Transfer Thread, Pt. II!

Discussion in 'Olympique de Marseille' started by MetroChile, Apr 21, 2009.

1. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Apology accepted. ;)

2. Cazlon

Cazlon Member

Aug 17, 2005
    Pretoria/Berlin
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Over the last two years Cheyrou has been the best passer on the team. Lucho did alright, but he certainly wasn't the guy making the difference.

3. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Im a huge Lucho fan and I dont understand why he wants to leave I mean all you hear about is how great a club Marseiller is to play for yet so many players cant wait to get out of there. Ive pretty much reisgned to the fact that he'll be gone.

4. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    L'Equipe is saying they are looking at getting a left sided midfielder this winter to make up for the loss of Andrew Ayew to the African Cup of Nations. They also said Gignac and Lucho could pack their bags and they would recruit a striker if they dump Gignac.

5. Tsigalko

Tsigalko Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    After the fulham loan fiasco who will take him? Maybe he can go back to Martigues and their awesome stadium. I also fear that Jordan Ayew latest showings will mean that he'll be off to Africa as well.

So we could be without Diawara, A Ayew, J Ayew & Kabore for a month or so. Atleast Cameroon didn't qualify. Definitely the hardest hit of the top teams though Sow will be missed in Lille considering their depth of strikes.

6. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France

hey, i've seen plenty of matches in francis turcan! it is indeed a s***hole, but there are worse: nungesser was, f-coty still is and always will be, le stade du ray is not much better.

7. Tsigalko

Tsigalko Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    I actually wasn't hating, the stadium is a dump but the surrounding area is really picturesque, I always liked stadium's that are close to the water.

Stade du Ray is a dump but I think I'll miss the unique look of it, as a television viewer that is.

8. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i realize that, and i had the same thought you did about that area. if FCM had stayed in L1 they could have done something very nice there.

and the stade du ray does indeed have a wrigleyesque je ne sais quoi about it!

9. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I just noticed today that Mamadou Niang's club won the Asian Champions League. He hasnt even been there that long. There's also 2 former Lyon players on that team.

10. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    kader keita and nadir belhadj... two of our greatest recruiting successes!

11. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    dixit his agent fauderchico simonie-ane: "Lucho wants to play in a better league than Ligue 1: Serie A, La Liga and Premier League are examples of those leagues."

he'd do well to start playing decently in L1 first!

i'd like to play in a better league than L1 too, instead of just kicking it around sunday mornings with a bunch of wheezing 40 somethings... but i'm just not good enough. get a grip gentlemen!

12. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    So, any rumours about players we mite sign? Specially considering we're gonna be down a couple of guys during the ACN.

13. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Agents are scum and ruined the sport. I was a huge Lucho fan but its clear now that they won't lose anything if they let him go. It would be nice to have him on the bench for insurance but we know in France is not feasible to have high salary players on the bench.

14. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Cartlon Cole from West Ham.

15. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  16. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    It says his family is still in France and he'd rather be close to them. I wouldnt want him anyway. He's behavior at PSG was unforgivable.

17. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I get the impression that he's a headcase, yea: very talented, though.

18. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Yeah his family was in France when he wanted to leave PSG and go abroad so thats why it doesnt make sense.

19. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  20. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    They probably cant afford any players from Serie A. I cant even remember the last time they brought in a player from there.

21. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Cash plus Pavlyuchenko then I think maybe we should consider it. Otherwise, we would be an obvious losing end of this trade.