Transfers & Rumors Discussion Thread Vol. XVIII - FIFA mode on the Pepstation

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by Hendrik, Apr 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Götze was born in Bavaria wasnt he? ;)

2. GarmischaBua

GarmischaBua Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    This feels wrong. Like taking candy from a baby except that the baby caringly spent 5 years developing the skills of this candy and bonding with it before we then took it away. And it's like by far the baby's best candy and this baby isn't even a bad one to be eaten by if you are a good candy..

3. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [​IMG]

4. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I feel kinda dirty from this move. I know it's business and usually, I don't really care about others but this feels a little off. Especially if we take Lewandowski and Goetze, all the talk about rivalry is total bs from our management. Not that this is their first round at "another episode of hypocrisy & contradiction featuring Hoeness, Rumenigge & Co."

Taking Goetze in a few years IMO would be nice, as this is a little too cruel for Robben. It doesn't feel right at all to be honest. He shouldn't be kicked out of the team. I hope this isn't another "false 9" bullshit, Goetze needs to play AM/RW and nowhere else.

Would this spell the end of the Dutchman?

Crisstti repped this.
  5. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    He is from Memmingen just like Badstuber. His grandfather has told in interviews that he and his brothers have slept in FC Bayern bed sheets.

6. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    There are a lot of possible scenarios but I don't think it'll necessarily hit Arjen Robben. Like we talked about earlier our transfer interest in Rode makes a lot more sense with Kroos playing the central midfield role under Guardiola. Possibly with Martínez dropping into central defense which might be the reason why we're not looking for a new CB. Martínez, Boateng, Dante, Badstuber + Kirchhoff would be plenty quality and quantity. Leaving Müller, Robben, Shaqiri Götze and Ribéry for 3 positions which isn't all that much.

Obviously there is also the scenario where Götze plays wide and Kroos stays as CAM which would leave Müller and Robben pretty much screwed.

Crisstti and Equilibrium repped this.
  7. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm not a fan of this move AT ALL. Martinez is a good defensive midfielder and I hate this ridiculous transition of playing players out of position. It was a pretty dumb move at Barca, it was a dumb move by LvG here and I think this move wouldn't make us better either imo.

One of our strongest strengths this year (defense), would take a heavy hit if we make such tactical change. Frankly, I like Martinez too much in midfield to move him, similar case to Alaba.

Crisstti repped this.
  8. Nimreitz

Nimreitz Member+

Jun 25, 2003
    You guys feel dirty? Do as I do and bathe in the tears of 80,000 bumblebees. It's cleaned me right up; I feel tremendous.

9. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

I just feel like if true, we should be respectful of our BvB fans that frequent this site.

Crisstti, Dhajj, Cris 09 and 2 others repped this.
  10. Nimreitz

Nimreitz Member+

Jun 25, 2003
    Completely agree and I think Pep will see that as well. Martinez is just too good at DM and quite frankly the other options (Piggy and Kroos, or Gustavo) aren't tremendously appetizing. I think Muller is the one on the out, but that's a role he has played effectively when needed and I'm sure he'll understand and relish the challenge to win his spot back. At the very least, look at it through the lens of 5 years from now: Ribery, Robben, and Schweinsteiger will be too old and this way we are grooming "replacements" in the first team squad for several years: Kroos for Piggy, Shaqiri for Ribery, and Gotze right in the middle of it all.

I'm not going to the BVB board and no one else should go over there and gloat either. But on the Bayern board we should all be ecstatic at adding one of the top players in the world and weakening a direct rival.

11. arif

arif Member

Oct 20, 2006
    Remember when we signed lucio ballack and ze roberto from the same team :devilish:

12. Ricken

Ricken Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah but that move would alone would yet again prove that in Germany there is one team and than there are 17 others fighting for second. I love Gotze obviously but i was also getting to enjoy the multi team success the Buli was having in Europe, although i have a feeling Laetner will be the next big thing in Dortmund.

13. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Martínez is actually a CB and a CDM unlike Gustavo, Mascherano, etc. so I don't see the issue here. He said it himself, he doesn't care whether he plays in defense or midfield but is eager to help the club where he's needed.

14. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    wait till tomorrow were BILD main title on their website.

"Bayern fans, you all got trolled"
    with this picture
    [​IMG]

Bazi and Boandlkramer repped this.
  15. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  16. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The problem isn't if he's good elswhere, it's that he's arguably one of the two best players in the world in that position and I don't want him to move from there. While at CB, we the Dante and Boateng/Badstuber for the other place (and Buyten, don't worry Hendrik), it isn't as if we are in need...

17. humin12

humin12 Member+

Sep 20, 2008
    Ferguson, Missouri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Supplies, guys! It turns out we support FC Hollywood and not beloved cinderallas, Sankt Pauli. Don't think too much about it and just try to enjoy watching a really, really good player.

And in all of this, everybody is talking about Gotze being a replacement for Robben, aging Ribery, even Gomez, Boateng, Muller, Gustavo looking likely to be out. Where in the world does Kroos earn himself this permanent starting position? Gotze better be replacing him at CAM and not any other offensive player.

Nimreitz and Boandlkramer repped this.
  18. ToBlockIdiots

ToBlockIdiots Member+

Feb 18, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    We've got to give Uli some credit here. I guess he meant it when he said he doesn't want the Bundesliga to be a two team league...

[​IMG]

19. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Uli;

"Hey, hey...so who's the fool that continuously writes up all these 'escape' clauses in Dortmund's player contracts? Jurgen Klinsmann???"

20. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Humin, one day i am gona convince you to like Kroos.

Matakos and humin12 repped this.
  21. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    LOL not this shit again lol

22. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'd prefer Gotze over Lewandowski by a long shot.

The fact that he is Bavarian makes it feel legitimate to me.

23. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I understand your argument but think about it for a moment.

Pep Guardiola is probably the most possession oriented coach of all times. Bayern München is already the second most possession orientated football club in Europe.

A central midfield with Kroos and Schweinsteiger would definitely be another step up in terms of footballing quality, quality in possession and dominance.

The right center back position is arguably the weakspot of an extremely good team and I just can see Martínez working extremely well there with his toolset of aerial superiority, excellent challenges and anticipation as well as his superior footballing abilities compared to Boateng and van Buyten.

That being said, I've got no problem with Martínez staying where he is because I agree that he's phenomenal. Just thinking through some scenarios here.

Crisstti and Matakos repped this.
  24. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany