Transfers & Rumors ** Give Me More **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Jul 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    OM are buying him on French NT hype and because Lucho Gonzalez wants out.

2. Roma Totti

Roma Totti Member

Jul 24, 2006
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    How about we give them Mirko, Loria, and Menez for Müller. THAT WOULD BE GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

3. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    This happens with young players, plus Roma is a tough platform. The fans are a bunch of ingrates that can't wait to complain. One days everyone is a phenomenon and the next you get rocks thrown at you.

All things considered Menez was a good gamble for us, when you compare it to say Adriano. Him leaving changes little because Lamela arrived and slots into that role of the young player that needs to be nurtured and developed.

4. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Good.

ill take 10k baguettes at this point for him.

5. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I just want a return on our investment. We paid around 10-12m for him bc he was the next "Zidane". I just hope we get a good return on him even though he's accomplished pretty much nothing in the past few years.

I have no clue as to how Lamela will even he used by Luis...if at all.

6. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was hoping that we would be able to keep one of either Menez or Vucinic. I'd prefer Vucinic but it looks like both are on their way out. I guess we will have to be even more active in the transfer market now. If Lamela is a replacement for Menez, who can we get to replace Vucinic? Or is Bojan looked at as the replacement? We will need another attacking player for sure.

7. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Sell Menez (10 milion?) = Stekelenburg

-------------- Stekelenburg --------------
    ---------------------------------------------
    Zabaleta - Burdisso - Juan - Jose Angel
    ------ Pizarro - De Rossi - Pastore ------
    ----- Lamela ----------- Bojan ------------
    ----------------- Totti ----------------------

8. Roma Totti

Roma Totti Member

Jul 24, 2006
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Lets keep Menez till January and Vucinic till next summer. Maybe they will reconsider their fates.

9. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Let's not and sell them now and buy players who actually want to be here and can take the criticism.

10. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    That midfield looks like a disaster. Neither Pastore or Pizarro belong there.

11. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    How would you play then.

12. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    ^ Perro and Brighi on either side lol Now, we're Barca!!!!

13. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    We have to see who arrives first. I mean for starters I don't really believe Pastore will come so is it would be silly to slot him into a formation. Looking at your formation I think the midfield is weak and will be overrun. The only real fighter there is De Rossi and in the past two years he's made an unbelievable amount of defensive errors. So if I was to design the midfield I would not put him there without another good fighter. Inler would have been nice, same with Sandro. The second big problem is sloting Pizarro into a 3 man midfield which just doesn't work and it especially doesn't work with him on the flanks. So much we saw from Spalletti's experiments with the diamond midfield, and even some of the experiments by Ranieri when he first took over for Luciano. If Pizarro plays he plays in the middle and deep. Then the third midfielder needs to be a fighter with feet and passing skills. Pastore there is overkill, if he comes he plays in attacking trio.

14. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    You mock Perrotta yet every coach immediately praises him. He's one of the few that sprints when he doesn't have the ball on his feet. He's always one of the first to track back and defend. Too often people make their dream formations with a billion attacking players when a little bit of Perrotta's ethic is exactly what's needed.

15. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    You cant hate on a guy that gives 110% every game.

We need some bruisers in the midfield bad.

16. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I was being sarcastic.

I'm actually a fan of Perro...he's a no BS player. What you see is what you get. Sure, he can't hit the side of a farm and has a lead foot, but he's a good utility player. And he has that passionate hot head mentally that i love. Which i think we will see less of under Luis. Don't think he will tolerate the Mexes/Totti type red cards for outbursts.

17. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Attack looks even more suspect. Lamela+Bojan is a massive downgrade from Vucinic+Borriello/Menez.

18. tomer48

tomer48 Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    can someone tell me when is the presentation?

19. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville

For the most part, that is true. But there are people who will start fights with fans of a rival (Boston-NY, Chi-StL, LA-SF), get out of control in the stands, go to preseason practices to yell at players, etc. It's a minority who do those things, but there is some commonality with ultras.

1 person likes this.
  20. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Well I don't think that will be the attack, personally I'm convinced Sabatini won't sell Vucinic this summer. Unless an offer you can't refuse comes, which I doubt it will. I think the attack will be Vucinic, Totti, and another. Lamela will be Vucinic's substitute. To make Lamela a starter at 19 in Roma means risking destroying the player. I'm certain Sabatini will want to integrate him over at least two seasons. Bojan might be a starter but that depends on what happens. Personally the Bojan deals seems strange to me. More out of chance then need. It's also still not official. If somehow they get Pastore, then clearly he would play over Bojan.

I like your signature, it reminds of one of mine :)

21. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Bojan is a down grade from Menez?

Borrielo is still here until otherwise occurs, so to is Vucinic.

Oh well, at least we aren't buying players from Napoli and Bologna and selling our best prospects to Milan.

22. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Roma is trying to sign Aljandro Martinuccio. Seems they are playing dirty as he has a pre-agreement with Verdao and they are offering him more money to try and get him to break it.

23. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Have we signed Jose Angel or not yet?

24. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    He arrived yesterday, so I expect he signed yesterday or today and merely has not been presented yet.

25. zako

zako Member+

May 11, 2006
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    If Roma is the real problem for Mirko, and he just wants out, then he can sign for Anzi Makhachkala :) I bet, they will have the highest bid for him, maybe even more than 20 million...