Transfers & Rumors ** Give Me More **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Jul 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomer48

tomer48 Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    today is the presentation?

2. bingos

bingos Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nah! The context it was said, was about Roma being strong and rich enough for paying the same wages. But the problem still the same (hopefully it will change for a poritive direction for us), Vucinic wants to leave, and Sabatini cannot deny it.
    Otherwise all he would had to say is, that Vucinic is a Roma player under contract till 2013. Instead he says in every interview, that Vucinic wants to leave, and we want him to stay. He knows, that a player unwilling to stay, no matter how talented is, worst then a less talented and more committed player. Then it's better to sell him for a higher price then we would get next year, when we have to sell him, and finding a new talented player.

3. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    He says Mirko Vucinic wants to leave because that's the question he's being asked on a daily basis. No one is asking him if Mirko Vucinic is under contract until 2013.

Again if Cristiano Ronaldo was made to do one last year at Man United. I don't see why Mirko Vucinic can't. Even if he has an awful year like this year, he will still bag you 10 goals on the wings. How many other wingers in Serie A give you those numbers?

4. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    An African adventure - why Cameroon's Carlos Kameni is a risk for Roma

The Espanyol keeper is set to join the Stadio Olimpico side in a €2 million deal but he will have to combine his shot-stopping strength with composure and concentration in Serie A

[​IMG]

By Ben Hayward

Few Espanyol fans will be surprised by the likely departure of goalkeeper Carlos Kameni to Roma this summer. The Cameroonian has been linked with a move for each of the last three years and when he failed to turn up on the first day of pre-season training last week, an exit appeared inevitable. Now, it's a reality, and while many Espanyol followers will have mixed feelings about the player's prospective transfer, few will be mourning his likely loss.

The Barcelona-based club looked to have struck gold with Kameni. The goalkeeper caught the attention of the Catalan outfit following a match-winning performance in the Olympic final in 2000, thwarting Spain with a string of sensational saves as a 16-year-old in Sydney to become the youngest-ever footballer to win a gold medal. A difficult period in France with Le Havre followed, but the keeper remained on Espanyol's radar and, advised by former Cameroon No. 1 Thomas Nkono, he sealed a move to Spain in 2004.

Agile and athletic, Kameni impressed immediately and became first-choice keeper in his second season at the club. Fans were wowed by his rapid reflexes and his ability to make seemingly impossible interventions. His performance in the 0-0 draw with champions and city rivals Barcelona won wider acclaim, as he denied Frank Rijkaard's side with a series of stunning stops, including a brilliant one-handed effort to repel an Andres Iniesta drive.

But Kameni was capable of the very best and the very worst - the sublime and also the ridiculous. Two very poor mistakes gifted a 2-0 win to Osasuna the following season, while there was another high-profile error against Athletic Bilbao. The Cameroonian eventually lost his place to Gorka Iraizoz, but won it back the following season and has kept it ever since.

SNAPSHOT | CARLOS KAMENI (Espanyol & Cameroon)
    [​IMG]

Value: €2m

Intl caps: 60

Position: Goalkeeper

Espanyol apps: 222

10-11 apps: 35

In five words: Agile, athletic, flexible, unpredictable, volatile

"My mistakes will make me mature," he vowed, and they have. Nevertheless, the 27-year-old is still prone to moments of madness now and again. Espanyol fans often marvel at the African's agility and shot-stopping, but there is usually one heart-in-the-mouth moment per game at Cornella, be it an ill-advised charge off his goal line, a risky dribble outside the box or an unwise attempt to come and claim a cross that should be left to his defenders.

Such sorties can be costly and the Cameroonian was at fault for at least two - and arguably all three - goals in his side's 3-2 defeat at Almeria back in February, when the keeper's early lapses of concentration allowed the Andalusians to race into a 3-0 lead.

At Roma, Kameni will be under the intense spotlight and scrutiny of a big club for the first time in his career. The Cameroonian will be handed the starting spot at Stadio Olimpico next term, ahead of Julio Sergio and the soon-to-depart Alexander Doni. But, he will need to add improved composure and concentration to his game in the high-pressure atmosphere of Serie A, where one mistake can be crucial and games are often tight, decided by the smallest of details.

Discipline could be an issue as well. Kameni squared up to a supporter in 2008-09, fought with team-mate Gregory Beranger the same season and has fallen out with coaches at Cameroon as well, while public criticism of the club for a perceived lack of ambition appears to have hastened the custodian's departure. In Rome, such behaviour is unlikely to be tolerated.

Roma represents a step up for Kameni - but the keeper must step up as well. Coach Luis Enrique has clearly highlighted the potential of the undoubtedly talented African and he must now find just how to coax the brilliant best out of the 27-year-old as the player nears his peak. Tame this Indomitable Lion, and the African's adventure at Roma is likely to be a roaring success.

5. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    My 2 sense on the Kameni rumors.

