Transfer Thread, Pt. II!

Discussion in 'Olympique de Marseille' started by MetroChile, Apr 21, 2009.

1. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I figured we would start a new thread. :)

2. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    As it seems, OM has everything ok with LB Charley Fomen (Cameroon). He'll probably sub Taiwo,who'll move to an English club.

Today was said that Mevlut Erding can move to OM (8 million Euros).

3. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah, I don't think Fomen is really an immediate replacement, more long term. We've been linked with a few other left backs, including Monzon from Boca/Betis.

4. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I read about Cisse to Tottenham Hotspur. Not sure how interested exactly they are because they seem to be always be linked with tons of players but if they do really want him I dont think he would turn them down at this point. He's not getting an offer from a "Big 4" club and Tottenham is about as good as he could get in England at this point and I doubt he'd choose Greece over them.

5. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, Trezeguet may be interested. That's...interesting. No idea on how much he'd cost, or anything.

6. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    At 31-32 he shouldnt cost too much. Lyon are still interested in him probably.

7. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea, but I think having Deschamps would probably put us over the top, at least as far as French teams.

8. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  9. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  10. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea, it's quite unlikely to happen, but it would be very cool. I'd take just one of them, though.

11. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I think signing a CB is the top priority. Brandao will have a huge year next season. A player to compliment him is important but they need a CB because what they have isnt good enough.

12. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know, Civelli's been sort of ridiculously good at times. I mean, I'm not sure if it will keep up, but...we should at least resign the guy.

Although if Luisao is a legitimate possibility, I'd be pretty happy with that.

13. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Civelli isnt good enough. He's a backup. Also Im not convinced Bonnart/Mears at LB is good enough to make a deep run in Europe. I think Taiwo is the only guy in the back 4 who's position doesnt need to be upgraded. Thats why its important to keep him because thats one position you dont have to worry about and the rest of the backline isnt as solid. Givet, I read is gone so thats one 1 less guy at CB you have and its really too bad Dechamps wont have the oppertunity to get the best out of him. I'm not a big Hilton fan. Ideally, a Givet-Rodriguez pairing would be the best way to go but it never worked out like it did at Monaco.

14. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I think in general, Civelli could be considered a tad above "average". He, however, has been massive the last few games.

15. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea, like I said, I'd definitely resign him, but I think we can do that while still signing another centerback. I don't think Renato necessarily needs to start every game (or even the majority of the games) to be happy.

16. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  17. Droitaubut15

Droitaubut15 New Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Hmmm...I know it has taken awhile to get over the end of the season but I'd expect some more activity here.

Gudjohnson has been linked as a possible transfer as have Cameronesi Tiago , Lucho Gonzalez and Timothy atouba...

Any thoughts? Do we want any of them?

18. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    There's way too many rumors to keep track off. Lucho Gonzalez, I would want the most out of the ones you mentioned. Cameronesi, could be useful for a season but its not worth it. Gudjohnson might do well in L1 I think. Plasil is the guy I dont want. He was ok at Monaco but I dont know how much hes improved since he left there. The team can score so defense must be first. A CB and RB and a defensive mid to replace MBami should be the top priorites. Valbunena can go but Cana must stay. Dump Zenden and sign a cheaper replacement, who I dont know yet.

19. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Lucho Gonzalez would be a nice addition but I would think now he's probably headed to Spain/Italy. Atouba would be good only if Taiwo left and regarding Plasil: he has improved tremendously since his move to Spain. Tiago is pretty much done and so is Camoranesi: keep those 2 away (though if I had to pick one of the two, I would choose Tiago).

20. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yeah, Lucho would be a great pick up. What happened to Trezeguet? Is that still a possibility? I wouldn't mind Gudjohnsenn or Tiago and think they would both do well in Ligue1.

CaMORONesi- NO.

21. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    From what Ive read, it appears Trez could sign with Roma. Ive read this morning that Civelli will not be resigned and Givet will sign with Blackburn. Also Dechamps said he's open to working with Cisse. I still think Cisse's gone but if OM doesnt get a good enough offer then it looks like Dechamps wants to and will use him.

22. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    We could do a lot worse than to sign Gudjohnsen or bring back Cisse. Guddy's case is interesting, though, because he would generally play Kone's position and I don't think Eidur wants to come here to add "depth": he would wanna come for a starting spot.

In Cisse's case, he managed to score 12 or so goals for a horrible S'land team. I would not mind him coming back at all.

I really hope Civelli stays but I guess that's out of the question now :(:he was massive in the final stretch of the season.

23. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Add Fabricio Coloccini to the list of candidates in central defense.

http://news.maxifoot.com/info-098021_90609/football.php

I just wonder how much he contributed to Newcastle's relegation. He seems better than Mellburg or Diawarra though. I wonder what happened to the Daniel Van Buyten track.

24. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    He has been awful since he joined Newcastle: I don't know how much of The Magpies' relegation one could really pin on him, though. :p He's really a shadow of the Coloccini that was a regular for Argentina 2-3 years ago, imho.

25. Droitaubut15

Droitaubut15 New Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    I hold a grudge against Cisse for thinking a mid level prem team like Sunderland was more glamourous than playing for us. I suppose if Deschamps can keep him on a leash and he scores goals I'd eventually forgive him though.. or at the least be able to look past it.