Training Camp - Tracking Thread (trialists, etc)

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by troutseth, Jan 27, 2014.

1. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    No more unfortunately.... although I am not sure that is final yet. As of now MLS still lists OBG as DP on their site.

2. truthandlife

truthandlife Member

Jul 28, 2003
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Winner. Can't believe he would come into camp like that. Guy is already on thin ice.

3. crocken

crocken Member

Jan 28, 2011
    MD
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    how exactly is a 18yo HGP Forward on thin ice?

redinthemorning, Heft and *rey* repped this.
  4. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he is suggesting coming into camp overweight puts him on thin ice. There is clear precedent for that. Dom does not put up with that.

5. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    Ask Cisco.

6. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    That picture doesn't look bad at all though IMHO.

7. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Can't ask him, but I'll ask you. What happened to Cisco? Was he out of shape?

8. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    I won't speak for the Dr. but I think this team under Dom has the mentality that if you sign a contract and put on the jersey you need to do your job. No exceptions for age or background. If course kids take different times to develop but you had better put in the work here.

9. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    This seems to be a universal requirement for a non-government job. Sometimes kids have to learn the hard way.

troutseth repped this.
  10. truthandlife

truthandlife Member

Jul 28, 2003
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I know he is a year older than this picture but this is what he looked like when the Dynamo signed him
    [​IMG]
    This is what he looked like when he came into camp (2nd guy on the right)
    [​IMG]

An unproven commodity doesn't come into Dom's camp looking like that.....

Heft repped this.
  11. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Amen to that. Can be hard to turn a hobby you play 20 hours a week in school to you paycheck.

12. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    There are pictures of him the same day looking fitter than in that photo. Which photo is correct? Is he fat now?

13. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Yeah I don't mind if he gets bigger as long as he doesn't lose speed and stamina.

Heft repped this.
  14. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    That's one of the things that I love about Brad Davis--his professionalism. Every young player needs to look at Davis's diet, fitness, and attitude and do everything to emulate those things. If they do, they will be much better. It's hard to teach this to young men. I know I had to learn the hard way about many things.

troutseth repped this.
  15. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    Yeah, that's what I was getting at. Being a homegrown player or young isn't a reason to slack off in Dom's mind. I think Cisco's issues were more talent related though.

Also, I wouldn't put too much stock into one photo.

16. Soccergodlss

Soccergodlss Member+

Jun 21, 2004
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the other side of things, I think Cummings looks really fit.

17. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Davis wasn't always like that. He was a fitness sub off in 2006 and even 2007. He then changed his diet and training and has become a great player, not just a great talent.

At 18, he's still theoretically correctable in terms of his professionalism.

Also, good article in the local leftist fishwrap on Ashe becoming a leader. Said he felt that guys became too lax last year in practice in terms of their internal competitiveness at practices, scrimmages, etc. I like the fire but Id also remind him that leadership is also not unnecessarily getting in some guys face and getting into stupid shoving matches that draw cards and get your coach tossed for leaving the technical area. Gotta have a longer fuse.

redinthemorning and *rey* repped this.
  18. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But someone on the internet said he was fat and the interwebs never lie.

19. truthandlife

truthandlife Member

Jul 28, 2003
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Look at the pic in post 60 and judge for yourself...

20. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Yeah, that's why I brought Davis up, because he did make the change. At 18, you are likely to start learning how to act, because at that point you only know what you are told, and have very little real world experience. Salazar made it this far so he is doing something right, and his family seems like very good people when I observe them at the matches.

If the Chronicle is a leftist paper than I'm Fidel Castro. LMAO

*rey* repped this.
  21. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda

That's not exactly true-my agency just fired someone here because they weren't doing their job. You just have more ways to fight being canned with a GOVT job. But results are results, and if don't get them, out you go.

22. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    :pExcuse my hyperbole. Poor attempt at humor using stereotypes.

metroag repped this.
  23. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    Westside beat me to it. Davis had some major fitness issues early in his Dynamo career and even he admits that he wasn't putting in full work. I really believe he delayed his USMNT callups. On the plus side Brad may extend his club career because he didn't have the USMNT wear and tear.

Not too worried about Salazar. He's only 18 and you have a couple years to beat the bad habits out of him. Not like getting a college draftee at age 22 that you won't get in line to his mid 20s.

24. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda

Rey and WC are right-I read a piece where it was a come to Jesus with Captain Wade (after he retired) that really transformed him. But then again, when it comes from a guy who runs 50 mile races for fun, I think you listen.

25. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i thought Cisco left with Koke for Europe because he was the next messi

Heft and metroag repped this.