Getting him for 2 million is a steal and good business.

He is 27, the best keeper in Africa. Losing him for 1 month would stink but we can get over it.

He wants to win and is extremely competitive. He is leaving Espanyol because he said they have no drive and dont have a winning mentality. I love it.

He is no Doni, I was very impressed with him at the last World Cup.

6. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Why do people read Goal.com articles?

7. bingos

bingos Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    He doesn't need to asnwer everytime, that yes Vucinic wants to leave - he says it, because he uses it for his purposes.

The character of Ronaldo and Vucinic is very different, so I don't think the result will be the same.
    Secondly Vucinic is not playing like a real winger, but a second striker, coming from the wing. 10 goals from a striker (not winger) at his level won't be enough, as it wasn't enough this year.
    And before you say it is the same, no it's not. You won't see Vucinic running down the line to make crosses, but him coming from the left side into the box, using the advantage of his right foot, or soaring on the middle, and quite rarely from the right. You can see Totti going to the wings, and kicking crosses from left or right side with both legs, but you won't see Vucinc do that. It's not his play, because he is not a winger, he is a striker.
    And that exactly was his role in Roma, and the crosses were coming from Riise (or other LB), or Totti, or Menez, not Vucinic.

8. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    As awesome a talent as Vuci is, I for one won't shed a tear when he's gone. The guy's constant belly-aching over the past couple of seasons have grown kinda tiresome. One less egotistical primadonna. :)

9. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Can we not turn this into Transfers & Rumors **Mirko Vucinic Thread**

10. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I've given up on goal long ago as well...pointless, redundant website.

11. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    I thought I would share. :confused:

12. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Transfers and Rumors:

TRANSFERS IN:
    Bojan Krkic (Barcelona-Spain) Striker LOAN PENDING
    Marco Borriello (Milan-Italy) Striker 10m
    Jose Angel (Sporting Gijon-Spain) Left Back 4.5m
    Erik Lamela (River Plate-Argentina) Midfielder 14m (?)

Total Money Spent: 28.5

Rumors:
    Name
    (Club-Country) Position

A:
    Ricky Alvarez (Velez Sarsfield-Argentina) Attacking Midfielder
    Marco Amelia (Genoa-Italy) Goalkeeper
    Cristian Ansaldi (Rubin Kazan-Italy) Left/Right Back
    Youssef El-Arabi (Caen-Morocco) Striker
    Kojo Asamoah (Udinese-Ghana) Centre/Left Midfielder

B:
    Federico Balzaretti (Palermo-Italy) Left Back
    Cesare Bovo (Palermo-Italy) Centreback
    Michael Bradley (Bayern Munchenglabach-USA) Centre Midfielder
    Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus-Italy) Goalkeeper

C:
    Carlos Henrique Casimiro (Sao Paulo-Brazil) Midfielder
    Mattai Cassani (Palermo-Italy) Right Back
    Julio Cesar (Inter-Brazil) Goalkeeper
    Gael Clichy (Arsenal-France) Left Wingback
    Kevin Constant (LB Chateauroux/Chievo-Guinea) Centre-Midfielder
    Domenico Criscito (Genoa-Italy) Left Back

D:
    Andres D'Alessandro
    (Internacional-Argentina) Attacking Midfielder/Winger
    Leandro Damiao (Internacional-Brazil) Striker
    Denilson (Arsenal-Brazil) Centre-Midfielder
    Landon Donovan (LA Galaxy-USA) Asshat

E:

F:
    Fernando (Porto-Brazil) Midfielder

G:
    Fernando Gago (Real Madrid-Argentina) Defensive Midfielder
    Leonel Galeano (Independiete-Argentina) Centreback
    Lucho Gonzalez (Marseille-Argentina) Midfielder

H:
    Samir Handanovic (Udinese-Slovenia) Goalkeeper
    Abel Hernandez (Palermo-Uruguay) Striker
    Gonzalo Higuain (Real Madrid-Argentina) Striker

I:
    Mauricio Isla
    (Udinese-Chile) Wingback/Midfielder

J:
    Jermaine Jones (Shalke-USA) Midfielder

K:
    Carlos Kameni (Espanyol-Cameroon) Goalkeeper
    Kaka (Real Madrid-Brazil) Attacking Midfielder
    Simon Kjaer (Wolfsburg-Denmark) Centreback
    Niko Kranjcar (Tottenham-Croatia) Attacking Midfielder

L:
    Erik Lamela (River Plate-Argentina) Attacking Midfielder
    Ânderson Luís da Silva (Benfica-Brazil) Centreback
    Vagner Love (CSKA Moscow-Brazil)Striker
    Diego Lugano (Fenerbahce-Argentina) Centreback
    Romelu Lukaku (Anderlecht-Belgium) Striker

