Transfers & Rumors ** Give Me More **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Jul 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oban14

Oban14 Member+

Jul 5, 2006
    Illinois
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Nicky, why don't you just remove Roma from your foe list and put them in your Club along with Fiorentina :)

2. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Oh, he hates us alright. He's just one of those "keep friends close, but enemies closer" guys.

3. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Absolutely.

Anyway, I was researching guys you might have for Saturday's Supercoppa Primavera.

4. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nobody is on the Fiorentina boards, he wants friends.

5. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    I get most of my Fiorentina talk in the comments section of fiorentina.it, honestly. I do wish we had more Fiorentina talk here, though.

But anyway, quit trying to steer this off topic! :D

I was just filling ryo2mja in on one of your players.

6. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    NickyGialloRossi sounds nicer. :cool:

7. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    So we officialyl got Borini on loan as well then? Nice :D

8. tomer48

tomer48 Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    when is the presentation of gago pjanic kjaer and borini?

9. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    that is an awesome sleeper move, which I'm not sure isn't getting as much attention as it should be right now!! Maybe cause theres so much more madness going on.....

Borrini :D hahahah

10. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Luis Enrique must be feeling pretty good right now. He got almost all the pieces of the puzzle, now it's up to him to build it.

11. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    My guess is, save for a RB, a young DM and potentially a winger who can eventually become a striker. He received everything he asked for.

12. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It's not getting much attention because it's not that big of a deal. Borini? He didn't show much at Chelsea and has been pretty unspectacular for the U21 squad. He played well while at Swansea but it's in England's second division and is a limited sample size (a dozen matches maybe?). Plus, the buyout price isn't cheap. I mean, you're talking ~9M (if exercised) total for a player who hasn't really done much of anything yet in his career. But, lemme say that I hope he turns out to be a talent for the sake of Italian football.

13. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Agreed, additionally Milan landed Stephan El Shaarawy for 10 million. He has more pedigree and led Padova to the play-offs for promotion.

The loan signing is great, but the future fee is very unspectacular. Some might even say grossly inflated.

14. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yea, exactly. But, don't get me wrong: the kid is a talent and could turn out to be a gem. But, unless he's getting regular playing time ahead of the likes of Lamela, Pjanic, Totti, Krkic, Osvaldo, etc., and performing well with that time, then it will be harder to justify spending such a high amount on someone who may very well get only a handful of performances, many of which off the bench.

15. decola

decola Member+

Sep 12, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    borini led swansea to the play offs and helped them get promoted (6 goals in 9 games, won the penalty in the playoff final which gave swansea the lead) :cool:

16. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yea, he performed well in those nine games, nine games in the English 2nd division. But, look at this overall appearances - he didn't score two goals every three games with the Azzurrini or with Chelsea so don't expect such a high tally in Serie A. Either way, he's a good player to have signed so congrats on that.

17. Rellum

Rellum Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Brisbane
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Does anyone have the final full list of transfers both outgoing and incoming including outgoing and returning loans?

18. Rellum

Rellum Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Brisbane
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  19. ASRomaUSA

ASRomaUSA Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Sciacca, Agrigento