Transfers and Rumors Discussion Thread Vol. XIV [R]

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by ForeverRed, Jan 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Who is up next in the "baseless criticism" order? Either way, have at it.

1 person likes this.
  2. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well then...there's always loyalty! lol

Didn't they learn ANYTHING from Dortmund?! STFU and just make announcements once the deed is done! Stating intent just wakes up all the usual suspects (madrid, juve, etc..) and drives up the price!

3. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If it's not Coentrao, I don't care. :p

4. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't wait to hear them try and convinxce us that piggy coming back from injury is like a new signing. Gotta love the silly season

5. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I thought you were an Ozil fan!? :eek:;)

6. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hendrik,

I am waiting for updates from Ulli about our potential "Voltron" in defence

7. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    apparently its Howedes ...

8. shap_half

shap_half Member+

Oct 17, 2010
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I just saw this on Twitter. I'm reluctant to believe it considering how poorly he's been performing this season. If he were planning on moving to Bayern, it would have made more sense for his international ambitions to do it last summer. But whatever, I don't really count on Goal.com, which is where I read about this, to be breaking news. That site's business is really in rumor-mongering and grammatical errors.

9. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    not a single disagreement on anything you said!

10. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think Höwedes has done quite well this season, think "poor" is a bit harsh. Either way, he's a quality player. What confuses me about this, should it be true, is what happens to Boateng. It would be redundant for either to be pushed out to RB.

11. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Not to mention most of the 'articles' are pathetically written, providing little to no analytical insight whatsoever.

12. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Would be meaningless really. He's not a RB, he should be playing the middle where he belongs.

13. shap_half

shap_half Member+

Oct 17, 2010
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It would be extremely stupid to have two players fighting over one position they don't even want to play, especially when both are probably better options over the players playing their desired positions. I'm assuming that once Euros are over one or both of them will be vying to return to CB.

14. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting purchase. Are they purchasing him as cb or rb. What does it mean for Boetang, rafihna and or Breno

15. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yea it makes little sense from the players perspective. Unless Bayern see Boateng as a long term RB option, but that wouldn't make him happy according to what he said. Too many discrepancies here.

16. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Howedes isn't a 'bomb' striker.

To me this translates to a world class striker...

17. checkmate

checkmate Member

May 14, 2007
    Adelaide
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Do you think Howedes can improve our backline?

I have mixed feeling for him. Rarely watching S04 games,and WHEN I did he failed to impress me most of the time.

But I remember him being very good in U- National Teams.

18. Philipp Lahm

Philipp Lahm Member+

Feb 24, 2010
    Russian Federation
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcbjLXFsMLs&feature=related"]Schalke 0-2 FC Bayern (Höwedes) - YouTube[/ame]

[​IMG]

Nice move Uli, don't even try to get an experienced top class CB.

19. Viper87

Viper87 Member

Oct 13, 2008
    Kicker says Reus wanted a guaranteed starting place in order to sign for Bayern.

20. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The Bayern FO look more and more like sore losers. It's embarassing.

21. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    He is quite good in the air, very powerful defender. But it doesn't solve the inexperienced nature of our backline. Most certainly talented, though having him and Boateng compete to start is not a wise decision, by any means. When did they say they'll announce his arrival?

22. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Howedes - Here we go again...FO can take a lesson from BvB on how to acquire the signature of a wanted player. What will make it complicated is that I expect teams like Juventus or Madrid to 'show interest' next. Happens every time. Given our track record with the last few top picks, this concerns me.

23. albert_mk87

albert_mk87 Member+

Aug 27, 2008
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nerlinger is a drama queen i guess he likes to talks more than he likes to work now even Dortmund are attacking Nerlinger and they are right he should just STFU

24. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While I agree with all of you on Boateng's 'best' position... I think it is a pipe dream at this point for us Bayern fans to think this is where he 'will' play. Jupp has clearly shown he favors Jerome over Rafinha (perplexing, I know) and thus needs to back up at CB. I think it also paves the way for Bayern to potentially take a pass on Breno given all the poor lad's shortcomings this year and either help him re-establish himself (2nd team) or loan him out.

....or....

it very well could be that Van Buyten will finally be asked to be our reserve striker ahead of Peterson and behind Gomez! LOL!! (half kidding)

------------------

Regarding Reus, why wouldn't he look for a team where 1st team action was all but guaranteed? Sure it would be nice to have him at Bayern, but we don't.

Time to move on.

25. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Howedes? Wow, it's as if I had a pre-yawn and it turned out to be the right move. Hope there's no truth to this but it seems the type of move the FO would make. Will it improve our team, yeah. I don't find him that special for one, and he or Boateng will play RB, both who are horrendous going forward.

Let me repeat, horrendous going forward. Robben needs a player that is technical a bit and knows when to pass and overlap while pulling a player away when Robben has the ball, so basically not either of the two.

Can we fire him? :D Seriously since his arrival we can't stop talking to the media about our players. Bayern FO always tends to be quite about their dealings, half the time no one knows until the deal is done. That was a great move on our part, not mentioning them catches opposition off guard. We lost Reus to Dortmund, talking about it makes us sore loosers but I'm glad they look like idiots.

Maybe next time they think before mouthing off like a bunch of dunces. :rolleyes: Nerlinger with the Vidal and Reus cases has been in spectacular form. :rolleyes: