Transfers & Rumors ** Give Me More **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Jul 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capitano_10

Capitano_10 Member+

Apr 18, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Apparently Sabatini is in talks with Pablo Zabaletas agent, probably going to cost us 10 million from Man City. I would be extremely happy with this signing

2. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    I'd be happy too!

------------------ Kameni ----------------
    --------------------------------------------
    Zabaleta - Burdisso - Juan - Jose Angel

3. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Apparently, the only people that are satisfied with signing Kameni are the ones that actually watched him. Everyone else thinks he's worse than Doni just because he had a couple of blunders over the years. Barthez had plenty of blunders, and he was still one of the best GKs in the world.

4. stugotz

stugotz Member+

May 20, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This is interesting...

[/FONT]http://football-italia.net/jul14g.html

5. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    I guess both offers would be fine. Finally someone who means business.

6. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I really don't want to sell Vucinic to put my chances in the hands of a 19 year old Lamela.

7. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    I agree, but he seems intent on leaving.

8. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    You guys talk on the phone?

9. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    selling vucinic shows weakness, same way buying kameni not stekelenburg.
    it shows we got no money yet again.
    we just cant give vucinic his demand? it seems he wants 3 million..and sabatini wont give him.

so what if lamela after 4 years demands vucinic demand? will we sell him as well? :(

10. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    No, but it's been said like a hundred times, and his agent was talking to Rube yesterday. I'd much prefer selling him to Bayern for real money if we already have to sell.
    On the other hand, Sabatini says that De Rossi will stay and that we are only halfway into our transfer market.

11. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Just because reporters are writing it doesn't make it true. How many times have reporters written a bunch of none sense?

Everyone was writing that we were getting Buffon. Day after day. It was a done deal.

We all know Vucinic is not happy, but no one knows at what level. It's an easy story to write. Did you ever consider that maybe Juventus is the one pushing the story so hard with the media? An effort to get us to accept their weak offer.

12. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Sabatini isn't gonna accept their offer, I'm sure of it.

13. AlCapone

AlCapone Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Haha, come on. Sabatini is literally every day stressing Vucinic wants to leave.

14. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Seems to me like he's answering their question. They ask and he responds. What's he supposed to respond to the question is it true Vucinic wants to leave? Every time he says it, he also says he is not going to sell him. He denied any negotiations with Juventus as well. We are being fed the story every day, but I doubt Mirko and his agent are calling Sabatini on a daily basis saying "Can we leave yet?" I don't think anyone can deny the media is pushing this story and is pushing it very hard in one direction.

If Arsenal can hold Fabergas, I don't see why we need to be bullied. Mirko Vucinic's contract expires in 2013. I see no reason to gift him to Juventus or any other team. If they want him they need to pay up. They paid 16 million for Pepe and 18 for Matri. By those figures they need to offer 25 to 30 million for Mirko Vucinic. We don't want to be a team that lives to serve players to the trio of cheater any longer. I would avoid selling him just to make that point.

As for the good Mirko if no team offers what we want they he has to accept it and deal with it. Next summer the door will be open for him to leave, and he will be able to get himself a nice raise only if he performs well during the season.

15. tomer48

tomer48 Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    i rly dont get why you want vucinic he had a horrible season and his out of passion and belive me he dosent want to leave roma just beacouse we dont let him the money he ask for he just sick tired from roma he dotn want us! he want bigger club! sell him now! for money and menez and buy 1-2 world class midlefielders like pastore etc.. that will help us 10x times then vucinic will we dont need strikers! lamela and bojan will be just fine!

16. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    In his horrible season he out scored Totti in open play. As a matter of fact if you take away Totti's penalties, Vucinic has outscored more than once. Lamela has everything to prove. He's Menez 2 at the moment, and anyone saying otherwise really doesn't understand a thing.

As far as I'm concerned if your smart you sell Vucinic next year, and if your stupid you sell him now.

That's just my opinion though ;)

17. AlCapone

AlCapone Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    He's telling the truth by answering their questions. It doesn't make any difference if you're asked or you tell as fact remains; Vucinic wants to leave. He wanted to leave in January and he doesn't let himself convince to stay. Vucinic and his agent would never call Roma to ask if they can leave; it doesn't make any sense. His agent should be busy inviting 20m offers for his client so he can leave, not pestering Sabatini on daily basis. Sabatini is just playing his cards right with his statements. If Bayern come with 20m he won't think twice before accepting.

Fabregas? Incomparable situations. Fabregas' wife (fiancee, girlfriend whatever) hasn't been hassled and insulted by the tifosi. He is their captain and he has a dream of playing for his childhood team. A dream, not an obsession. He's not someone constantly being booed and insulted by Arsenal fans. Vucinic finds himself in an uncomfortable situation, Fabregas finds himself in a situation where he dreams to play for Barca. He knows he will eventually anyway. He's 24 after all.

I hope Luis Enrique can convince him to stay, but until then there's no need to hide he wants to leave. It is very obvious.

18. AlCapone

AlCapone Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Sabatini confirms Lamela was always his first choice. Alvarez was only brought forward when it seemed he had lost out on Lamela.

19. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    There's a rumor of a strong interest from PSG for Juan. If they offer 10 million we should do it and get Kjaer. I hear he's already having muscular problems and training started yesterday.

20. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    With Vucinic, you never know... You don't know if he could completely reverse from last season, and play really well, in position this year

21. bingos

bingos Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I wonder would you strip off their penalties also Baggio, Messi, Ronaldo, Platini?

It is part of the game. To score the penalty is just as important for the team then scoring from open play, and not accidentally certain players are being choosen for the job (sometimes not even strikers). It takes a lot of technical skill and being calm in front the gate to do it years after years, when the goalkeepers themselves have statistics and know the penalty kickers as much as them the keepers.

as per Vucinic, who can garantee, that he will give his best for the team, if he stays despite his will to go? He doesn't have to make any special efforts, because Roma will have to sell him next year anyway. And it can have negative effects on the locker-room.

If he stays, it must be with a new contract, and if he sings one, it will shows he has a commitment to the team..

22. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    That's just silly. His contract expires in 2013, so next summer Roma need to either renew the player or sell him. Why would he not give his best in order to make teams not only be interested in him but also be willing to give him a big contract? He's 28 years old, and next summer is his chance to get a big contract either with Roma or another team. Mirko Vucinic can't afford not to give his all if we don't sell him.

23. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    its simple. Sabatini said we can give him 3 million and he will be happy.

so, if we dont resign him and he wants to leave its because he will have higher wages elsewhere.

the question to all here
    , what guarantees once Lamela reaches his potential he wont pull a vucinic?? he will demand high wages as well, and if we dont give him he will leave as well..

selling vucinic, shows we have not changed our mentality. its still not big team mentalty.

24. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Man do the people at Centro Suono Sport hate the new owners, bunch of Sensi loyalist. I hope Di Benedetto makes you pay double to enter the stadium.

25. bingos

bingos Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    It's not silly at all. Vucinic wanted to leave since January, it is no secret. He asked to being sold and Ranieri vetoed it. By the same logic, he should had work his ass off regardeless the fans behavior, because he would have wanted to leave and could make bigger clubs being interested in him. Instead, he slowly collapsed mentally, because he was not liked anymore.
    If last year he did not had the motivation, pride and commitment to overcome the booing, why you think he will overcome the disappointment over being forced to stay?

I would like him to stay, but only if it was a choice he peaceful with and no negativity around his decision. Otherwise he will fade.