Transfer Rumors

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by sidspaceman, Jul 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rajale

rajale Member

Feb 13, 2011
    Mexico
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Durante el CWC iba a comentar que de seguro iban a estar chupando aqui a Jesus Corona, pero no lo hice porque me iba a ver muy amargo... pero tuve la razon, el morro no ha hecho nada sobresaliente aparte de meter goles de rebote en el mundial de clubes, y aquí ya andan diciendo "this kid is special", por favor...

2. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    México Sphera (@MexicoSphera)
    Reporta @abola que Jesús Corona [Monterrey] ha despertado interés en el #Porto. http://t.co/hjcKW5eK || @razaespn @ESPN_JorgeRamos

3. sowrong

sowrong Member+

Aug 20, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    except the kid actually picks up his head when he crosses. He didnt just throw a blind cross, or run himself off the field, like that other fool.

4. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    CANCHA (@reformacancha)
    La información sobre el supuesto interés por Jesús Corona desde Europa perjudican al jugador, cree Víctor M. Vucetich. http://t.co/bRmJfbv2

5. Nightmare310

Nightmare310 Member+

Dec 6, 2007
    The Streets
    Not really. Tecatito can actuality get by his defender and he's a lot more technical than Venado

6. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Forget the step overs, Corona's intelligence is what will get him to Europe.

He's obviously technically and physically gifted but his futbol IQ is rather high for someone so young.

Anyone who watched Monterrey this season saw Corona play so it's not like he only had a couple of good games at the CWC.

Still too soon for Europe talk though.

7. martinlopez

martinlopez Member

Aug 15, 2012
    his highlights are amazing

MeXiCo Ez Mi SaNgRe repped this.
  8. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    ^^^^My favorite part is his presence as he walks out of the tunnel

MEXICO WILL BE CHAMP repped this.
  9. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Por ahi hay un video en YouTube con una compilacion de sus jugadas y partidos en la LigaMX y en particular un partido contra Tigres donde Torres Nilo solo le veia el número en la espalda.

10. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    I kinda agree...he is young but he doesn't seem to have a spectacular skillset nor does he seem to be particularly fast...he looks like Barrera more then Venado...Barrera when he was starting to come up and be a force with Pumas...but not much more than that...not European quality yet...he looks like your typical above average Mexican league player that will have a few good seasons then settle into a routine of average with a few spectacular games mixed in between..like Fabian or Cacho.

11. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I disagree. I mean, at least on the technical aspect. He is different. He has great control, vision, and dribbling. On top of it all, he does something that very few players in the world can do...deliver accurate crosses on a consistent basis. Physically, I agree that he's pretty average.

El Jalisciense, Shzm13 and Sanchito repped this.
  12. bajacalifas

bajacalifas Member+

Oct 17, 2011
    Tecate
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    aquino offers more than corona, but he is a little older corona could get better. I'm suprised there hasn't been any rumors recently for aquino.

Rammstein_Rulez and LGRod repped this.
  13. Sleepy Spaceman

Sleepy Spaceman Member+

Nov 6, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm on the flop bandwagon with Aquino.

14. ninjew

ninjew Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Discordia 2.0
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Esos tambien cuentan no wey? Los de rebote. Chicharito metio uno con el osico. But I can understand because people give Chicharito shit all the time for scoring goals like that. Then you see supposed "world class" players miss those same ones.

I didn't say he was special. I said he might be. But that's gonna come down to his work and confidence. It doesn't take a great futbol analyst to see that this kid looks different than what we're used to.

El Jalisciense, Lalo37 and BrianInVA repped this.
  15. shinymetalbrass

shinymetalbrass Member+

Jan 22, 2012
    US
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I don't think Aquino would flop, but Corona looks special to me. He's 3 years younger than Aquino too.

16. SkiptoMyLou

SkiptoMyLou Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Aquino has very limited skillset, and his niche is his speed and work rate. In just a short 3 minute video I saw that that kid has way better first touch, quickness and technique than Aquino.

Not even hating on Aquino because he works his ass off every single second he's out there, and that's very admirable... but other than that, he's pretty average.

17. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    exactly take away the speed away from Aquino and hes got nothing, Corona has speed but also technical ability and a futboling intuition

18. martinlopez

martinlopez Member

Aug 15, 2012
    if u look at the video against Chelsea u see that he burns Terry several times, def means something special

Athazagoraphobia and yaboy repped this.
  19. BrianInVA

BrianInVA Member+

Mar 24, 2008
    Lake Ridge
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This. I like Aquino, but this kid's ability to take on defenders, close control, and change of direction look great.. I know it's cwc, but azpilicueta isn't a total orange cone.

20. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    not even that he was against world class players and Corona shined in that game vs Chelsea

LGRod repped this.
  21. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That is how you know this is Bullshit! No way a club offers any player a starting spot.

They may say something like we think you have what it takes to break into the starting line up or something.

So according to rumors this is like the 10th player going to Porto right?

Athazagoraphobia and LGRod repped this.
  22. Juturna67

Juturna67 Member+

Chelsea
    Mexico
    Aug 14, 2011
    Whittier, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    They are on a spending spree!

23. Saldgotti1991

Saldgotti1991 Member+

Jun 7, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Why are you mad? Wasn't brek shea going to Arsenal? Of course people over exaggerate rumors. That's why they are rumors.

El Jalisciense, Lalo37, LGRod and 2 others repped this.
  24. ninjew

ninjew Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Discordia 2.0
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Yeah but Brek is the next Ronaldo.... :rolleyes:

thedragonrik58 and LGRod repped this.
  25. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It's not common but there is precedent for players to have minutes clauses in their contracts stipulating they can be released from a contract if they are not played a certain number and/or percentage of minutes if healthy.

However, I highly doubt Marco would be in a position to insist on such a clause were he to go to a big team or any decent 1st division team in Europe.