Transfers & Rumors ** Give Me More **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Jul 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forza venti

forza venti Member

Jul 23, 2006
    MI
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Unfortunately, mental issues seem to be African keepers' MO. Not being racist or saying they're "dumb" at all, just making an observation on strictly what I've seen soccer-wise with them.

2. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    What happened to Stekelenburg??:confused:

I thought it was a done deal.

3. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    I'm going to throw this out there, purely my own idea, no link, no rumor and no spec. Thought of this after reading about him and his bust up with City (City's fault, not his) on Goal.com:

Emmanuel Adebayor on loan. Impeccable goal scoring record. Big, strong and quick(er) than our current strikers. Less of a liability than Marco Borriello.

<flame suit on>

4. tmontana52

tmontana52 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Philly- the 215
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Man i hope once Dibenedetto steps in we see us being linked with some quality players.. Right now we are being linked with the same players as teams such as Genoa and Fiorentina. I want players who are wanted by City, Chelsea, Madrid etc..

We need Baldini ASAP also.. he plays no games, if he wants Higuain, he will get us Higuain.

5. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    well its all players that are for the project, not neccessarily big name players who are in their prime; instead young players with a good deal of potential.

Idk anyone who would mind Higuain though

6. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Young players with high potential ceilings is the best way to re-tool, instead of 25-30 year olds with 8 digit transfer fees.

Kun Aguero certainly wouldn't mind Higuain coming to Roma.

7. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    We can't afford Higuain .. We can't afford Adebayor either (only mention him because someone brought him up). These players not only cost to much but their wages are out of our league.

It has nothing to do with Di Bendetto or Baldini. This is our new reality, we didn't get the sheik or eccentric billionaire.

For the record, they can spin it how they like, but we aren't getting Stenkelenburg because he costs too much. I refuse to believe the club wants the more expensive player and the coach the lesser.

8. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    On the Dutch forum an Ajax supporter said a few days ago that Stekelenburg wasn't really interested in moving to Serie A...maybe that's why Roma focused on other keepers.

9. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    JOSE ANGEL VALDES to ROMA for 5 years @ 700,000 euros per year. Sporting Gijon to receive 4.5 million. - Sky Sports

Jose Angel will arrive this afternoon in Rome to sign. Presentation Thursday?

10. tmontana52

tmontana52 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Philly- the 215
    Club:
    AS Roma
    That's BS.. I want at least 1 big "colpo grosso" to start off Dibenedetto's era..

Didn't James Pallotta say "Money isn't a problem" when he came to Rome for his visit?

Also i do not know much about Kemani but would prefer Curci

11. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Not sure about Higuian (i.e. whether Madrid is looking to sell or not).

But Man City wants Adebayor gone. So, I would say offering to cover 50% of his wages is better than them paying him 100% of his wages to sit in the reserves. For Man City money ain't a thang.

12. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Okaka's agent said he was surprised and sad to learn that Okaka had been omitted from the team that will travel Riscone for pre-season training.

Feel a bit sad for the lad, but he's really not our level of player, it's good they are going to finally let him go.

13. tmontana52

tmontana52 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Philly- the 215
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Wish we could say the same

14. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    We can make a friendly wager, but I don't believe it and I wouldn't put any stock in what Pallotta has to say. The guy is just a rich guy with a big mouth. All things considered he came all the way to Roma and didn't even go see a match. Just got himself some publicity, did some eating, and go on his jet and left.

Time will tell, the market is long and some deals only come around in August. However I'm convinced this is our profile, the president himself said it in every interview.

15. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    I'm on the fence about that.

Ultras and Trifosi may despise a free-spending Sheikh or Russian Billionaire, the same way some fans and foes despise Chelsea, Man City and now Malaga.

On the other hand, telling Zamp~ "here's 45 million euros for Pastore" without flinching would be hilarious.

16. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    People only hate other team's rich owners. Let's not kid ourselves. Had that Laziale Rosella Sensi not denied us George Soros would no one have been mad. Same goes if the dream of Aabar had manifested itself.

Manchester City is a club that had never played in Champions League, and after their entry this season it's very likely they will be in the tournament for a long time. I don't think any of the good people of Manchester are angry with how their fortunes have turned.

17. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
  18. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
  19. zako

zako Member+

May 11, 2006
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    You can not buy a first-choice keeper for 1.6 million €...At best, second, or even-third choice keepers are valued that much...

If we go for him just because of his price, I'll be hugely disappointed in Uncle Tom...

20. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If a sheik (or Soros) bought us, it wouldn't be the same as buying City. City rose from the dead riding a checkbook, and as soon as they lose interest, down City sinks once again.

Roma, and most other clubs that have had foreign investors in recent memory, has a little more soul and legend than City. Most people seem to want cash splashing abound, but I'm just happy we don't have to wait to sell our own to get anyone worthwhile.

I do know that I'll be livid if Lazio signs Pjanic though. I've wanted him forever.

P.S. DDR, Drogba still sucks. :p

21. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think Kameni is our only GK acquisition this summer. Especially if it's for a pound of ground beef. Didn't we pay more than that for Loria?

22. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    im surprised not more clubs went for Rosati he is a solid keeper im glad Napoli got him as are 2nd choice he can easily be are starting goal keeper.

23. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    For 1.6 million you can sign me and I'll do a helluva better job than Kameni (not once have I flubbed a pass like that in my years).

24. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't argue against Sugar-Daddy owners but those teams, City,Chelsea,etc will have to adjust when UEFA changes their financial standards and laws

25. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    City already has adjusted. Etihad Airlines agreed to sponsor their stadium, shirt, training facility and become the 'exclusive airline of Manchester City', for the princely sum of (reported) 400 million gbp.

Financial Fair Play.