Transfer Rumors

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by sidspaceman, Jul 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martin del Palacio

Nov 14, 2005
    And it has to be said that even when Mexican players have failed in their Euro ambitions, their value has not decreased. Kikín went to Benfica for 4 million and Tigres paid 4.5 to bring him back. Bravo went there on loan and since the beginning it was obvious he wasn't good enough. The Guarch deal was clear from the beginning, he was going to play with the feeder team, not Espanyol themselves. As for Juárez and Barrera, I don't know how much América and Cruz Azul paid for them, but I'd be surprised if it was much less than what West Ham and Celtic paid for them.

2. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

This.

3. Hdez.Marcos

Hdez.Marcos Member+

Apr 7, 2010
    Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Thrilling good show chaps, now lets make up some rumors.

ipaman repped this.
  4. ipaman

ipaman Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    HOUSTON, TX
    let me clarify since you didn't get it, I'm not accepting ANY loan for Ayala. A loan for a player of his stature is an insult. If you really like the player and want him then buy him, what's so hard to understand about that? If broke as Spain thinks their going to rape Mexican teams the F#@! them.

This is my main argument with you. Who do you think you are that you want to replace Tigres reigning "Best CD in Mexico" award winner with a stop gap??? Give me a break!!! Sorry but you are too one-sided.

My view is if you want talent then pay for it. No discounts for those broke ass Spaniards, and hey if you're broke not my problem.

Not a fair price then stay in Liga MX which recent results show is a very good league.

Anyway, this is Transfer Rumors so I'll borrow a mod hat and say RUMORS or GTFO!!!

Hey I got a rumor, La Liga is broke and 2 teams dominate. Actually that is a fact.

bajacalifas repped this.
  5. Martin del Palacio

Nov 14, 2005
    You definitely have no clue of how the transfer market works, and some kind of bizarre resentment is clouding your judgement. I rest my case.

6. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Not necessarily, but Tigres is not hurting for money, so that comes into play in the decision. I would think they they don't want to lose money in their investment now, even if the potential for making more money later is there.

7. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Here's one:

Pikolin to Real Madrid. Watchala...

Azul88 and Shzm13 repped this.
  8. Pajaro Negro

Pajaro Negro Member+

Jun 27, 2007
    ColoRADo
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Worst mod ever

z0mb1e, Josesito, Azul88 and 4 others repped this.
  9. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Te voy a pintar de amarillo...:mad: :mad:

10. Atlas10

Atlas10 Member+

Jun 18, 2005
    high in the sky!
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    no mamen, pura pinche alegata y nada de "rumores"! no hay mods? vale madre!

z0mb1e, yaboy and SoyOllin repped this.
  11. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ahem...

Azul88 repped this.
  12. Manifesto898989

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    yaboy repped this.
  13. Robert_08

Robert_08 Member

Jun 13, 2007
    El Paso
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    yaboy and shinymetalbrass repped this.
  14. Manifesto898989

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I read that one already in the past too, this one I just posted up because it was three days old. I read a rumor linking Mier to Valencia, but it quickly disappeared after Mexico's exit in the Copa America. It would be awesome if he moved to Europe. Personally I'd like to see him and Moreno paired up in the CB position for qualifiers and for the World Cup.

15. El Yucateco

El Yucateco Member

Nov 1, 2005
    St. Louis, MO
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It's pretty crappy luck that Mexico's rise in both the size of the talent pool and exposure on the international stage coincided with an historic period of economic contraction in Europe.

From the players' perspective, it also doesn't help that Mexico's economy is also on the rise and many investors are starting to point to Mexico as an ideal climate for foreign direct investment (drug war violence notwithstanding) thanks to relative price and wage stability, an incredible number of bilateral trade agreements and the relative proximity to major (read: US) markets, with some favoring Mexico over the BRICS (with a per capita GDP at purchasing power parity on par with Russia and higher than China, India, Brazil and South Africa). A healthy Mexican economy (along with increasing U.S. market presence) means that the asking prices for players are also higher than their South American counterparts (with the exception of a handful of players of the highest quality, most South American players are sold for relatively small fees, that is how teams like Colombia, Paraguay, Chile and Uruguay have considerably more players in Europe than Mexico and also why Brazil and Argentina have well over a hundred players apiece in Europe's top 6 or 7 leagues).

If this breakthrough had happened 10 years ago, when many bottom- and mid- table teams were spending like there was no tomorrow, I believe there would have been substantially more Mexicans moving across the pond than we are seeing today.

16. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    This isn't the late 90's

our players should not go on loan

recuerdan cuando se fueron

palencia
    Temoc
    Villa

fack spain!

Full Price.

Phenom, ipaman, LGRod and 1 other person repped this.
  17. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    This.

By the way Ayala is a great prospect but he hasn´t done anything outside of club level for people to get so offended.

Kaney and SkiptoMyLou repped this.
  18. MEXICO WILL BE CHAMP

MEXICO WILL BE CHAMP BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 9, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I agree with Martin on this,and comparing South American players Transfer fees is pointless,they have obviously a better history of selling world class players thus the price demand,in many businesses you have to sell low right off the bat to get people to take a chance on your product (Mexican players) and then if the product is good you could sell at a better price and they would feel comfortable paying a higher wage. You can't go to Wal-mart and try to provide them with all their produce at the same rate as other competitors when your product is unknown.

19. Martin del Palacio

Nov 14, 2005
    And none of them were good enough to stay, so Spanish teams were probably right by getting them on loan ;)

20. SoyOllin

SoyOllin Member+

Aug 14, 2006
    D TOWN
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This thread is going to HEAT UP!

21. Blu.

Blu. Member+

Apr 16, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    INB4 lowball offers

Sleepy Spaceman repped this.
  22. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Temoc had bad luck.

Best player at that time...

Ayala is definitely a top three in our league

solo pido un poco mas de respeto para nuestra liga

Que sea bien comprado.

rich loc, LGRod and Phenom repped this.
  23. Shzm13

Shzm13 Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Puro Durango
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Se debe mas el respeto a nuestros jugadores, y no a nuestra liga corrupta. Si la oportunidad de jugar en europa se ofrece, no deberian de detenerlos.

24. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    De acuerdo.

no deberian de detenerlos

pero tambien no los van a regalar.

Tigres no es Atlas...el dinero les vale

no hay que darles las nalgas

nomas porque son europeos

como dijo el tuca