Transfer Rumors

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by Kaney, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Pollo is not good.

CyberAce100 repped this.
  2. JJV1994

JJV1994 Member+

Jun 16, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  3. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
    That's a nice way to put it.

4. Atlas10

Atlas10 Member+

Jun 18, 2005
    high in the sky!
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    ^^ I had big expectations about pollo before the WC Sub 20, but during that cup, he look bad to the point where he lost his spot on the starting 11. I think he needs to pick up again to win a spot with Atlas before thinking on doing the jump

I like Abella from Santos, that kid is good, he score twice on the league & once on Libertadores, I think he'll be moving to europe really soon.

CyberAce100 and Overachiever repped this.
  5. JJV1994

JJV1994 Member+

Jun 16, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If Pollo was good, the Man would be the cover boy for Mexican Football..Instead of the camera's looking for any white Guy/Gal with Mexican colors they'll just follow Briseno's every move....I wish him the best but I just don't see it, sorry Univision:ROFLMAO:

6. robbits

robbits Member+

Jul 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If Maza can make it in Europe, Pollo can too.

7. Balam

Balam Red Card

May 30, 2013
    Club:
    Jaguares de Chiapas FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #5732 Balam, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
    I have no reason to doubt Antonio's ability to be able to succeed in Europe. I'm sure professional European scouts see something in him that most don't and they are far better equiped and trained to judge talent better than anyone here could ever dream of.

Can't judge the kid based on his U20 performance when Cordoba wasn't that well either I thought, or in LigaMX for what it's worth, and he's now at Espanyol developing quite well.

beat junky repped this.
  8. shinymetalbrass

shinymetalbrass Member+

Jan 22, 2012
    US
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Im not sure if Abella has the physicality to make it in Europe. I see him like Guti.

9. JJV1994

JJV1994 Member+

Jun 16, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I would Love to see it Happen ..I'll buy his Jersey for sure if it does...:)....Who's Cordoba???

10. Atlas10

Atlas10 Member+

Jun 18, 2005
    high in the sky!
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

hardly any Mexican player playing in Mexico has the body strength to play in Europe, most of them will need body work to adapt.

11. Balam

Balam Red Card

May 30, 2013
    Club:
    Jaguares de Chiapas FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Jhon Cordoba, 20 years old. Colombian striker who played for Jaguares last year and was going to end up in Ascenso this year before Espanyol asked for his services. Dude only scored like one goal in Liga MX and has 3 now with Espanyol in less games. Always saw the potential in him.

12. ricardofloresc7

Mar 27, 2013
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Abella it's nowhere near Guti's defensive ability, he's quite stressful to see, and hasn't shown any growth whatsoever in that. Trust me in this one, he's not a good fullback.

13. shinymetalbrass

shinymetalbrass Member+

Jan 22, 2012
    US
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Of course he isnt as good as Guti. Hes a decent fullback and he has shown growth. His defensive game still needs a ton of improvement, but i was referring to how he would run into the issues that Guti faced when being considered for something like the NT.

Abella will keep getting better, hes very young.

14. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This. Even though he was the captain, he got benched in the WC because of shitty performances.

15. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    No he can't. Maza started on championship contending Chivas squads before he left. Pollo can't even cut it at lowly Atlas. At least Maza had height and long strides. Pollo is a good leader and decent threat on set pieces. That is it. His positioning is bad, he does not have great physical tools, and he loses his cool.

Sanchito repped this.
  16. Atlas10

Atlas10 Member+

Jun 18, 2005
    high in the sky!
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

you're right, you never know whats gonna happen, just look at Lucas Barros, from been a regular player at atlas, ended up been the star of Borussia

17. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unless Briseno has a eu passport, i don't see why anyone would take a shot with him. Very average player with a very low ceiling

18. Emigomez

Emigomez Red Card

Dec 15, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Pollo Briseno reminds me of Kristian Alvarez from chivas, they were both captains of their team in the u17 of their generation but getting into 1st division play was too much of a stretch for them.

Im noticing that in recent generations Mexico has produced world class talent in the youth category, how ever there still seems to be a big gap between youth and 1st division play.

Majin repped this.
  19. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that just speaks to us the fans jumping on young players bandwagon way too quick

We have to realize that the majority of guys we see succeed at the u17 level will never really make the jump. Seems like a young player pops out and were already penciling them in for the next cycle

Pirru repped this.
  20. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    So, he still sucked dick then too and somebody gave him a shot......

Briseno just has to make sure that he goes to the right team where he can fit in........

21. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Maza was decent when he left. He was bad when he first debuted, but he progressed a ton and I think that's what PSV saw. Everyone thought Magallon was the one who was going to leave. lol

...In my defense repped this.
  22. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    To this day i still dont understand how he was the guy chosen lol......in hindsight it was probably the better choice as magallon aged worse IMO.

23. Athazagoraphobia

Jul 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The force is strong with the Briseño rumours...

Briseño en la mira del Espanyol

[​IMG]

Whoever wrote the 'Mundo Deportivo' article has probably never seen him play... Cites him as a fast defender :ROFLMAO:. Nonetheless, he's being linked to Espanyol by a number of Catalan journalists so I wouldn't be surprised if this was legit.

24. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    well since he is young you never know what a good youth developing club can mold him into. Worth a shot IMO, if he flops there is plenty of time left to finish out his career in Mexico.

beat junky and Majin repped this.
  25. Atlas10

Atlas10 Member+

Jun 18, 2005
    high in the sky!
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    SoyOllin and Overachiever repped this.