Transfers & Rumors Discussion Thread Vol. XVI [R]

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by Hendrik, Jul 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Im assuming that with the loan he'd be here in 2014. Holtby replaces Müller, Müller replaces Robben.

2. albert_mk87

albert_mk87 Member+

Aug 27, 2008
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We don't need Holtby.When Robben is gone i hope we go after players like Gotze.

Dhajj repped this.
  3. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol, Holtby. Bayern is too big for him

Equilibrium and Matakos repped this.
  4. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. BVB would be a great next stop for him. A club that has a proven track record with young players and successfully turning them out.

5. Fernando_Bayern_BR

May 5, 2010
    Belo Horizonte - Bra
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thanks but no thanks then ...

6. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I'm sure that would go over great with BVB fans :)

7. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

He's played just about everywhere but the move won't happen. It doesn't make sense.

Matakos repped this.
  8. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Holtby to bayern is BS. In the BL, the players we would need are either Gotze or reus

If we would take anyone from Schalke i would even prefer Draxler in a couple of years (if he continues to develop the way he is)

bayern15 and Matakos repped this.
  9. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I really really want Götze. Him and Neuer are my favorite players.

10. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Don't worry, his agent already denied it.

11. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Definetly need replacements to fill robbery gaps once the phase out..

Muller and shaq alone would be too thin..

12. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Well, neither was Arsenal until recently. Besides, if a big club make a bid for gustavo, who says he won't take it?

All I'm saying is that we shouldn't get rid of our youth prospects especially if they're as talented as Can.

13. Donauwelle

Donauwelle Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    It still takes awhile to plan ahead. Hojbjerg will come up from the amateurs next season, too. He is a very great prospect - Scholl says he is already to good for the U23 - he is 17. He seems not only to be a talent but he is hard working for it, too. Even if he is the CAM down there he will probably used as an allround offensive midfielder first.

That U19-team (not the current U23 - apart from Hojbjerg there only seems bench material - what you need - but nobody that can challenge the first team) has some really great prospects.

In my eyes Bayern should in the future buy top class - and combine it with own youth. Like said, this U-19 seems to be a year like Schweinsteiger/Lahms or Müller/Badstubers with maybe 3 or 4 players that could be at least good enough. To tell more - like if one of them can make it to be a "star" player is to early to say.

14. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    isn't that why we bought weiser?

15. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Weiser is still a gamble. From what you hear: he's talented, he's showing promise and he can play on the flanks.

I assume he could be rather our next rb than rw.

16. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    next rb? Our 2 fullbacks are playing like this for the next 4 - 5 seasons easy.

17. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Here let me lend you this:

[​IMG]

odd1234 repped this.
  18. woodythenetminder

Mar 18, 2008
    DC area
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If any area needs to be addressed in the Winter Transfer window is has to be in Abwehrspiel. With Badstuber's injury we are stretched defensivelly with the options of Contendo, Rafinha and van Buyten. None of which are convincing. Dropping Javi Martinez is a very strong option pairing with Dante in central, moving Boeteng to the left side opposite Lahm on the right provides a viable solution in the short term. Alaba could drop back on the right side if needed. However, this is temporary fix at best.
    The market is not really that promising right now with top defensive talent. Thus, it becomes more imperative to press on this front to add depth along with speed. This is imperative as we process in the CL knockoput stages to add depth along with talent.

19. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Hmm, I don't believe that is the case. Sammer recently said that if the squad want to remain reliable and stable over the next 6 - 7 years we have to build a solid youth foundation, which I completely agree with. Buying another CB is not going to happen, not with our squad at least.

We are, far, far better off seeing the season with Dante and Boateng. Not only can we drop Martinez back, but Gustavo/Tymo are also fair game if necessary. I'm certain we'll continue to do very well both in europe and the league, and no - we don't need to make another purchase. What Heynckes could do is to bring someone from the youth team to train with the first team and see how that goes.

Fernando_Bayern_BR repped this.
  20. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Wait, you see another option? Lahm is 29 and entering his peak, and Alaba is a top player. I don't see the need for Weiser to play as a fullback if he can ply his trade as a winger because that's were we will need him.

21. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Gotze would cost around the same Martinez did, and besides - BVB would be shooting themselves in the head, multiple times, if they let us buy him. A better purchase would be Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo.

22. GarmischaBua

GarmischaBua Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yeah, we can all dream, but it's just completely unlikely a Goetze deal would ever happen btwn BVB and Bayern.

The only possible scenario I could imagine would be if he was signed by a big club with shitty management like Chelsea or Madrid and struggles for form or playing time. Then Bayern could pull a Robben-esque move to entice him back to the BL, but even then I can't imagine him being real intent on joining the club.

23. albert_mk87

albert_mk87 Member+

Aug 27, 2008
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    well according to the media Gotze has a release clause so if Bayern wants to buy him in 2014 they don't even need to negotiate with Dortmund. If he doesn't have a release clause then i agree there is no way that Dortmund will sell Gotze to Bayern.

Even if he has release clause we will see if Gotze would like to come to Bayern or maybe go abroad. It's to early to talk about that now

24. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Excellent ;)

I would rather keep German talent at home then abroad..

I careless about making foreign teams better....

25. Hendrik

Hendrik Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Deutschland
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And Bayern would happily pay whatever it takes to get him.

[​IMG]

Matakos repped this.