Transfers & Rumors Discussion Thread Vol. XVII Habemus Götze???

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by Hendrik, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. albert_mk87

albert_mk87 Member+

Aug 27, 2008
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    plus there is Goretzka who has big potential and Bayern is interested. If we buy Rode i don't see why Goretzka then will come to Bayern we will have Rode 22,Martinez 24,Can 17, Hojberg 18. Too many players. I would rather they give more chances to Can and buy Goretzka.

2. Matakos

Matakos Member+

May 18, 2009
    Macedonia, Greece
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Can is almost 19

3. PaoloFCB

PaoloFCB Member+

Mar 22, 2011
    Roma-Italia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ..............tomorrow lol:p

4. GarmischaBua

GarmischaBua Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Don't know much about the Goretzka kid, but from what I gathered I thought he was an AM/winger? Is he actually DM? If so I see the dilemma.

In any case I think it's awesome we are buying up all the top talent. Our 2. mannschaft is trying to get promoted, and once they do, the 3. BL is not a bad development playground at all. We can develop relationships with smaller clubs through loans, so the quality of the league need not diminish.

Signing these players early in their careers is also financially more sensical, since if their Bayern career doesn't go over we can cut the player loose with minimal loss compared to trying to sell a past-it player with an inflated wage.

I think Sammer has had a major impact on our transfer policy for the better, but there will always reactionaries who are unhappy with the current model.

5. PaoloFCB

PaoloFCB Member+

Mar 22, 2011
    Roma-Italia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    kind me lol:D

6. Philipp Lahm

Philipp Lahm Member+

Feb 24, 2010
    Russian Federation
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    TZ reports about Guardiola's agent seen in Munich.

Boandlkramer repped this.
  7. SoccerMIGermany

SoccerMIGermany Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    OC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Confirmation of what everyone knows. Bayern is considering Guardiola as one of their options. Best not to get too worked up, though. Guardiola has been saying he will decide in February and Sammer has said that they will not comment on the coaching situation at Bayern until March. With as many clubs interested as there are and Heynckes & Co. leading the league it's going to be a while before we hear anything from either side.

Philipp Lahm repped this.
  8. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They're probably throwing everything his way to try and convince him. Wouldn't surprise me if one of the wings at the Allianz Arena was named "Pep".

9. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    In case you didn't know already in Munich we have a shopping center that is indeed called "PEP" :D

Matakos repped this.
  10. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    It'll be amazing if we can get him, prepare yourselves for some kickass football.

Dhajj repped this.
  11. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Who would he add or bench if he came?

Would he bring up any of our youngsters?

Or upcoming German talent in the league?

12. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I don't know you can only speculate. My guess is he'll make real good work of martinez, schweini and kroos because they're the type of players who would fit into a barcelona squad no problem. He'll also be really big on badstuber because of his passing.

My concern would be someone like ribery, who hangs onto the ball for very long, as well as gomez. It'll be a challenge for sure.

Finally, you can bet he'll use younger players were need be.

13. bayern15

bayern15 Member

Jan 18, 2006
    whatever he does, i hope he brings a lot of luck. Because that's what has kept us from winning those 2 CL in the last 3 years. Personally, i see him as another Mourinho. He will only go to the team that will give him the best chance of winning. That's why he is shopping around. Right now, Bayern has probably the best team in europe, bar barcelona, and that's why he will most likely choose us. Our best players will peek in the next 2-3 years, which makes bayern the perfect place for Guardiola. He will jump ship right after that.

14. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yea but does it have a giant wall with his face on it?

That' what the panels on the AA might look like at night should Pep be hired.

15. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Lol well any coach wants to look for the team that gives him the best chance of winning anything else would be stupid. That being said, I do believe that Chelsea have a huge case for him because they have a fantastic squad, and just bought one of the worlds best strikers. I think he likes the fact that we are keen on bringing young players into the squad.

bayern15 repped this.
  16. shealygg

shealygg Member

Jul 5, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I've actually been there... :)

17. Vasu

Vasu Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree that Martinez and Schweini are his kind of players, but I don't know about Kroos. The Barcelona system has 3 basic parts: passing, movement and pressing. Kroos has amazing passing average movement and decent pressing. That's 2 areas he needs to work on. Ribery won't be a problem. He's not as selfish as he was a few years back. Even Pep's system generally used direct wingers like Villa or Sanchez on the left. Robben, however may be a problem.

18. Hendrik

Hendrik Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Deutschland
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Heynckes to hold talks on Bayern future

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...es-and-bayern-to-hold-talks-on-future?cc=5739

Di Matteo and Scholl? :eek:

19. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Please no di matteo.....

Boandlkramer repped this.
  20. makkay

makkay Member

Sep 5, 2005
    do you really want Pep? considering the way we are going right now, would it not be a safer bet just to stick with Jupp for a while? you know more than me. what would be the pros and cons of having Pep? i myself would like things to stay the way they are and keep Heynkes beacuse I do not know what will happen if we got Pep. I would also like to wait and see him succeed at another team before we bring him in

Crisstti repped this.
  21. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It may not be up to Bayern wether JP stays or not.

The man may just want to retire and relax.

22. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  23. Matakos

Matakos Member+

May 18, 2009
    Macedonia, Greece
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Who said Pep will not adjust his style to Bayern and will stubbornly try to create Barca's system out of our players?

24. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Pep bought Ibrahimovic to play in the striker role but Messi asked to play there instead and look at his team afterwards. Do people think Pep is a ********ing idiot that he can't adjust the style of Barca even a small amount and make it fit with Bayern? If he is that mediocre, I don't think anyone should be asking for him to join FCB, but I doubt that's the case.

25. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Jupp is becoming 68 years old this season. And you want to continue with him for a while? Are you serious? And professional coach is not an easy job at all.

If you have the chance to get a top coach like Pep as successor for Heynckes you have to f#cking try it. Next year Guardiola won't be on the market and as he wants to get back into job this year for the upcoming season and if makes a good choice he'll be off the market for a few years. So it is either now or maybe in 10 years if he is still into coaching by then. German coaching candidates are unconvincing and I prefer Guardiola over all other international coaches with enough pedigree. So Guardiola now or maybe never

Matakos and Boandlkramer repped this.