Transfers & Rumors ** Loan w/ option to buy Edition **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Vulpinous, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    He is horrible and so slow, the complete opposite player we need.

decola, Andreas and Rossonero23 repped this.
  2. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Schelotto > santon

3. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm so glad montolivo turned Roma down and got pjanic instead

4. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  5. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Granted these Osvaldo to Juve articles are quite opportunistic and largely speculative. There is something to say however about Sabatini's moves in this transfer market. It's been widely reported and acknowledged that Roma intended to sell Osvaldo and replace him with Destro. Roma had deals in place with Genoa for Destro and Malaga for Osvaldo. Then Zeman said they should not sell Osvaldo and the plans were changed.

The strange bit is that the pursuit of Destro was not dropped. If you identify Destro as Osvaldo's replacement then does it make sense to sign him if you decide to keep Osvaldo? Shouldn't the identity kit of the player change at that point. You are no longer selling Osvaldo, but selling Borini therefore the player should replace the position Borini should have had in Zeman's tactical lineup. The arrival of a Palacio, just to throw a name we were linked too out there, would have made much more sense at that point.

I have a feeling that by keeping both Osvaldo and Destro we might have created more problems in the future for ourselves. I think we can all agree on two things:

1 - Totti is guaranteed to play
    2 - Osvaldo is not likely to take kindly to sitting on the bench.

Considering those things, we know there are two positions available. One is the position these two players are suited for, center forward. The other is in contention with Erik Lamela. Lamela, if he does what he needs to, is more suited to the position than either Osvaldo or Destro. So they are starting with a slight handicap there. Lamela also represents a personal bet by from Walter Sabatini so there might be some hidden pressure there as well. Then you have Zeman's words after the previous Italy NT game: "this shows that Osvaldo and Destro can't play together" and "neither of them want to play wide."

Because of these things I think Osvaldo/Destro could be the next big scandal after De Rossi/Zeman. If Destro catches on fire and Osvaldo is benched there will be drama. If it's the other way around then things should remain cool since Destro is younger and it's expected of him to play less than is superior senior. That's how I see things Destro's success likely means Osvaldo's departure in the summer. This setup only has room for one and Roma will sell at least one attractive player every summer. You can bank on it. :D

The other big scandal that could happen is with Pjanic who no one can agree on where he should play. Some say regista, some say Intermedio, I say as Totti's alternate, and so on. There is clearly little space for Pjanic at the moment. Given his talent the media will harp on it. However I don't see Zeman removing Florenzi and De Rossi will have to play for media reasons. It only leaves the regista spot, where Zeman has not even tried him once.

mike.fig repped this.
  6. Romanista89

Romanista89 Member+

Jun 8, 2010
    Glasgow, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I can't believe for even one second that Malaga were read to sign Osvaldo when slap bang in the middle of the mercato they sold their best player (Cazrola) and a number of other important ones (Rondon and Mathijsen). Bringing in roughly 32m euros in transfer fees but only speeding about 800,00 euros worth of it in the entire mercato.

In the away win to Inter Zeman started all three of Destro, Osvaldo and Totti - that was the first time all three were available to him - and it worked. And personally I can still envisage Destro working well on the right if Osvaldo plays in the centre.

Osvaldo can be a bitch at times and I'm sure Zeman had a more than legitimate reason for benching him after the Juventus game, only those inside really know how he reacted after that game towards him team-mates (although there was a reumoured spat in the media between Osva and Lamela again) and I wouldn't be surprised if that was why he was dropped for the Atalanta game. We've seen how he bitches out to team-mates on the pitch even when we are winning.

7. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    They had no money for transfer in the summer and admitted it in the press.

8. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Knowing us we will sell Osvaldo so we can buy another center forward.

9. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Osvaldo is just entereing his prime and he is starting to hit the big time. Selling Borini was one thing, selling Osvaldo would be an incredibly retarded move

wm72, Vulpinous and ASRomaUSA repped this.
  10. iGiallorossi

iGiallorossi Member+

Oct 4, 2010
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Zeman dropped him for one game - chill out people. If Osvaldo is continuously drooped to the bench then maybe we can start to worry. The way I see it, Zeman has a legacy of trusting young players and was just showing Destro is faith in him for the the Atalanta game.

11. tmontana52

tmontana52 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Philly- the 215
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Osvaldo non si tocca!!!!

wm72 and Andreas repped this.
  12. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Don't become the Arsenal of Italy...

Although I really believe osvaldo will leave by summer if destro refuses wing forward

13. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we reach the Europa league or higher for next season, then there will be plenty of games for both players.

14. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Good point. Plus Zeman injuries. But I think osvaldo wants a secure spot

15. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    all I can say is Osvaldo better not start a conflict with Zeman because he will lose.

16. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'd swap him for a good wing forward

17. tomer48

tomer48 Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Every member around here who claims we should sell osvaldo clearly knows nothing about football, osvaldo enter his prime, his a goal machine, his doing well both at rome and the NT, Destro playing really bad , and i dont even wanna here that even that his not scoring he has great moves without the ball.... for me if someone should go is destro!

RomaWolf repped this.
  18. porreca

porreca Member+

Jan 17, 2010
    UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Osvaldo has only been benched once, I didn't like it, but that's OK, it's only been once. If, however, Osvaldo continues to be benched when it's obvious his feet are blessed by his daughter, Victoria's prayers, then it's obvious we are oblivious to this divine intervention, and I'd consider this a blasphemous act of heavenly treason by our management..

I never liked the Destro move, good player, great potential, but I deemed this move to be an unnecessary one, and I hated it even more as it came at the expense of Borini (who is the only player I've ever screamed a Roma goal at the Olimpico, so yes I am biased towards him), but no one cna argue agaisnt the fact that Borini is a player that perfectly fits Zeman's work ethic and the much-needed wide forward role much more than most players in serie A.... yet he was, still, sold... I will never understand that... I've given up on trying to understand this (or the meaning of life)

...If this ends up costing us both, Borini and Osvaldo, I'm done with our management.

19. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I love the Destro move. He is going to be a great striker.

Lamela-Destro-Borini was fine. Now management needs to find that wing forward for the future.

Out of a 4-3-3 formation, it should be compatible in different situations for the future in a 1-2 trequartista 2 forward setup, where Lamela will be treq and Destro will be forward.

Bojan wasn't a loss, it was never anything in the first place. Borini situation was awful.

I am not thrilled, but I am happy. The club is still losing 50 a year which makes it not viable under FFP. It will take time thanks to Rosella.... seriously.

20. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Now let's imagine if management sold Borini then didn't secure Destro, and Bojan was gone.

The squad would be osvaldo, lamela, and Totti. Nico Lopez and Tallo as subs , maybe also Borriello.

In the end, management effed up by about 50%. But that other 50% secured the future Azzurri striker, who IMO is a real good player.

Why Destro or Ozzy refuses to play on the wing blows my mind. He is 21 years old are you kidding me it is not that hard to learn, he will do fine there

21. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sell DDR for 20+Verratti. Take that 20 and buy Ogbonna. Spend some cash on a right back and another wing forward. It would definitely work out.

That or Zeman leaves and a coach who knows how to use DDR and what DDR wants is hired.

22. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just hope Zeman doesn't burn too many bridges during his tenure. He isn't exactly young, and Baldini/Sabatini need to think longterm wise with some of his decisions.

With that being said, De Rossi isn't the boss and needs to stop creating drama. But Totti also wasn't exactly quiet either when he had a manager he didn't like.

23. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    De Rossi best performances this year have been playing Intermedio with the national team. So to say Zeman doesn't know how to use him is a little degrading for the bohemian. If De Rossi can play Intermedio on the NT them he can do it for Roma. And with the money he's paid he best do it with a smile on his face.

DA ITALIAN, Andreas and iGiallorossi repped this.
  24. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Which is why I said if it is what DDR wants. The intermedio for Zeman is not identical to the role of the intermedio in Prandelli's setup.