M:
    Marko Marin (Werder Breman- Germany) Winger/Attacking Midfielder
    Alejandro Martinuccio (Penarol-Argentina) Striker/Winger
    Javier Mascherano (Barcelona- Argentina) Defensive Midfielder
    Juan Manuel Mata (Valencia-Spain) Winger
    Jeremy Mathieu(Valencia-France) Left Back
    Gabriel Milito (Barcelona-Argentina) Centreback
    Martin Montoya (Barcelona-Spain) Right Back
    Thiago Motta (Inter-Italy) Midfielder

N:
    Neymar (Santos-Brazil) Stiker/Winger

O:

P:
    Leandro Paredes (Boca Juniors-Argentina) Attacking Midfielder
    Javier Pastore (Palermo-Argentina) Attacking Midfielder
    Lukas Podolski (FC Koln-Germany) Forward/Attacking Midfielder
    Andrea Poli (Sampdoria-Italy) Midfielder

Q:

R:
    Rafael (Santos-Brazil) Goalkeeper
    Ganston Ramirez (Bologna-Uruguay) Attacking Midfielder/Forward
    Sandro Ranieri (Tottenham-Brazil) Defensive Midfielder
    Rolando (Porto-Portugal) Centreback
    Oriol Romeu (Barcelona-Spain) Defensive Midfielder

S:
    Mario Santana (Fiorentina-Argentina) Right Wing/Attacking Midfielder
    Stefan Savic (Partizan-Montenegro) Centreback
    Phil Senderos (Fulham-Switzerland) Centreback
    Silvio Manuel Pereira (Sporting Braga-Portugal) Fullback
    Salvatore Sirigu (Palermo-Italy) Goalkeeper
    Alex Song (Arsenal-Cameroon) Defensive Midfielder/Centreback
    Jonathan Soriano (Barcelona-Spain) Forward
    Maarten Stekelenburg (Ajax-Netherlands) Goalkeeper
    Marco Storari (Juventus-Italy) Goalkeeper
    Denis Stracqualursi (Tigre-Argentina) Striker
    Jeffran Suarez (Barcelona-Venezuela) Forward/Winger

T:
    Rafael Toloi (Goias-Brazil) Centreback
    Ivan Tomecak (Dinamo Zagreb-Croatia) Right Winger/Fullback
    Vasilis Torosidis (Olympiacos-Greece) Right Back/Wingback/Midfielder

U:

V:
    Juan Manuel Vargas (Fiorentina-Peru) Left Wingback/Attacking Midfielder
    Marco Verratti (Pescara-Italy) Midfielder
    Emiliano Viviano (Bologna/Inter-Italy) Goalkeeper

W:
    Gregory van der Wiel (Ajax-Netherlands) Right Back

X:

Y:

Z:
    Pablo Zabaleta (Man City-Argentina) Left Back
    Christian Zapata (Udinese-Columbia) CentreBack

***UPDATED***

If you can please link the article as well when mentioning a new name.

13. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    No worries man...the stats were goon him, but the site isn't the same as it used to be. I stopped reading the past couple years. I'm addicted to Football Italia. I must check that site out at least 20x a day.

14. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
  15. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    We are looking at Heinze on a free transfer. Wouldnt be a bad pick up.

16. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Nah he's too old.

17. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Thanks for the heads up. I follow Roma and Sporting avidly (i.e. the other clubs I just kind of watch on t.v. if they're on). I read a tonne of Portuguese soccer rags, but don't really have anything for Roma, except Sky.it and romagallorossi.it, so I really have no idea where to get updates.

Anything I post here is I just try to provide info to people who don't hop around reading.

18. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I understand. I know Sporting fans as well. Some very dedicated avid supporters. I like to think since i'm a Roma fan i'm far superior lol

19. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heinze is 33. Maybe they're looking to him for depth. He can and has played both inside and outside in the back. If that's what they're looking at him for it could be decent for a year or two on free.

20. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Following Sporting and Roma is like watching NFL Football and Hockey. Two totally different situations, different economies, different leagues, different challenges, different types of players and different overall tactical schemes teams used.

I would like to think it makes me more well-rounded. If I lived in Rome or Lisbon, I could see the "Roma is religion, and there is no one else" argument, but I'm far removed from both....plus I just love watching footy all day on weekends :p

21. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    RUMOR: MENEZ REACHES AGREEMENT WITH MARSIGLIA

Might sign with them in days, no word on our fee.

22. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    It's very difficult being a supporter from abroad. I've never been to Italy or a game and lack that Ultra mentality. Here in North America, i have that NHL, NBA, NFL mentality. Where we have fans...not Ultras. Everyone is 'politically correct' here. That's why i invest so much time on these forums...keeps me connected to the true tifosi. I would be one of those fans that turn up at the training grounds yelling at Vucinic. :eek:

23. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Better get around 10m.

24. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I don't even care how much we get, good riddance I say.

25. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Now we know why Monaco was so eager to let him go. Their coach was wasn't praising him him either when they sold him. We should of known better.