18, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Surprised anyone has taking an interest in our legendary capitano, after all most folk should know he's Roma till the end. The perfect example of the term "stab in the dark"

19. RomaWolf

RomaWolf Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Simonyan "Of course, I did not offer him anything.I am always ready to meet him in Russia, if any team from the Russian championship get him.
    We met yesterday with Totti, took pictures, had a nice talk, and he gave ​​me a very good impression, but i didnt do any offers."

he said this today after, and only a stupid person would offer Totti knowing that he wont leave Roma ever. i just hate those stupid rumor makers and i dont believe that

20. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
  21. Big Tom

Big Tom Member+

Sep 11, 2011
    In Jimmy's Fountain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    whill4, Andreas and Rossonero23 repped this.
  22. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    In general I tend not to listen to rumors this time of year. They tend to be completely speculative and devoid of logic.

I do agree that Boateng could work nicely in a Zeman midfield. I remember him making a lot of runs into the box without the ball. However if there is no room for Pjanic then there is no room for Boateng. I don't see Florenzi as being a weak link. Bradley is already looking at limited playing time in this setup and we have Perrotta and Marquinho on the bench. Does adding Boateng make sense?

Vulpinous repped this.
  23. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boatang has been pretty terrible for Milan this year. He probably wastes a dozen chances every game.

El Shaarawy is the only Milan player I really want. Maybe Abate as well.

24. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    KPB wouldn't be my first choice but I'd take him. Trust me I'm well aware of his issues and the fact he hasn't started well but I feel he'd fit what Zeman wants to do. Zeman can be rather inflexible though he's a good coach. Since we're committed to him might as well give him what he wants. That's the only way this is going to work.

To tell the truth as a Spurs fan I'd take Pjanic, he might fit Spurs better than Roma. Regardless I think a sale would be best, i'd rather have the money. If the reported price is correct £15m, I'd set aside £10m for a center back and £5m for another attacking midfielder if we must. Roma would only have to come out of pocket around £10m to get quality players at both positions.