Transfers and Rumors Discussion Thread Vol. XII [R]

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by ForeverRed, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I looked it up and you're right. He participated in 66 of the last 70 Bundesliga games. It seems that I was deceived by the four times he had to turn down the invitation to the national team. But it still seems odd.

By the way: I believe that I just realized why we signed Nils Petersens besides being a decent young striker. If we don't get far in the Champions League we still get an award:

Prettiest Center Forwards in European Football

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. |)ieRoten

|)ieRoten New Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Where's the bitching and whining about signing Rafinha now? ;):p:D

5.5 Mio. What a steal.

3. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    He wasn't the ideal candidate and remains so, having Coentrao would have made us much better he's versatile, powerful, fast and unimaginably skilled. Rafinha is doing well, but one great and crucial goal doesn't mean everything. However, for 5.5 million, its a great buy - just not the kind of buy you would want for a team challenging for the CL..

4. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Maybe you should look at the team that went to the 99 final and won the 01 CL, see what kind of signings for a team "challenging for the CL" they were. Most expensive doesn't mean the signing Bayern needs to compete in Europe. Anyways it's early days still for Rafinha.

5. PaoloFCB

PaoloFCB Member+

Mar 22, 2011
    Roma-Italia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    we payd 7 for Rafinha dude......

6. Leinad

Leinad Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    Düsseldorf
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Coentrao doesn't really look better for Real than Rafinha does for us and yes I know that he plays in CM atm though that is obviously better for him, makes his defensive problems less obvious.
    I wouldn't be surprised if he rides the bench once Khedira and Sahin are available.
    Besides that I think Rafinha won't have a problem to compete in the CL. He was already decent in the CL for Schalke and so far there can't be a single complain about Rafinha's performances.
    More important is that he seems to become better with each game and is now also more aggressive in going forward though that Müller plays ahead of him might make this easier.
    I think he is starting to show why he was once rated the best FB in the BL right after Lahm.
    Maybe this might become a transfer like Salihamidzic, a player everyone thought would fail at Bayern and then became such an important and reliable player for us.

7. Loddar

Loddar Member

Oct 12, 2009
    Herzogenaurach
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He uses Euro and you seem to use Dollar!^^

8. PaoloFCB

PaoloFCB Member+

Mar 22, 2011
    Roma-Italia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No I used Euro cause I remember well in Italy FC Genoa internet site sayd that the price was 7 millions Euro but maybe I missed something:)

9. Loddar

Loddar Member

Oct 12, 2009
    Herzogenaurach
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well all the German sources I read, said 5,5 Mio Euro too.

10. PaoloFCB

PaoloFCB Member+

Mar 22, 2011
    Roma-Italia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    np the price, if Rafinha will play like yesterday we're ganz ok for the rest of the season, the trouble now we have other 2 players injured and Fraglich for Gelsenkircken, van Buyten, no problem, and SuperMario, hope Gomez will be fit on sunday:)

Sincerely yesterday I didnt understand the choice of Heynckes putting DvB CB and Boateng RB......anyway for only 20 minutes cause the injury of "Dick" van Buyten

11. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Correcto. We have quite good connections to several Italian clubs like Napoli and Florence. The Napoli president returned us a favor because we let them loan Luca Toni for a reasonable sum when they really needed a striker so they didn't use our big name to demand a huge transfer fee for Rafinha.

12. PaoloFCB

PaoloFCB Member+

Mar 22, 2011
    Roma-Italia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yep:)

13. Loddar

Loddar Member

Oct 12, 2009
    Herzogenaurach
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Not totally correct here Bazi!^^ We loaned Luca Toni to Roma and then sold him later to Genoa CFC, who are also the club we bought Rafinha from. So the Genoa president returned us a favour for letting move Luca Toni on a free transfer if I am right.
    Furthermore Rafinah was a flop at Genoa and struggled to adapt to Italian style of football.

14. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ah right, and then they sold him to Juventus. To be honest I was more focused on our brilliant performances in the second half of 09/10 than on how Luca Toni is doing in Italy. :D

15. Loddar

Loddar Member

Oct 12, 2009
    Herzogenaurach
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You are forgiven then!;)

16. PaoloFCB

PaoloFCB Member+

Mar 22, 2011
    Roma-Italia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No, he's been not a flop with Genoa, 4 example a goal by him decided a derby with Sampdoria, very important if u consider that Sampdoria has been ruled out into "serie b", so Rafinha has been an idol for Genoa's fans, but Genoa with Gasperini played 3-4-3 and Rafinha was habitued to play with a Vierarkette so in the Bayern system or before with Schalke he give out the best performances and I'm glad to have him with us:)

17. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I am not saying he'll be a problem, but Coentrao looks like pure class. A solid player, very versatile whose attacking potential can be somewhat curbed with good managerial discipline. There is a huge difference between him and Rafinha, but Rafinha was a decent purchase nonetheless.

18. BayernSooner

BayernSooner Member

Aug 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I'll take a 6M Rafinha over a 30M Coentrao if they spend that remaining money wisely (Reus please!)

19. PaoloFCB

PaoloFCB Member+

Mar 22, 2011
    Roma-Italia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Last year Reus saved gladbach from relegation, he's a really good player who could give a break to Robben, when fit, or Ribery, but now he's linked to english teams, we'll see.....:)

20. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like Coentrao and he has shaped up very well in Mourinho's side, but not for that money.

Rafinha has been a Lahm clone, which is exactly what Bayern needed. He has been a god-send!

-------------

with Reus, perhaps in the Winter we will make a push for him, once we see how Usami will pan out (perhaps go out on loan).

21. Bayern4Life

Bayern4Life Member+

Aug 22, 2004
    That's the problem, he's actually loaned to us. I'm not sure if you can loan a player that's already loaned to you. Anyone know the rules on that?

22. SuperJville

SuperJville Member

May 7, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    No, you can not.

I think Bayern see the Usami loan deal more as a "trial" that lasts a year, lol. He will get his opportunities against lesser teams and in friendlies, as well as in clean-up duty, which should give them enough exposure to make the decision that he can or can not help this team in the future.

23. PaoloFCB

PaoloFCB Member+

Mar 22, 2011
    Roma-Italia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    exactly:)

24. Nimreitz

Nimreitz Member+

Jun 25, 2003
    I'm willing to write Usami off already. I think if Heynckes liked what he saw he would be seeing the field. Would like to see Reus at Bayern, but I'm afraid he'll end up like all the other guys like Schlaudraff and Baumjohann and all the other guys who came in and didn't get a chance. Maybe Reus is a better player than those guys, but it happened to Poldi too; it's just not easy as a young player to sit on the bench all the time.

Hey Paolo; miss ya at home. Just me talking to myself now. :(

25. SoccerMIGermany

SoccerMIGermany Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    OC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I'm not surprised that Usami has not featured much. He's very young and he's out of his cultural element both in terms of living and in style of play. That's quite the learning curve to overcome. To be honest I thought that people were far too quick to call for him when we had other players that looked far more ready to go. Usami is somewhere between a project and a trial for us, certainly not a regular first-team player. He has to grow a lot before we can even tell if he's worth a longer look.

Let him get experience on the lower team as he can or let him determine if the culture shock is too much for him right now. If he starts to settle in then maybe we can create some good will for down ther road when he's a more complete player.

Otherwise I'd prefer that Alaba and Kroos continue to get more time. Neither of them is likely to be a long-term solution at wing, but both deserve the time more.