trade & free agency ideas

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by OWN(yewu)ED, Mar 10, 2013.

1. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Don't think so. When the 49ers stadium and the Quakes stadium come in , this place may be actually be happening in the eyes of the soccer world. I can envision many bigger games being played at both venues and it can be a big deal. Can you imagine Bayern , Barca or Real playing Mexican teams or even the Quakes at either place? I mean it isn't now but it has the potential to be a huge market!

2. ant0n

ant0n Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So it is a small market. TODAY

3. alexiskool1991

alexiskool1991 Member+

May 9, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Falvo, Soccer-wise, San Jose is a small market team. Economically and technologically it's a huge market.

4. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    San Jose will be big again! I can feel it! ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. alexiskool1991

alexiskool1991 Member+

May 9, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Hopefully it will be. We need out stadium ASAP. I'm sure negotiations with players who may be interested in playing near SF are scared away when they find out we play in a college stadium.

6. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    What exactly makes San Jose a "small market team" "soccer-wise"? People in the bay area don't like soccer?

7. alexiskool1991

alexiskool1991 Member+

May 9, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Not Mls soccer. There's tons of world soccer fans.

8. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our ownership has a small market mentality when it comes to the Quakes, when at the same time they want to move their baseball team here to take advantage of what the market offers, (as did the 49ers.)

9. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, falvo, we still have some people who believe that the Earthquakes supporters groups and the Earthquakes audience is confined to San Jose.

10. ant0n

ant0n Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think Emerson was out of shape. That and also Frank said he would give both him and Cato about a month. Cato showed some flashes then scored and gets a contract for now and Emerson goes back to Mexico......

12. alexiskool1991

alexiskool1991 Member+

May 9, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Or Emerson was so far down the depth chart and wante to be a first team player. It says in the article it was mutual. And Emerson wanted to go back to Mexico to look for a club.

13. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NE Revs just picked up Agudelo for allocation money. Incredible.

Can we go grab Andrew Wenger for allocation money please?? that would be awesome

14. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That and the fact that even though Alexandre Gonzalez Emerson is from San Jose and lived here until he was 12 from what I hear, still can't speak English.

15. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    I find that hard to believe.

16. DotMPP

DotMPP 'Quakes fan in Stumptown

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His mom will be posting if it's not.

17. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Believe what you will, he didn't speak a word of English. Maybe he was he was 2 or 3 wen he left.

18. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    You're changing you story falvo. Didn't you just post that he was around 12 when he left? That's what I was basing my "hard to believe" comment on. Makes no sense that someone could live in the states until age 12,and his mom is American to boot, and he doesn't speak any English. If he left at 2 or 3,different story.

alexiskool1991 repped this.
  19. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm telling you what I read but I do not really know how old he was when he left. The article below reads he was 12 but I'm thinking there was a typo and he could have been 2 or 3 when he left. Either way, my whole point is not so much how old he is but the fact that he still can not speak a word of English and that is the truth and that is probably another reason on why he left. I mean I don't know if Chavez, Bernardez or Martinez (although he might with his American wife) can speak the language fluently or not but they are not listed as American (born) players and they are national teamers and probably much better kill wise than Emerson and they probably didn't want to take the time to work with him.

20. fadedtoblack

fadedtoblack Member+

Nov 6, 2007
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meh. Juan thinks he's god's gift to soccer and it's obvious he doesn't get it. His contract his up after this year, so it's just a rental...as I'm sure he wants to go to Europe (aka fail in Europe). I did see rumblings that he wants DP money to stay. If true, that's laughable. I'd just as soon welcome Sercan back than give that guy DP money.

SJTillIDie repped this.
  21. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Anyone hear any rumors of any player signings they might share? I heard there were some college types who have been in training but I don't really know their names.

22. fadedtoblack

fadedtoblack Member+

Nov 6, 2007
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. ant0n

ant0n Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    theres a fair amount of players i think that we could use on other teams that are just out of favor Zizzo, Nyassi, Hill for the outside are exactly the sorts we are looking for. Guys like Wenger and Bone would be great breath of life for the middle of the park too.

Frank Simek might be returning to MLS and if Beita keeps floundering hes one i hope we would try and make a move for.