Transfers & Rumors Discussion Thread Vol. XVIII - FIFA mode on the Pepstation

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by Hendrik, Apr 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    isnt that robben body? this is just wrong in so many ways

Crisstti, JSS85, miasanmia and 1 other person repped this.
  2. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's a horrible job...his yellow kit is still all around his neck?

Matakos, miasanmia and Boandlkramer repped this.
  3. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This imo sounds like fitting your players to your system rather than fitting your system to what players you have. We are breaking defensive records left and right, I don't think our central defense is too bad. You have to remember that our #1 CB (until Dante came) got a season ending injury.

4. Fussballer

Fussballer Member+

Liverpool FC
    Sep 18, 2002
    In my head
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, we've seen what happens when Robben doesn't get playing time. He is as good as gone! Müller may be on the way out too, he's too good and vital to ride the bench though his last few games kind of warrant it.

Do I think Götze is worth both Robben and Müller's playing time? Nope, but GötRibs (you heard it here first!) will certainly be a force to contend.

Wouldn't it be ironic if Robben and/or Müller went to BvB? Certainly, a plausible situation if Götze comes. Can't see either slumming with lesser teams.

5. Nimreitz

Nimreitz Member+

Jun 25, 2003
    I think our defense could conceivably be better, but as you and I keep saying Martinez is one of the world's elite at DM. So we maybe move him to CB to fit one of our other players in the midfield... now we have a weak midfield defensively (Kroos-Schwein is shaky at best defensively) and possibly not even a better defender than the guys he is replacing. We absolutely have the option to play Martinez at CB, but that's not an ideal formation; he is so smart, strong, positionally astute, technical, etc that the team will only get worse if he is not playing DM.

6. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's just ridiculous

Müller isn't going anywhere and certainly not to Dortmund. We need at the very least five players for three positions.

Robben might leave but why would he go to a lesser club, earn less money and most importantly spend his time with players who ridiculed him last season. Not to mention that the fans hate him wholeheartedly. Not going to happen.

Crisstti, Matakos and Lahmfan repped this.
  7. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just bring Müller off the bench, he'll still get plenty of playing time. He's essentially Kroos, Schweinsteiger, Götze, and maybe even Ribery's backup. Just move Götze to the central midfield when Kroos and Schweinsteiger are out, or Götze to the left for when Ribery is out(though I'm not sure if Götze can play on that side and I guess Shaqiri should back that spot up). Anyways with good rotating, Müller will see plenty of playing time, as well as some important minutes coming off the bench if he doesn't get the start.

8. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    bring one world class player... take out 4 players ...

[​IMG]

bayern15, Kromme, humin12 and 2 others repped this.
  9. Nimreitz

Nimreitz Member+

Jun 25, 2003
    He did it all last season and probably would have done it again this year if Robben wasn't injured. People need to chill.

10. humin12

humin12 Member+

Sep 20, 2008
    Ferguson, Missouri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

11. .Azulgrana.

.Azulgrana. Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    So you took my thread idea, eh? You're welcome. ;)

Who, Spock?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cris, you crack me up with these Klinsmann jokes. :D

MatthausSammer and Matakos repped this.
  12. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Borussia Dortmund's interest in Kevin De Bruyne over the last week may make some more sense now.

13. Fussballer

Fussballer Member+

Liverpool FC
    Sep 18, 2002
    In my head
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to get Goetze but at what expense in terms of players lost? Further, there's a huge concern that dismantling one of the greatest Bayern teams of all time is probably not a good idea. Ya know, stuff like chemistry is important to winning, maybe more so than sheer talent.

Uli spent his money well last season and had some of the best buys Bayern has seen in decades. Next season, I'm not too confident it will be as fruitful.

Crisstti repped this.
  14. Nimreitz

Nimreitz Member+

Jun 25, 2003
    I mean, here's a serious question: what contribution has Robben honestly given to this team in 12/13 and specifically what has he done that Mario Gotze can't do? Take your time, but I'll answer your question.

At zero expense.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  15. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    maybe the only goal against BVB?

16. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Don't even act like Gotze is not an upgrade on Robben at the present time.

One is 29 and relies on sheer pace and one move (run down the wing, cut in and shoot) and is constantly injured.

The other is 20 and has already had better seasons than Robben ever had until he was 25, and is vastly more well rounded.

17. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Let's not act like we're not going to shut Europe down if we get Götze and possibly Lewandowski.

18. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    some people...

[​IMG]

see you guys on the game thread tomorrow..

keep it real

19. Nimreitz

Nimreitz Member+

Jun 25, 2003
    Want to look into the crystal ball? This team is set up for an unprecedented period of modern dominance.

2018 lineup:

Neuer (32)
    Lahm(34)-Boateng(29)-Badstuber(29)-Alaba(25)
    Martinez(29)-Kroos(28)
    Muller(28)-Gotze(25)-Shaqiri(26)
    Lewandowski(29)

Lahm will probably play forever. But seriously, holy shit. This would be a world class XI that has played together for FIVE YEARS, and in the case of some players, as many as 9 years. All hitting their prime at the same time. And this would assume only one more transfer for five years (completely implausible), when we all know the reality is that some of these players will be UPGRADED.

20. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Transfer is supposed to be officially announced later today according to Ruhr Nachrichten.

Matakos repped this.
  21. Nimreitz

Nimreitz Member+

Jun 25, 2003
    Just so everyone is on the same page, we're all clear that Dortmund will face Bayern in the CL final, it will go to penalties, and Gotze will miss the decisive one.

Matakos repped this.
  22. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    i thought you were talking about Dante for a second.

Fernando_Bayern_BR repped this.
  23. heynckes' hanging leftnut

Feb 27, 2013
    What is bad about this story is not that Götze wants to go to Bayern, but that he has lied all the way about a possible move. He had chances to speak the truth like Lewandowski and Hummels have, but always chose not to while doling out statements of near-eternal loyalty when the opportunity has arisen. Sometimes the fans in DO are unrealistic with their expectations, in which case he should not have played along with them and used the goodwill for all kinds of benefits. The fans are the most important part of that club - they were saved in 2005 because creditors realised the payback from having such a large and attached fan-base in years to come. He's gained the trust of the fans and then lied to them. Terrible thing to do.

The fans will understand in the end, but not lieing makes that process much, much quicker and easier for everyone.

24. heynckes' hanging leftnut

Feb 27, 2013
    How do people here feel about the "competitive Bundesliga"?
    It will probably never happen when Bayern keeps on using their financial advantage like this. The worst part about that for the rest of the league is that Bayern got a lot of that advantage by breaking rules and getting away with it over decades..and continue to do so. Until that changes, there will not be a competitive league.

25. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    are you asking the question and then answering it?

Dhajj repped this.